GPS with Parking Camera

Thread Starter #1
Planning to install one GPS cum Parking Camera .

Which one will be the best ?

Which is the best place for its placement , on top of dash board or on windshield ?

Can any one tell me which one is better parking camera or parking sensor ?

Niladri

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Planning to install one GPS cum Parking Camera .
Which one will be the best ?
Some MMI (MapMyIndia) devices support reverse parking camera. You would have to get the camera separately.

Which is the best place for its placement , on top of dash board or on windshield
Personally I prefer windscreen mount. You can also place it on dashboard to be on a safer side.

Can any one tell me which one is better parking camera or parking sensor ?
Depends on the car in question. For a regular mid size sedan, I think sensors are more than enough.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes but it’s a personal preference. I would suggest to check any similar car equipped with sensors to find out if you feel comfortable enough with it.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Sir in real life usage which you think is more effective the camera or sensors ?

Sir in real life usage which you think is more effective the camera or sensors ?
Parking sensors are more than enough, it covers wide area. Where as camera has a limited coverage, coz it fits in center of the rear bumper.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Personally I feel sensors are usually sufficient. The bottom-line, however, is that one should not just depend on these gadgets alone.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Personally I feel sensors are usually sufficient. The bottom-line, however, is that one should not just depend on these gadgets alone.

Drive Safe,
350Z
+1 I've heard of many experience where people have banged their car in pole as sensors failed to detect some pole. Mirrors + sensors I think is more than sufficient

Dear All. I bought MapMyIndia GPS-cum-Reverse parking system for about Rs. 14,500.00 + camera cost. Recently I spent Rs. 1600.00 on Reverse sensors for better reverse parking experience. I have Galaxy Note, Galaxy Tablets etc. with GPS, but what I feel a dedicated GPS system is far better. Sometimes sensors alone may not be sufficient. Kindly see the pics of this GPS system in my thread in Ownership Review of Verito (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ws/8969-mahindra-verito-ownership-review.html.)

Hi all,

I have booked a Tata Vista D90. I would like to have reverse parking camera since the car is already equipped with a 7" screen. The sales person said, its not possible to have the camera connected to this "touch" screen. Please let me know if that is right.

Top Bottom