Got WHITE Nokia E-63 for myself!

Thread Starter #1
Okey guys got this new cell yesterday so thought to share with you all.

Well earlier I was using a Sony Ericsson W700i from past four years. Its joy stick is in its own dream sometimes works and sometimes does not. Serviced it n number of times yet the problem was not solved. Need to change the joystick but the mechanic(My uncle’s shopwalla mechanic) insisted not to do so because there are no original sony joysticks available in the market. The available ones are not durable. So started planting bombs to my parents to buy me a new cell since past five months. More over from past 10-15 days the cell turns dead without doing anything in the standby mode. Atlast the frequency of its faintness increased day by day and got fedup of this.
Atlast last week my TYBMM’s result were out, and to my family’s surprise I was able to score a distinction. So atlast compleated my graduation with a distinction. So this was the right time to plant the bomb again. Demanded for a new cell as a gift. (Papa pappu pass ho gaya...Ek naya mobile to banta hai..[:D])

After many struggles dad was ready to buy me a new cell but in a descent range(8-12k). Personally I wanted the N-97 but saw the price and kept quiet. Searched the net and found these E series impresive. Now again wanted E-72, which was ~17.5k. (According to me, I felt that too was much to ask form the family where the breadearner is only 1 for the total of 5) So came down to E-71 and E63. E71 was ~13.5-14k and E-63 was ~9k!

Started comparing these two on net and found minor differences like:

Differences between the budget E63 and the high-end E71:

NO GPS on the E63.(Dont need for now)

The E63 has a 3.5mm jack on top versus the E71’s 2.5mm jack on the side. plus points to the E63 for this one.(Thats good!)

No side buttons for volume or voice recording.(Okey will manage.)

No Infra Red.(Dont even need it!)

The E63 has a ‘/’ button on the lower row, and hence shorter the space bar.(Good!)

The E63 does not support HSDPA data.(Chalega!)

The E63 comes without an additional memory card (although a slot to add one is present).

No Usb cords or Software CD and no faux-leather slip case. (But I got it in the box)

The E63 has a 2MP camera as compared to the E71’s 3.2MP auto focus.(Again recently bought Sony Cyber shot W360 with 14.1MP)

The E63 has a flashlight function that allows the camera’s LED flash to be used as a torch.(Thats usefull)

Features still present in the E63:

WiFi

3G (there had been some rumours this was 2G only)

Microsoft Exchange sync via MailForExchange

Expandable memory (Upto 8GB)

Fast operation and stable S60 3rd Edition FP1 OS

Pre-installed QuickOffice

E-series security and encryption functions

Huge 1500mAh battery

So finalised with E-63 for now. Will buy more high end cells of my choice once I start earning! (Khud kamao aaur khud udao!) Now confused with the colours. (RED, BLACK, BLUE were known to me) Saw all three live RED- my cousin has(Finalized this one), BLACK and BLUE (saw with my friends and neighbours)

I was more inclined towards N-97 like white colour but didnt knew that was it available in E-63??? So my uncle called his dealer friends and started gettin quotes for the same. All differ right from 8950-9350. On enquiring about the colours two of them said ‘WHITE’ and my uncle ordered for RED. On hearing the word WHITE I told them to cancle the oreder. Was happy that white was also available, so again sat on net and checked but no proper pics. Only front pics were there. So was confused if it was plane white or the shining ones which is in N-97. Again enquired but no results because it was newly introduced colour for E-63. So thought to play the gamble with the colour! Gave the order for WHITE colour to one of the dealer and he told that he can arrange in few hours. So the countdown begins. Gave the ored at around 11:30in the morning and got a call at 2:30 afternoon “SIR PEICE READY HAI, AAKE KE COLLECT KAR LO!!” So zooomed to the shop in Andheri 'T-10' and got it for 9050/-

Opened the pack and yes, it was the same colour!!![clap] Was looking awesom. Made the billing cancled the balance from the account!(My uncle has an account there. He is the Distributor of Sony gaming consoled PS2, PS3,PSP, Xbox, Wii and their softwares; and Media TV games.)

At home:

Younger brother liked it very much!
Grand ma didnt knew any thing about it but she said the colour is good!
Mom seriously didnt liked the colour much! She liked the RED colour more which was on the box.[cry]
Dad also liked the shade of this white and was happy that the bomb was not much as the E-71(which I was planning to go for before the comparison!).
In all, the family was happy and I was also happy!

Cons I found in the peice:

No side buttons in the exterior for volume.
Less ring tone volume.
Bad quality of sound in headfones (Earlier sony was kick ass!)
There should be side button for keypad unlock (just a suggestion for Nokia!)

Your comments are also welcomed and as usual let the pics also do some talking!

tried to upload the pics but it says:Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Gears, Congratulations on getting your new phone. Regarding the pictures, I guess they'll be too big in size as well as dimensions. So please re-size them and try to upload again. Else you can use an external image hosting facility such as Imageshack.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Gears, Congratulations on getting your new phone. Regarding the pictures, I guess they'll be too big in size as well as dimensions. So please re-size them and try to upload again. Else you can use an external image hosting facility such as Imageshack.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks 350Z! I will try to do so![thumbsup]

congrats on the phone. I was going to get one but later decided against after my iPhone got repaired. But one advice- dont store above 1-2 GB worth of data. It will lag a lot.

Though am not a huge fan of those E and N-series i like it for its looks! The reason why i don like is what Archit mentioned! So have been sticking to Xpressmusic mobiles from Nokia for the past 3 years.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks 'Tyre-R', good that your cell got repaired, but my case was different as the mechanics and the other users said! The joystick once replaced would give problems again. So no joysticks this time.
Well I was thinking to buy a 4 or 8GB for this one but as you said and many of my friends said that more the data, more the peice will hang! So dropped the idea and will continue using with the 1GB which I got in the pack!

Thanks 'cooldhaya', express musics are also good ones!

So here are the pics of my PEARL WHITE Nokia E63, which were not uploading before!

Attachments

Wow! Congratulations on the new phone gearsdeep! It looks fantastic in white! Somehow I find it difficult to operate phones with QWERTY keypads ( I am too lazy to learn-LOL! [lol])

BTW, let me tell you that T-10 in Andheri is the very place from where I had bought my first phone in July 2006 [:)]

i am seeing E63 in white for first time even hearing for first time.
From what I knew, only blue, black and red were on offer. THis just beats them all.

Thread Starter #12
Looking good but white color needs even more careful maintenance , even small scratches can be seen.
Yes cooldhaya, I will take full maintenance for it! White is the colour for maintenance much more than purity![evil]

get it laminated. its as simple as that.
Hmm thats a good idea sriharsha, but as of now I am keeping it in the plastic zip cover to save it from rains!

Wow! Congratulations on the new phone gearsdeep! It looks fantastic in white! Somehow I find it difficult to operate phones with QWERTY keypads ( I am too lazy to learn-LOL! )

BTW, let me tell you that T-10 in Andheri is the very place from where I had bought my first phone in July 2006
Thanks amaan, I wanted a QWERTY only, so got this one. Its easy once you use it! And yes T-10 is an excellent shop I must say. If you went there in 2006, go now again and see the stock in that shop. Each and every model you will get there. Amazing!

Hey buddy don't laminate phones as it heatens up.
Yes mukeshus, I know it heatens up but once you do the lamination, switch off the phone and after lamination, switch on the phone only once it is cooled! No problems after that.

i am seeing E63 in white for first time even hearing for first time.
From what I knew, only blue, black and red were on offer. THis just beats them all.
Yes type-r, during the time of order placement, I was aware of these three colours only and was about to take the read one, but as soon as I heared WHITE, I changed my mind. I chose white for the following reasons:

Firstly, Ever since I saw white N97, I was mad about that colour. This is the same PEARL WHITE that comes in N97![surprise]
Secondly, White was the latest colour for E63. So once holded in hand people might be amased to see this one as the other colours were common!
Thirdly, White coloured E63 looks rich when holded in hand!(according to me, atleast I feel so!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom