GPS Tracking Device For Cars

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
I am in the process to finalizing a GPS based vehicle tracking device to be installed in my car. I have contacted few dealers cum facility providers in last 2-3 weeks. They are quoting some Rs. 14000/- including one year membership or SIM card cost to be very precise.

Entire package is somewhat like this;

Device cost (Basic) Rs.8500/-
Installation Rs. 300/-
VAT / Sale Tax Rs. 425/-
Total Rs. 9225/-

SIM card(one year membership) Rs. 400 X 12 = Rs.4800/-
Service Tax Rs. 494/-
Total Rs. 5294/-

Grand Total Rs. 13794/-

How do you see this deal ?

Is it really worth trying something or should I try some more companies as to get a better deal ?

Re: GPS Tracking device for the cars.

If you have money to spend then why not. If I have i will definitely go for it. Does the sim sends updates at regular interval or is it poll based?

Depends upon the service provider and coverage area. If the car is taken out of the service providers coverage area, then what???

There is one called Tcop in Bangalore. the problem is the sim is Vodophone's.

But the concept is very good.

There is one Tcop in bangalore. the problem is that they provide you with Vodophone sim. So no sms if the car if outside the coverage area.

In all, a very good concept. Free installation.

Website Car Security on mobile Tcop

Attachments

Thread Starter #5

If you have money to spend then why not. If I have i will definitely go for it. Does the sim sends updates at regular interval or is it poll based?
Regarding the updates, there are two ways to work upon. Either you would get an sms from the system hourly basis or you can generate an adhoc sms by sending a request on some mobile number and an automatic sms would come in while.

Regarding outside coverage area or no signal area (basement etc.) you would get last location update till the time vehicle enters the network zone and movement she will enter, you would again get the update.

If you go for an advance or higher model, you can virtually stop your car at the middle of the road. But that is not advisable as it would give hints to the thieves and they might look for it. Else it will be left unnoticed and you may get your hands on your car in no time [:)]. Although, my reason for installation of such device is something else.

I personally think, it should be a must feature and car companies should offer it by default by charging nominal charges for the hardware and installation. Later, individual can pay for the sim card like we do for our mobiles.

350Z

Core Team

Hi,
I am in the process to finalizing a GPS based vehicle tracking device to be installed in my car. I have contacted few dealers cum facility providers in last 2-3 weeks. They are quoting some Rs. 14000/- including one year membership or SIM card cost to be very precise.
These prices are for which brand? You should also take a look at MicroVBB which raj_5004 installed earlier on his Scorpio: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...1676-review-microvbb-black-box.html#post32340

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #7

These prices are for which brand? You should also take a look at MicroVBB which raj_5004 installed earlier on his Scorpio: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...1676-review-microvbb-black-box.html#post32340

Drive Safe,
350Z
I would surely look in to it. But these quotes are from two different brands;

1. Track N Tell
  2. Nuclues Micro System
I am unable to take a call. Would share more details and detailed feature they are offering by tomorrow.

GPS( Global positioning system) Trackers

hi all
due to increasing theft of cars i was wondering to install a gps tracker. Has anyone got it? any suggestions like brand features essential or anything that comes important in your mind.

I searched for it and found hundreds of them but the one only i thought was vfm and trusted was
the autocop trackpro t2000
device cost rs6600 with free installation and 1st year free service after that 1400 per year.

USP: android app available for each model of device unit.![clap]

comments with guideance please[:D]

350Z

Core Team
Re: GPS( Global positioning system) Trackers

hi all due to increasing theft of cars i was wondering to install a gps tracker. Has anyone got it? any suggestions like brand features essential or anything that comes important in your mind.
Primarily, there are following types of GPS tracking devices available in the market:

> GSM Based: You get information based on cellphone network operator.

> GPS Based: This is directly connected to satellite via service provider datacenter and a precise location can be viewed online on maps.

> GSM + GPS Based: This is a combination of both and offers best of both the worlds. Some devices also have options to remotely control the car through SMS command.

I searched for it and found hundreds of them but the one only i thought was vfm and trusted was the autocop trackpro t2000
If I’m not mistaken, Map My India also offers a tracking device. Please check their website for exact details. MicroVBB is another option among well-known brands.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom