Thread Starter #1
Ownership reviews are an integral part of The Automotive India. Since day one, these reviews have benefited our forum by sharing truly unbiased long-term information about cars / bikes straight from the owners themselves. While we encourage all members to submit a review, do ensure to adhere to the following guidelines to help us maintain high standards of this community.
- Go through the Announcements section to become familiar with the basic forum functioning.
- Since it is going to be a “review” please refrain from posting a simple line or two for the sake of creating a thread.
- Being unbiased is the essence of an ownership review. Never hesitate to highlight the downsides of your vehicle.
- Put a relevant title. Heading like “Wow my beauty comes home!!” is not acceptable. But “Maruti Swift VDi – My Beauty Comes Home” is perfect.
- A review isn't necessarily expected to be long. Even a short, crisp and to the point write-up with relevant details will suffice (Eg: Fiat Punto Review).
- Keep your thread up-to-date timely with the logs of maintenance work and costs involved. It helps everyone including yourself for reference in future.
- Start by penning down the initial process of buying a car. Such as the idea behind buying, cars shortlisted, car bought and why this particular model? etc.
- Describe the buying experience with dealership and sales person. In case it is comprehensive, feel free to post it separately in Dealership Reviews section.
- Attempt to finish the review in one go instead on posting it in parts after considerable time gap. You can use "Topics in Progress" section to draft a write-up.
- You are not supposed to create a suspense review / incomplete review or asking members to guess the car. Such threads are subject to an instant removal.
- Please use this feature to include link(s) whenever you submit a major update elsewhere in your thread (Example).
- Any attempt to abuse this function will invite ban of user account. Please contact us if you’ve any concerns regarding your review.
- We’re no longer accepting title edit requests to highlight thread updates. If you’ve already done so, request revert to default title by reporting the post.