Grooves For Engines

Varun560061 said:
So did you get any difference, I guess the groove is not so deep.

Dint you clean them ?
Engine is only 350cc.
Its about 3mm deep.
Yes, cleaning is to be done. And engine fitment is yet remaining. I am doing myself.

Hi Friends its been months since I have updated the thread.

I have drove almost 5000 kms after getting the grooves !

There is quite a lot improvement I must say. The mileage is constantly around 15-16 in cities (you know B'lore traffic) and in highways if I drive around 80-90 kmph I would easily get 20-22.

I am easily able to make my car move in 3rd gear from speed of just 20. And switch to 4 th after 35kmph.

I had taken it to many long drives, say even ghat sections, curvy roads etc. 3/4 people on board I could make the car easily climb in 3rd gear. Worst is 2nd gear.

Before I had to come down to 1st then 2nd.

As far as other things like heating up etc, no issues found, no leakages.

One thing is bugging me ! What I felt is the low end and mid have been improved but lost the high(top) end performance. Say after crossing 110 kmph it struggles a lot, before it use to easily go upto 130 even 140 kmph.

Is there any solutions ?

Varun560061 said:
Hi Friends its been months since I have updated the thread.

I have drove almost 5000 kms after getting the grooves !

There is quite a lot improvement I must say. The mileage is constantly around 15-16 in cities (you know B'lore traffic) and in highways if I drive around 80-90 kmph I would easily get 20-22.

I am easily able to make my car move in 3rd gear from speed of just 20. And switch to 4 th after 35kmph.

I had taken it to many long drives, say even ghat sections, curvy roads etc. 3/4 people on board I could make the car easily climb in 3rd gear. Worst is 2nd gear.

Before I had to come down to 1st then 2nd.

As far as other things like heating up etc, no issues found, no leakages.

One thing is bugging me ! What I felt is the low end and mid have been improved but lost the high(top) end performance. Say after crossing 110 kmph it struggles a lot, before it use to easily go upto 130 even 140 kmph.

Is there any solutions ?
Thats very good report bro.
Don't know why its not giving power on high rpm!

I will search on it. Also my bull is on his way to run. Another 3 /4 days remaining.

20 - 22kmpl is an excellent figure. That itself speaks about condition of the vehicle & ofcourse care taken by you. Congrats. Good detailed report.

Varun I also interested to do grove on my alto! should I take a help from mechanic and any idea how much will cost for a new engine head of alto? if the worst case have to replace it :)

Thread Starter #158
@rakeshkn:Please be sure to ask Varun about the the detailed pros and cons.

Also be sure to find a good mechanic.

Friends here is an update..

Yesterday I attended the TAI meet in Vellore.
I had filled up 18.2 liters for 1400 rs.

With this I could travel 381 kms. So mileage is 20.93

Speed was almost around 120 every time. AVG speed would be around 90-100kmph.
(Note : The above figures are with out using A/C)

I am very happy !

Last edited:
The same trip was done by our member Karthik with me in his stock 800 (same model euro 2 mpfi). He also did the same speeds but he got around 17.

My car is very thirsty in city drives !! If I drive in 2nd gear then you should have enough money in the pocket. [lol]

But I manage in 3rd gear. So its fine. But with A/C petrol = water. [lol]

Top Bottom