Grooves For Engines

Have you done it on the Bullet? What is the result? I want to try in my Cast Iron Royal Enfield Bullet 350cc. Please share your findings. Thank you.

Na RAGHU
Chennai
Raghu, Groove works on cylinder heads with an actual squish area. Bullet's head being hemi type, there wouldn't be much difference in performance . Instead you can replace the decompressor valve with a spark plug and have twin-spark for better combustion, if you are NOT running on points.
-Ilango P

Thank you.

Shall I try it as I find the benefits of groove mentioned seems to be more beneficial to CI bullet performance. If literally no use, I will not try it.

[
no, he has done it on late 80s and lots of 90s cars also.

and he is clearly mentioning that it can be done on any damn car !!

its simple because, its not about carb or FEP. its about AFM's (air fuel mixture) motion and compression. so this things will take place in cylinder, you dont have to do anything in other parts of engine.

i am trying to reach him either by phone or email, lets hope he reply ASAP , will surely update here whats conclusion.
here is the doc he has attached with his reply
donno if its right to post it here openly or not,
but it will give you some light about his work.

i have asked about doing it in bullet, if he dont have enough time / man power, i have asked about helping / guiding me for doing the same, waiting for his reply.
Mr.Dhuruv Pandit, Have you done the groove on CI STD Bullet? How is the performance and fuel consumption? Any improvement? Please advise. I would like to do if it is worthwhile. Thank you

[

Mr.Dhuruv Pandit, Have you done the groove on CI STD Bullet? How is the performance and fuel consumption? Any improvement? Please advise. I would like to do if it is worthwhile. Thank you
yes, done that in my 1981 made RE. but no significant change observed either in FE or in pickup. i think @Ilangop has said right, it won't effect on RE cylinder.

The grooves technology was discovered by Mr Somender Singh and has been documented to help engines with 2 valves per cylinder(cars like M-800's and older ones)

More details on the subject can be found on:
SOMENDER-SINGH.com - Home

Has anyone tried this yet?
Is this the same with 'GadgetmanRon' of New Zealand? Who invented it, Somender or Ron?

Last edited:
Raghu, Groove works on cylinder heads with an actual squish area. Bullet's head being hemi type, there wouldn't be much difference in performance . Instead you can replace the decompressor valve with a spark plug and have twin-spark for better combustion, if you are NOT running on points.
-Ilango P
Hi, For Honda Activa 125cc and 2010 Santro , shall I try the Grooves. Please advise

Of course you can. Use a small triangular file. Use the head gasket to mark the periphery of the combustion chamber. Direct the groove towards the spark plug. At least 3mm depth is required. Install the head back, with a new head gasket. You may need to adjust the tappet setting if it has to be done manually. All the best

Top Bottom