Grooves For Engines

what man!
100 dollars all up thats so cheap ( 100 dollars = 5400rs)

man you know to take my car's head off its 1500 dollars , to add a new engine (reconditioned one) abt 2500 dollars.

so its cheaper to swap an engine then to fix the existing one.
Why to worry bring it here, I will get it done for you !! [lol]

OT, i must have to think about opening a garage there [evil]
Better I join you (partnership) [clap]

May be if coolant is flushed you need to change

(it contains almost 20 different gaskets).

The effect needs to checked if you are willing to do it ? Ha Ha [lol]
Is it compulsory to drain the coolant/ oil before opening the head?
Did you replace all the 20 gaskets!

My car is not getting grooves atleast for next few months. Just curious to know how old engines react to grooves [;)]

Thread Starter #140
The website suggests its better suited to newer MPFI and CRDI engines with low mileage.

Yes you need to drain all the liquids, else its just going to make a mess.

You can drain it in a clean container and reuse it if its really new.Just strain it through a filter.

Is it compulsory to drain the coolant/ oil before opening the head?
Did you replace all the 20 gaskets!

My car is not getting grooves atleast for next few months. Just curious to know how old engines react to grooves [;)]
If you have changed the oil/ coolant recently just drain it into a clean container and reuse it as jarpickle suggested.

No I just replaced 5-6 gaskets only.
Why, I taught you would get the groves in couple of weeks.[;)]

Varun, Jarpickle and other folks who have attempted grooving, can you please post a detailed report on the job done and the outcome including actual figures(some kind of before and after comparo to the best of what you can) - it would be really useful for all [:)]

Varun, Jarpickle and other folks who have attempted grooving, can you please post a detailed report on the job done and the outcome including actual figures(some kind of before and after comparo to the best of what you can) - it would be really useful for all [:)]
Hi Iron Rock, I have done it on my car, I have put the detailed report in page 9.

Sorry could not take any reports before doing it, like compression test etc.

Hi Iron Rock, I have done it on my car, I have put the detailed report in page 9.

Sorry could not take any reports before doing it, like compression test etc.
ahh thanks mate, sorry my bad i missed it, looks interesting and you seem to find a good enough difference, keep us posted on the "difference" as you keep rolling on..

It will be good to have a lot of "real" data and after effects(if any) over a longer term period - hope all the groovers post their experiences here - get groovy [:)]

Today started with boostergauge's car.(Maruti 800) We just did 1 groove per cylinder this time.

We also grinded the intake holes this time to remove all the rough edges and also the bulge on the each hole.
Engine head has to be cleaned, may be end result on Tuesday !!

Some pic's rest after finishing.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom