Guidance on Headlamps and Tires for My Punto

Yes. 4300k HID's are the ones that you see in all high end cars these days.
4300k HID's provides the best throw and visibility. It's just not the color difference. There is also difference in output.
Yes, installing HID's in projectors and without one will have huge difference. Installing in stocks will cause some light to be scattered so 100% of the light cant be used effectively.

I got the HID kit for 7.5k around 10 months back.

There are many tyre options available. I use Yokohama S Drives 205/50/R15 and I find it AWESOME.! Many dont find it good. But am satisfied and all my friends use this.

Thread Starter #19
This thread would help you - http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/tec-talk/473-about-tyre-rotation.html

BTW, if you plan to change your alloys, do let me know, I would be interested in stock alloys.[:)]
THANX RSM GOOD INFO VERY HELPFULL

ya sure i will if i make any such plans
-----------Next Post-----------
Yes. 4300k HID's are the ones that you see in all high end cars these days.
4300k HID's provides the best throw and visibility. It's just not the color difference. There is also difference in output.
Yes, installing HID's in projectors and without one will have huge difference. Installing in stocks will cause some light to be scattered so 100% of the light cant be used effectively.

I got the HID kit for 7.5k around 10 months back.

There are many tyre options available. I use Yokohama S Drives 205/50/R15 and I find it AWESOME.! Many dont find it good. But am satisfied and all my friends use this.
thanks for the info
the problem what i felt in 6000k hids was on an empty road no doubt they were very much better that stock bulbs but when i went on a busy road i found that the hids light kind of vanished and i couldnt see properly
last night i drove a friends swift who had installed hids

Last edited:
THANX RSM GOOD INFO VERY HELPFULL

ya sure i will if i make any such plans

thanks for the info
the problem what i felt in 6000k hids was on an empty road no doubt they were very much better that stock bulbs but when i went on a busy road i found that the hids light kind of vanished and i couldnt see properly
last night i drove a friends swift who had installed hids
HID's are always better than the stock bulbs. Although the difference between 4300k and 6000k isnt much, you can definitely feel the difference while driving them, especially in city traffic.

Here are some pics of my ride for your reference.

Low:

High:

Low:

High:

Some more pics. Difference between 4300k and 6000k HID's. On the left is my ride with 4300k on projectors and on the left is my friends swift using Philips 6000k on Stock HL.

6000k on Stock - Low:

6000k on Stock - High:

Thread Starter #21
naveen the pics are very usefull thanx a ton[thumbsup]
there is a difference in both seems both in throw and colour
phillips 6000k seems very good but did you feel what i told above like the white light being eaten up?
have you heard about p8 hids?

so what do you think will hids solve my problem?
but i also have fogs but they are yellow if i install 6000k i will need to change the fogs too or they would look odd ?
are 6000ks street legal?
are 4300k available for fogs?

naveen the pics are very usefull thanx a ton[thumbsup]
there is a difference in both seems both in throw and colour
phillips 6000k seems very good but did you feel what i told above like the white light being eaten up?
have you heard about p8 hids?

so what do you think will hids solve my problem?
but i also have fogs but they are yellow if i install 6000k i will need to change the fogs too or they would look odd ?
are 6000ks street legal?
are 4300k available for fogs?
True. In dark areas you will feel that the 6000k are better but will suffer in city conditions and also during rain. That's why 4300k is opted. You can also notice the scattering and irregular light of 6000k, whereas in 4300k since projectors are used, the light beam is better.
Yes, had seen their advertisement in magazines, but dont think it's good. Have heard some guys sharing some bad experiences.

HID's in regular clear lamp HL's are illegal actually [;)]
These are meant to be used with projectors. The reason why cops are easily attracted is that, when used in stock HL's, the light tends to blind oncoming traffic and if 6000k is used, there will be this huge color difference when compared to stock bulbs. So cops get this feeling, "Ah, here comes a racer".!

That's why I dont recommend 6000k.

Yes, I too feel the color difference. I use stock fogs and can feel the color change. So if you use 6000k, there will be huge difference. But changing over your HL and fogs into HID's can burn your pocket. No issues if you have the budget.

hmm so this means i cant go for a 90/100 bulb as ofcourse it may burn my film .
then except hid i dont have much options for better visibilty?
do 4300k scatter as much as 6000k ? 4300k are installed in all stock projectors i mean skodas and fortuner ones aint it?
do the 6000k give more through than the 4300k or the difference is just in color?
i have already seen your video in one of your thread for mooded swift
yes ofcouse your headlamp intensity is very high but as i will install hids in my stock hl with no projectors there will be much difference as compared to yours aint it? in intensity and in throw both?

what is the cost of a pair of auto gauge 4300k hids? including ballast and everything?

for tires what will be the cost of a pair of 205/60 r15 tires ?
what brands are good enough?

hey bro i dont think i can now get a phillips 90/100 coz it may burn my sun film . also what wattage are osram nigh breakers i guess they will also get very hot?

Hey Vishal.

Osram night breakers are of same wattage as the stock bulbs 55/60w, i'm using it on my New honda city so no issues. [:D]

@ AMG RSM has only Punto emotion and not pack.

@ Vishal Try following tyre rotation to enhance the tyre life. If you have the money change the fogs too else don use fog lights![;)]

are they better than stock ones?
i am still confused what headlamps should i opt for
Hey Vishal,

No need of HID's just upgrade to PHILLIPS Xtreme powers 55/60 & have HL alignment done, nothing more required[thumbsup].

even i have the same on my Punto. More brightness & beam throw compared to OEM bulb.

I brought from Phillips dealer. Cost 825/-incl. Tax

Thread Starter #28
Hey Vishal,

No need of HID's just upgrade to PHILLIPS Xtreme powers 55/60 & have HL alignment done, nothing more required[thumbsup].

even i have the same on my Punto. More brightness & beam throw compared to OEM bulb.

I brought from Phillips dealer. Cost 825/-incl. Tax
thanx will check them out but arent they very costly even the 90/100 w are cheaper??

Top Bottom