Got Tata Sierra - Turbo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #302
The diesel pump had minor leaks , due to the O ring ages. hence need to remove them. since we have removed ( tedious work) i went ahead with the service of diesel pump.
the major cost to service diesel pump was 7150/- at the authorized tvs diesel pump service . Now the pickup of the vehicle has increased much.

The so called body roll was due to the bend in the rim. [frustration]

went to Bangalore recently and went to our competitor machine ( hunter - road force balancer) . the speaciality of this machine is it not only balances . it applies the real road force on the wheel and also finds the % of worn out ( read bend / distortion) in a wheel and advice to fix the wheel in position so that the pull is minimum and the car goes straight like an arrow.

i was impressed and happy after the outcome. ( my senior in this company works there now ) i went with him and he explained other features too.

recent trips :
Bangalore and kolli hills back to back.
FE , approx 12.8 kmpl with ac.

some recent pictures .
the spares that were worth 7150\- [evil]

Attachments

7150 bucks to overhaul diesel pump!!?? Wow!!

I had heard of this Hunter equipment but somehow never got a chance to check one out personally.

Nice pics. Matching clothes as well:biggrin:.

Any idea whats been your total expenditure on the Sierra so far?

Thread Starter #304
7150 bucks to overhaul diesel pump!!?? Wow!!

I had heard of this Hunter equipment but somehow never got a chance to check one out personally.

Nice pics. Matching clothes as well:biggrin:.

Any idea whats been your total expenditure on the Sierra so far?

Do not remind about the cost that i have spent .[evil]

roughly...
car 1.25 Lac
tyres 25k
battery 5k
paints 25k
painter labour 12k'
tinker 10k
rubber beeding , plastic parts etc ( one single shopping ) 9k
liner work 18k
electrical work after painting 4k.
rear roof blower + ac labour 15k

and many more like alternator , belts , timing , diesel pump service , rear shocks and what not [cry]

Hi Ilango never total up the money spent on your car you will not enjoy using / driving the car. I have experienced the same.

But any way your Sierra just looks as good as new ! Can you post some interior pic's I could see some new mods on the interior.

Ilango, hats off to you for transforming your ride into a lovable beast. About the numbers, I bet thats money well spent. Though your better half (for married folks) might disagree on this.

Its been long since you posted pics of your car especially the interior shots. Do post them soon. Happy mile crunching.

Thread Starter #307
Hi Ilango never total up the money spent on your car you will not enjoy using / driving the car. I have experienced the same.

But any way your Sierra just looks as good as new ! Can you post some interior pic's I could see some new mods on the interior.
yep , the car is daily drive[evil]

Ilango, hats off to you for transforming your ride into a lovable beast. About the numbers, I bet thats money well spent. Though your better half (for married folks) might disagree on this.

Its been long since you posted pics of your car especially the interior shots. Do post them soon. Happy mile crunching.
Will click some interior pictures and post them.

the interior is nothing but a "ply wood ' top as said in local term.
i hve generous amount of window = generous amount of heat.

At least the ply wood top will reduce some from the top[surprise]

And today for the first time the car didnt start in morning. Everything seems fine and the crank just went on and on and on. the engine didnt come to life.

after about 30 min , when my mechanic came , in first crank , the car started.
Suspected the diesel flow has got air , ( old symptom and i have worked on that by replacing the worn out lift pump ( 650/-) ) , i have now replaced the small diesel hose from lift pump to diesel pump. the old one was hard and tough.

Have to wait till tomorrow morning. Hope she gets started.

Thread Starter #308
An update after a long gap.

The problem in starting was diagnosed to faulty setting in fork of the starter motor which was not giving enough torque to flywheel when started.
Just a minor adjustment , it started with roar in the first crank and still continues till today.

Now the front shock needs a change , it squeaks a bit.

Had about some quick drive for 2 day to chennai and salem and driving was a pure bliss [clap]

Had put up an ad in OLX with asking price just 1.55L , but dont know why.. In 2 minds , should i remove them?[frustration]

I dont want to part from this sierra , but everyone else in family wants a more Fuel efficient one like Figo/classic/manza/vista

confused !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom