Grooves For Engines

Thread Starter #166
Tha'ts true man.

@sreejeshtpl:The mpi kit that you are using is performing the same effect that the grooves are.But if you do get the grooves done on your car, please post the results.

Oh my god

With this I could travel 381 kms. So mileage is 20.93

Speed was almost around 120 every time. AVG speed would be around 90-100kmph.
What on earth am I reading! Oh my god, those mileage figures & speeds just make me go crazy, I cant believe M800/ any other petrol car can give this of mileage(at those speeds). I think these mileage figures are not just because of the grooves, it is also because of the way you have maintained your car all these years.

I am really delighted that you all had a safe & pleasant journey with atrocious mileage. I think your car is 9yrs old right, but its astonishing to see the aging effect is minimal (or lets say absent) in your car? You must open a new thread to discuss Do's, Dont's & Tips on "HOW TO MAINTAIN M800 & GET GOOD MILEAGE"

Re: Oh my god

It was an awesome experience to drive with Varun and I really felt the magic of grooves. I'm going to get it done!! [clap]
Thanks, BTW how did you feel when you drove it ?

What on earth am I reading! Oh my god, those mileage figures & speeds just make me go crazy, I cant believe M800/ any other petrol car can give this of mileage(at those speeds). I think these mileage figures are not just because of the grooves, it is also because of the way you have maintained your car all these years.

I am really delighted that you all had a safe & pleasant journey with atrocious mileage. I think your car is 9yrs old right, but its astonishing to see the aging effect is minimal (or lets say absent) in your car? You must open a new thread to discuss Do's, Dont's & Tips on "HOW TO MAINTAIN M800 & GET GOOD MILEAGE"
Thanks, its showing its aging effect in form of the body panels started rusting. But performance wise it isn't showing any kind of aging. [evil]

So if you also remove the headers/ open end can I guess you can get more mileage, also maintain the speed around 80-90.

Varun,

I have grooved my ancient VW and am very pleased. I've done more mods than just the grooves and I am well past the 'norms' for my engine. Specifically, the normal timing is about 30 degrees modified or not. I have found the best tining for my combination to be 16 degrees. More than that it pings. Likewise, the normal mileage is 22ish mpg and I am getting 28-30.

It is possible your sluggishness at high speed (high rpm) is the advance being too large. The grooves make the combustion fast and maybe it's trying to push the piston down at high rpm, killing your high speed performance.

Regards, Eric

Varun560001 i must say u are indeed very brave for trying this out on your engine first (Successfully) coz a car has just one engine , and i would think 200 times before attempting to do it ... All in all an awesome DIY[clap]
Kudos to you Varun560001 [cheers]
This mod is definitely on my books and i will be definitely be attempting this in 2 months time....

Varun560001 i must say u are indeed very brave for trying this out on your engine first (Successfully) coz a car has just one engine , and i would think 200 times before attempting to do it ... All in all an awesome DIY
Kudos to you Varun560001 [cheers]
+1 to that [thumbsup]

I know he loves his car alot must have taken alot of guts to experiment with it.

i was just thinking [thinking]if i put the MPI Kit & the engine grooves both together.... just imagine the power and mileage ill have ......! :stupid:
Im definitely not going to get sleep in the night thinking of this..... [:)]

On a serious note Gurus pls let me know if both can be incorporated or any 1 would be advisable, mine is a carb esteem, as in (having both would yield double results OR is just a wastage because both the mods perform same functions)

Current mielage (City) w/o AC: 10 KMPL
Current mielage (High Way) a/o AC : 15 KMPL

I Have plans to do only one but was curious to know ...

Thanks RPM 2500 and prads. I usually can't wait till others do I am always in a hurry.
Many times my DIY's are ended up like this some times failed too.

I can't tell whether both would improve mileage, but grooves do it.

Shreejesh and Jarpickle please post some info about the MPI kit as you are using it.

Thread Starter #174
The MPI kit is designed to give the same burn as the grooves.

Since I do not have grooves yet in my car, I cannot comment on how they would work together.

As for the MPI kit it provides good mileage.I do not have an A/C so I get figures in 20's
driving at an average of 80KMPH.

If you are interested in getting the MPI kit let me know,I know the manufacturer.

What car do you drive RPM2500?

The MPI kit is designed to give the same burn as the grooves.

Since I do not have grooves yet in my car, I cannot comment on how they would work together.

As for the MPI kit it provides good mileage.I do not have an A/C so I get figures in 20's
driving at an average of 80KMPH.

If you are interested in getting the MPI kit let me know,I know the manufacturer.
Oh yes i would like to go for this, pls give me the details jarpickle, it would be of great help
What car do you drive RPM2500?
The car i have: carb esteem type 1, and ive clocked 49000 on the ODO

Last edited:
Jarpickle-

It is probable that the timing reduction may just fix the top end. My theory is that the faster combustion speed will actually try to push the piston back down (too advanced) making the engine fight itself.

I don't know if it's possible to adjust the timing on your engines easily, but if you can 'twist the distributor' to get an overall reduction of 2-3 degrees and try it. Ignore the bad behavior at low rpm and see if your high speed problem gets better. If yes, then recurve the timing accordingly. My distributor has old time weights and springs so modifications are straightforward.

All I know is that my modifications (grooves and compression) significantly reduced the need for advance.

Regards, Eric

Thread Starter #178
@EricUSA: Thanks for your suggestion, have asked Varun560061 to try it out.He is facing loss of engine power at the top end.

Top Bottom