Guide: How To Quickly Replace a Punctured Tyre

Guys the tyres of those cars are small.
Its a real pain to change the tyres of Scorpio, they are huge.

Till now only once the tyre of my Car had got punctured in an Forest area.

Very good explanation 350Z.very helpful.But one thing went wrong here was that u placed the jack upside down.The larger base should be on the road n the smaller one to lift the car n u have placed the two in the opposite directions.Also its better to place the jack such that the body first gets lifted and then the axle.that is y the jack has a cut to be filled by the car's body.lifting the axle directly from jack is a very good shortcut but may damage the car since it is not recommended even after being an easier way of doing the job.

The correct way:(taken from another website)
pilot_jack.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19

350Z

Core Team
You're correct, Alok. I happen to notice the upside down jack after uploading the pictures. Cause of hurry. Eh? This will be corrected soon. About the second part - Maruti's representative too demonstrated the same method (As I did) for rear wheels.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Dude, apologies if this sounds rude, but that was probably the most unsafe jack position. The flat side is meant to be on the ground, if the maruti dealer demonstrated it this way, I suggest he be fired straight away. He knows nothing about cars. scissor-jacks.png

Other than that, good tips.

Can't rely on the A.S.S people almost at all stations anymore. They are a bunch of chimps who are jacks of all and masters of none. I am really going crazy when I have to visit the A.S.S for things you can't get done outside. Shocking to learn the method they demonstrated to jack a car. I did not notice earlier that the jack was upside down.

Very good thread, simple yet important information with pictures.

I have a question though for the SUV Owners (Especially for Safari type SUV) How much does the stepney wheel (or any wheel) in your car weigh? Is it actually safe & possible to lift the wheel & fix it in place on the rear door? without getting back ache or something like that.

I have that doubt because, A safari or sumo would easily weigh more than 1.5tons, so the wheels would be much heavier than any hatchback, what do you do once you remove the punctured wheel? just put it in the dikki? or lift it to chest height & mount it on rear door [shock]

Sometimes Chauffeurs of cars (not only SUV's any car for that matter) are not well built (no six packs you see :D) so any suggestion for them? some TAI members would be having Drivers, might be useful to them too.

good information however always had few queries :-
1. are tubeless tyres better in these conditions
2. can electric pump be used to get some air in and drive few kilometers for tubeless tyres
3. is there an electric operated jack available which can be powered through cigratte lighter

Thread Starter #26

350Z

Core Team
Yesterday I replaced a wheel of Fiesta. Trust me; it was more convenient than Maruti 800 (Read better tools). Of course, it weighs more but not a difficult task at all.

Drive Safe,
350Z

so we can't use same tools for M 800
I guess the only problem comes for M 800 is the place to get that jack fixed
thats the only problem i've faced so far

Great explanation and pictures to complement it 350Z! I was wondering if someone could post a similar demo on changing an alloy wheel. Is it the same procedure? Some tips would help. Thanks!

Great explanation and good thread. Except for the first time, I have changed the punctured Tyre myself multiple times. The procedure is always the same.

Couple of precautionary points:

1) Kept the safety triangle a distance from the car to warn the traffic coming from the behind before proceeding with replacing the Tyre / wheel.
2) Check your spare Tyre pressure and inflate if required every time you check the Tyre pressure of regular tires(This is very important before a long drive)

It is indeed a very informative Post. I suggest " How to change Tyres when punctured?" also should become part of the syllabus in Driving School.
Most of the people (especially ladies) who learned driving in a driving school don't even know that there is a spare tyre available in the car. I have really experienced it when my aunt asked the same question to me.

Top Bottom