One stop solution for all your car audio related queries...
You just see this ‘First Car Audio’ YouTube video…
Like me, you will realize, how lucky we are to be born in this century!
My life evolved from VALVE TYPE Radio Mono sounds to DOLBY ATMOS Ultra Digital Sounds!
I really love music, enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction. But, could not be an Audiophile person who spends a lot more to acquire a taste for a lot more than just the music…
Audiophiles are an exceptional breed of people who are fascinated by pure audio, curious about science behind sounds, motivated by sound quality and addicted to audio gadgets…
I always wondered, what makes them to spend so much for a Car Audio System - That is more than the cost of car .
I felt that nothing wrong to know what is special about it, and it resulted here to share about what I learnt.
Hope, this article would be a one stop solution to you – whether you are a simple music lover or a complex audiophile person.
THE INTERESTING HISTORY - HOW CAR AUDIO TECH EVOLVED:
- 1930- The first commercial car radio was the Motorola 5T71 introduced by the Galvin Manufacturing Corporation in 1930 @ about 130 dollars, which was a fifth of the price of a Ford Car.
- 1940- Ten years later, there was a push button AM radio in practically every new car in America. Cars eventually got FM.
- 1950- Philips released a full line of compact record players that used smaller (7-inch) records.
- 1964- The real revolution in car music occurred when Philips introduced the Compact Cassette.
- 1965 to 1980 - “Stereo 8” that was introduced as a joint project by Ford, Motorola and GM – the so-called 8-track tape system.
- 1980s and 1990s the GOLDEN AGE of aftermarket audio systems. Different systems from Philips, Blaupunkt, Grundig, Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, Becker were available, each one better than the other. 1984, when Pioneer introduced the first automotive compact disc player, the Pioneer CDX-1. The CD not only significantly improved audio quality. more and more multi-speaker –at least 6 speaker stereo systems were installed. Huge range of additional equipment became available like amplifiers, equalizers, subwoofers, remote controls, etc.
- Present Century: New digital technologies and the Mp3 formats totally changed those 50 years’ format. The size of the head unit changed to Single / double DIN. (DIN stands for Deutsches Institut für Normung, a German group that sets industry standards and which once set the standard for all car radios)
We enjoy the best of Multimedia System on wheels like Touch screen, Rear view camera / 360-degree camera, Video Recording, Navigation, Android Auto/Apple Car play and DSP and more…