Grey Monster: Toyota Innova VX 8-Seater (2011) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #76
Music_Swift,
As you said, by Gods grace bought an another innova 2009 model with 167043 kms on ODO. Yesterday only i have taken the delivery and this time i am firm not to sell this car.
If you bought it on loan no don't sell it, if not then sell it & buy Creta
Congrats ambylovers for buying 2009 Innova.I'am glad that my advice had helped you so much.BTW,which version and colour did you buy and for how much did you buy it?And,want a pic of your car as well as ownership review.

Manish-Nope,bought it from dad's friend an year ago without any loan.But,bought Honda City under loan and its under my mom's name whereas Innova is under dad's name.As a replacement for Innova,thinking for Diesel AT this time like Creta AT and Crysta AT as my dad and myself would be driving the car most of the time.But,dad might go for Crysta AT as he loves Innova so much but telling him to go for Creta so that he and I could drive as my dad is hating to drive an MT car in traffic as his age is growing and my driver now a days preferring to drive Honda City over Innova and even my parents also prefer Honda City now a days.That is the reason why Honda City did 2500 Kms in a month and 7 days and Innova did a mere 500 Kms in a month.But,we take out the Innova once or twice in a week whereas City is our daily ride used by mom to visit our school and sometimes,my mom drives herself the Honda City to her workplace whereas dad takes Innova along with driver as he doesn't want to drive a bigger car in city traffic and coming to parking,Honda City is parked inside most of the time whereas Innova is parked in front of our house.But,I still love Innova so much despite arrival of Crysta.Once I become perfect in driving the car,I would use Innova most of the time over City.

And,an issue cropped up in Innova.When the steering is in straight position,the horn is not working at all whereas whenever we turn the steering,it works.What could be the problem.Shall I change the horn or get this issue fixed?

Thread Starter #77
There is nothing much to update about Innova.He was last taken a week ago when we went to temple with parents and aunts.That was the last day we had taken out the Innova and we are in Delhi since last Tuesday and Innova is hardly as my driver is taking out the Honda City over Innova to take my aunt for shopping for marriage and distribution of wedding cards.

From next week,I guess,the Innova will see more running due to my cousin's marriage,which is on October 5th.It will be a serious workhouse till Oct 5th or 8th,maybe.

Thread Starter #78
Updates!

Updating this thread after a long time.Now,I’m facing with problem which is very embarrassing i.e horn.Yes,the horn is not working since past 1.5 months and it works rarely.What could be the problem with the horn?After reading about this issue in another forum,the culprit was faulty spiral cable,which is a common issue in Innova.If I want to replace this part,it costs around ₹15k.

Recently,when mom’s cousin took the Innova outside,he showed it to a local mechanic and that guy said that,this cannot be solved by us only showroom people can resolve the issue.That guy said there is a pin under airbag has been gone and it needs to be replaced.

And,Innova had more running since last few days due to my cousin’s marriage and had a highway trip today and filled ₹1000 of fuel near my hometown and still has 105 Kms of DTE after doing 100 Kms after resetting the meter.

Odo reading as of today is 97370 Kms.

Thread Starter #79
1L Kms service and few parts changed

Odo reading-99766 Kms.Now he is in service center as it’s time for 1L Kms service.Got the bill of ₹25828 as we have changed spiral cable(this is the reason why horn was not working and costed ₹14500 for this),seat belt holder,front suspension bush,front left wiper,rear wiper blade.Will get him from ASC tomorrow.

And,the monster did few highway runs recently.One to Srisailam and one to Ganagapur,which is near to Gulbarga and few runs to our hometown.When I checked the FE before his service and after two highway trips last week,I got a shocking FE of 15.47 Kmpl(tankful to tankful) as we did 100 Kmph on ORR.

Planning to retain him for another 2 years as I felt retaining him is way better than selling him.When I went for servicing,I approached an evaluator guy from Toyota dealer and got a price of ₹9-9.5L if we are planning to go for Crysta.

Thread Starter #80
1,00,000 Kms done

Updating this thread after long time.Thanks to my semester exams,I couldn't update this thread at all.He has completed 1,00,000 Kms recently and now the odo reading is more than 1,01,300 Kms and he is taken out rarely for highway trips or occasional trips as Honda City is the daily ride for dad and mom.

And,did 25000 Kms in 1.5 years,which is way less for an Innova.

Thread Starter #81
Updates after a long time

Updating this thread after long time.My Innova’s driver side headlight bulb had been conked off and changed both lights to Hella white lights and along with that,I had changed the horns too.The horns make are Minda redgrilles.

Odo reading is around 106400 Kms and will be having highway trip in few hours and did 30,000 Kms in 20 months,which is way lesser than previous cars,which we used to do 30,000 Kms within an year.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #82
Updates!!

Updating this thread after long time.My Innova’s driver side headlight bulb had been conked off and changed both lights to Hella white lights and along with that,I had changed the horns too.The horns make are Minda redgrilles.

Odo reading is around 106400 Kms and will be having highway trip in few hours and did 30,000 Kms in 20 months,which is way lesser than previous cars,which we used to do 30,000 Kms within an year.
Odo reading as of today is shade above of 1,07,200 Kms.Got the FE of around 13.4 Kmpl when we had highway trip to Warangal last week.

Thread Starter #83
2 years and 35000 Kms!

Updating this thread after long time.

We have completed 2 years with Innova and thanks to less FE,we did nearly 35000 Kms in 2 years while our City has run 24000 Kms in 1 year.BTW,we gave our Innova for 1,10,000 Kms service recently and costed me Rs.8827 along with WA and WB.But,my service experience with Yashoda Krishna Toyota was below average and SA's were not attentive.It has become fish market and when I asked the same to the service manager,he said,saar there are less staff and more vehicles that's why it became fish market.And,when we went to take our Innova,my SA,Mr.Syed was not available and I had to approach service manager,Mr.Laxman on that day.And,while we were about to go home,I saw interiors are not cleaned perfectly and I had to call interior polishing head and had to wait for 1 hr for getting interiors cleaned.I didn't expect this type of service quality from Toyota and I even feel that Honda's service was way better than Toyota.And,after the Toyota ASC had quoted exorbitant price of tail light and driver side ORVM,we bought mirror plastic holder for Rs.380 and rear RHS taillight for Rs.1200 from outside and installed it at my nearby FNG.

And,the Odo reading is close to 1,10,800 Kms as of today and the car age is 7 years 2 months old.Thinking to get some accessories and some denting-painting as my brother's marriage is nearing and thinking to sell it off in few months as we are not using it much and Creta AT or Crysta AT would be next car for us as we felt AT is much needed.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #84
Updates!

Updating this thread after long time.

We have completed 2 years with Innova and thanks to less FE,we did nearly 35000 Kms in 2 years while our City has run 24000 Kms in 1 year.BTW,we gave our Innova for 1,10,000 Kms service recently and costed me Rs.8827 along with WA and WB.But,my service experience with Yashoda Krishna Toyota was below average and SA's were not attentive.It has become fish market and when I asked the same to the service manager,he said,saar there are less staff and more vehicles that's why it became fish market.And,when we went to take our Innova,my SA,Mr.Syed was not available and I had to approach service manager,Mr.Laxman on that day.And,while we were about to go home,I saw interiors are not cleaned perfectly and I had to call interior polishing head and had to wait for 1 hr for getting interiors cleaned.I didn't expect this type of service quality from Toyota and I even feel that Honda's service was way better than Toyota.And,after the Toyota ASC had quoted exorbitant price of tail light and driver side ORVM,we bought mirror plastic holder for Rs.380 and rear RHS taillight for Rs.1200 from outside and installed it at my nearby FNG.

And,the Odo reading is close to 1,10,800 Kms as of today and the car age is 7 years 2 months old.Thinking to get some accessories and some denting-painting as my brother's marriage is nearing and thinking to sell it off in few months as we are not using it much and Creta AT or Crysta AT would be next car for us as we felt AT is much needed.
Updating the thread after long time.Now,the Innova has run 1,13,900 Kms and raking up some miles since last few days and this is our highway runner and dad's daily ride as our Honda City is used by mom everyday to her work.Now,gearing up to go to Tirupati this week with my cousins in Innova.After 1,10,000 Kms service,he has run nearly 3000 Kms and will be doing around 1200 Kms this week to Tirupati.And,he served as pickup vehicle during my brother's marriage,which happened this week.

Thread Starter #85
1500 Kms trip!

Did a trip to Tirupati on 10th Sep and came back on 12th night.The total we did was 1500 Kms and spent Rs.10,260 on Diesel itself,which is totalling around 130 Litres of Diesel.First full tank gave me 13.9 Kmpl while second gave me 11 Kmpl as we drove it on Ghats and travelled within Tirupati city and third full tank gave me more than 12 Kmpl.The odo before starting to Tirupati was shade above 1,14,000 Kms and after coming back to Hyd,the odo was shade above 1,15,500 Kms.

And,changed the horns to stock one and changed the driver side headlight as fog had entered into the light and changed it before going to Tirupati at Harsha Toyota.

Thread Starter #86
Updates!

Updates:

Our Innova has run close to 1,17,000 Kms and its been used daily by my dad as my mom is using City for her office rides.After changing the horns to stock,I was getting meek meek sound and later my driver fixed it and now sounding better and sounds more like Crysta stock horn.

Now,thinking whether we should upgrade our Innova(though begging my dad to retain the old Innova)with Crysta GX AT,VX MT or Z MT/AT or retain our Innova and City and go for Creta AT and use Innova as my daily ride.But,not replacing City as its my mom's daily ride to office.

My dad feels that Crysta GX AT is more VFM as it costs Rs.6L less than Crysta Z AT and it has got better features like Cruise control ( AT only),Speed-Sensing lock,Impact Sensing Door Unlock,Sunvisor w mirror/ lid,ORVM w/ Retract & Welcome light,Steering Switch MID, Audio Control, Telephone,Display Audio, Touch Screen, DVD, BT, Mic & Amplifier ( For Bluetooth Phone) and things which I'm missing in Crysta GX AT compared to my 2011 Innova VX is auto climate control,fog lamps and compared to VX/Z,I would be missing big MID,push button,extra 4 airbags(Z),17 inch alloys(Z) and other features.If we buy GX AT,I would get fog lamps installed along with 17 inch aftermarket alloys and upgrade the interior to look like Z AT version.These cost me close to Rs.2L and we would be saving Rs.3-4L over Z or save money and buy a Creta AT.

Re: Updates!

Updating this thread after a long time.Now,I’m facing with problem which is very embarrassing i.e horn.Yes,the horn is not working since past 1.5 months and it works rarely.What could be the problem with the horn?After reading about this issue in another forum,the culprit was faulty spiral cable,which is a common issue in Innova.If I want to replace this part,it costs around ₹15k.
Common issue, not only in Innova but also on all models of Toyota. The same problem happened to my Landcruiser Prado. Changed the spiral cable module. It is little expensive, and in my case it turn out to equivalent 25000rs.

Thread Starter #88
Re: Updates!

Common issue, not only in Innova but also on all models of Toyota. The same problem happened to my Landcruiser Prado. Changed the spiral cable module. It is little expensive, and in my case it turn out to equivalent 25000rs.
I too changed the same during my 1,00,000 Kms service,which happened almost an year ago and costed me Rs.14500.

Thread Starter #89
Completed 1,20,000 Kms this weekend and odo is shade above 1,20,300 Kms.Now,I need to give our Innova for 1.2L Kms service after Telangana elections and get cosmetic upgrades to it and Innova's running has been increased a bit as my dad is travelling much in politics these days.

Thread Starter #90
Innova has run close to 1,21,000 Kms and yet to give him for servicing as we are not finding to give it for service.And,when I said my dad that I'll get some cosmetic mods done for Innova,he said,why spending much as I'm thinking to sell off the car in few months down the line.Yes,the Innova might leave our garage as we don't need 7 seater anymore and due to bad FE,thinking to sell off the Innova and get a Creta AT or another automatic as a replacement for Innova.

Top Bottom