Green Cotton or K&N

So, Which Mods we can do to increase kmpl and Hp too ?
A properly designed air intake revision to start with. What K&N and Green does is throw some bits together, which they have on the shelf and throw it on the market. This is not performance tuning.

A correctly calculated performance exhaust system and a dedicated re-map would be the next step.

If the budget goes further then head modifications when done correctly will add either benefit too.

How about Cosworth stock filters? I have used it on my wagon R and experienced a significant improvement in engine response while AC is on. Its a dry type and no oiling required. So easy to clean and put it back.

Why are we not considering Cosworth filter? Is it not up to the mark?
I have not used K&N or Green cotton filters, so cannot be compared to those.

How about Cosworth stock filters? I have used it on my wagon R and experienced a significant improvement in engine response while AC is on. Its a dry type and no oiling required. So easy to clean and put it back.

Why are we not considering Cosworth filter? Is it not up to the mark?
I have not used K&N or Green cotton filters, so cannot be compared to those.
You only can compare a new stock filter to a new Cosworth filter or any other new filter. Any new filter is better than a used filter.

If you jusrt change the filter and you see a considerable improvement then the used filter is rather clogged up.

A dramatic improvement can only be made if the whole air intake is revised.

AnantG

Suspended
I have had K&N filters before on my cars and have one at the mo on my 520d not sure on Green Cotton never had or know any person have one. They must be close in how they work it may just depend on price for you. I am brand loyal and will always have K&N they have done me well.

The most important question is do you wanna replace your stock with the performance filter or simple K&N filter. A performance filter like a conical one surely gives you the boost.
I am using Cosworth performance filter in my I10 for last one year and not to mention its awesome.

Friends,

I have checked these filters(k&N,green) fitted on few of friends cars, believe all of them have fitted with initial enthusiasm but just after using six months, there were not happy with them and returned back to the stock filters.

As per the chat with one of the senior service guy at Maruti, he said to stick with the stock one as they are perfect match to the engine performance and in case one is clogged completely then just replace with a new stock model, that's it[:)]

The link I posted actually tests these filters, so that is a good way to judge the filtration.The only benefit I have seen with K&N(stock replacement) is during the rain.

Top Bottom