Grey Monster: Toyota Innova VX 8-Seater (2011) Ownership Review

Thread Starter #91
Innova has run more than 1,22,000 Kms and battery issue got cropped up yesterday.Had to change the battery yesterday itself and costed Rs.5000 for it and Innova has been crunching more mileage like anything.Did 46000 Kms in 2.5 years of usage while after accident,did 40000 Kms in 2 years.Need to give the car for 1,20,000 Kms service as we are not finding enough time to give the car for service.

Thread Starter #92
Had an highway trip in Innova today.Did around 250-270 Kms on highways and the car was full with 7 members on board.While coming back from the trip,the car was not starting at all and again the problem was battery itself but reached home safely.Need to give the Innova for servicing today as it has run 2500 Kms more(present odo is 1,22,500 Kms) and need to change the tyres too as the present set of tyres are nearing to end of its life.

The Innova had spent most of its time on highways last week and this week.

Thread Starter #94
Adding pictures makes the story more interesting to read [cheers]
Sure will post the pics soon.

Anyways,our Innova has run 1,23,700 Kms as of today and he is more of a highway runner rather than a city runner(thanks to gram Panchayat elections),the Innova is seeing highway roads most of the time and yesterday,dad did around 200 Kms up and down to hometown.

Thread Starter #95
Finally,gave the Innova for 1,20,000 Kms service at 1,24,300 Kms.I know its late but due to gram Panchayat elections and other commitments,had to give the car today.Got the bill around Rs.27k and replaced brake pads along with driver side ORVM,which costed me around Rs.8k.As soon as the Innova comes out of the service,I'll get the tyres changed to Yokohama Earth 1 stock size as the present tyres are at the end of its life and my service guy had suggested me to replace it ASAP and these tyres cost me around Rs.25k.

And,dad is willing to sell off the Innova as he wants to go for new Tata Harrier or Creta or Innova Crysta and due to increasing maintenance costs,dad doesn't want to keep the Innova anymore.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #96
Finally,gave the Innova for 1,20,000 Kms service at 1,24,300 Kms.I know its late but due to gram Panchayat elections and other commitments,had to give the car today.Got the bill around Rs.27k and replaced brake pads along with driver side ORVM,which costed me around Rs.8k.As soon as the Innova comes out of the service,I'll get the tyres changed to Yokohama Earth 1 stock size as the present tyres are at the end of its life and my service guy had suggested me to replace it ASAP and these tyres cost me around Rs.25k.

And,dad is willing to sell off the Innova as he wants to go for new Tata Harrier or Creta or Innova Crysta and due to increasing maintenance costs,dad doesn't want to keep the Innova anymore.
Got the bill of Rs.33k along with change of brake pads,steering tie rods and driver side new ORVM.Now,he has run nearly 1,25,000 Kms(donno the exact odo),with two back to back highway trips,which happened last week after service.Now,next expense is to get new tyres by this week and some other works which I will reveal it soon.

Thread Starter #97
Got tyres changed to Yokohama Earth-1 205/65R15 yesterday and got my Innova's glasses tinted as summer has started bit early in Hyderabad.Yokos costed me Rs.23400 including WA/WB and valves while tints costed me Rs.4000 and changed the mud flaps too as I had lost one mud flap few months ago.

And,odo completed 1,26,000 Kms today with an highway run on new tyres today.

Thread Starter #98
Innova has run 129700 Kms and nearing to 1,30,000 Kms soon and ran nearly 4000 Kms in nearly 40 days since tyre change and got Fastag too as we do highway runs a lot every week.

My dad did around 600 Kms within 3 days that too on highways this week.But we have no intentions to sell this off because we had spent ₹70k to rejuvenate the car and recently changed the front windshield too,which got cracked and got it done through insurance.

Thread Starter #100
Now,Innova has run more than 1.35L Kms and doing more highway runs every week.Recently,my driver was saying that clutch has become hard saar and need to replace it soon.

Thread Starter #101
Updating after a month.Innova has run 1.38L Kms(1,37,800 Kms) and all set to do highway run of around 1000-1500 Kms,which will be taken by my aunt.Firstly,need to get the car serviced and replace the clutch as it became hard.Apart from that,no issues with the Innova and Innova is going to complete 3 years with us next week.Did more than 60000 Kms in 3 years and in last 1 year,we did close to 30000 Kms i.e around 28000 Kms as we are doing lots of highway runs for twice or thrice a week.The car might see less run for 15 days as my mom is going to Switzerland and dad would use Honda City as it is fuel efficient.

Thread Starter #102
Innova has run 146000 Kms and has run more than 3000 Kms last month i.e 3500 Kms as my mom along with my paternal aunt,my cousin(who got married few days ago)along with her in-laws to Kanchipuram for sarees shopping,in which our Innova did 1300 Kms round trip in a day.This is the highest we have ever done with our Innova for the first time after 3 years of its purchase and second one as my cousin had taken our Innova to Rajahmundry in July this year and did 1000 Kms.And,October was the busiest month as my cousin’s marriage had happened and Innova has been used so much.Before they left Kanchipuram,the odo was around 142500 Kms but today,the odo reading is 146000 Kms.

Here are the pics of Innova,which are taken after long time along with a challan,which happened at Andhra Pradesh and remaining with my cousin’s pre-worshipped 2015 Innova VX,which he bought for ₹14L and run 54000 Kms during purchase and this is the second Innova for him as he lost the first one in an accident.I was the one who saw this car in OLX and influenced him to buy this particular car and mine had served as marriage vehicle too.

Attachments

Thread Starter #103
Recent shots of my Innova,which was shot from my iPhone XS and last two were taken during Ayudha Puja.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #104
Now,the Innova has run 1.5L Kms and still running strong.Recently,got new seat covers along with new doorpads and steering cover for our Innova and costed around Rs.14000 and did many highway runs in last month.We did around 4000 Kms since last update and my dad's daily run is around 100-150 Kms a day within the city or ORR limits.

Replacement for our Innova will be another Innova only.But,retaining the present one too as it will be used as my daily ride.But telling my dad to go for AT version as he can also drive the car rarely.

By next week,will be giving our Innova for 1.5L Kms service.Will post the pics of interiors of the Innova soon with new seat covers.

Top Bottom