Got Home My New Fluidic Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi

Thread Starter #106
First of all congratulation Monil for the lovely car. Even I am seriously considering New Verna Fluidic. I am driving Swift Vxi for last 5 year and from last couple of months is looking for an upgrade. Me and dad was all ready to book Honda Jazz but seeing the steep rise in petrol this week my dad is considering Verna now. I have few questions for you.

Me with my dad and cousin took the TD for Verna when it was launched the car was diesel SX and brand new one the odo showed 100 km. First my elder brother who owns i20 drove the car and was quite impressed with the pick up, quite engine and handling of the car but he never took the car above 80 km/hr. When I drove I wasn't that impressed, for me the biggest disappointment was the handling of the car, once the car goes past 120 km it seems like the car is floating and there is no feedback from the steering . Even the suspension was way too soft and my dad and brother did complain of the bumpy feel in the rear seat when I was driving the car at 100 km/hr speed. So how you finding the suspension and handling of the car is it something which should be a deal breaker cause I myself is crazy about Verna looks and feature. Lastly is it worth spending extra 60k for SX for just the alloys and reverse camera cause I am not that bigger fan of folding rvm I can do without them and did you ask the Hyundai guys what will be the cost of original Verna alloys.
Hi Amit,

I shared my thoughts on other concerns in earlier reply.. missed this one then. [surprise]

I find suspension fairly ok as most of my usage is within city limits and where and how often, in Mumbai we get a chance to touch speed of 100 kms +... [frustration] And with car fully loaded, we didn't face any problems so far. Don't know if my tyre upgrade has anything to do with that.

well every car company below the 18lakh range give standard tires an upgrade always bring the best handling which depends on the company and tire you choose.
when i went for a test drive i ripped the car on palm beach road here in new bombay(had to beg them for a proper test drive) the car was stable till 110 and the curves at above gave feedbacks but not what you would expect from a ford or a honda or vento. Up sizing gives a bit more feedback and in mumbai with the traffic and the way people drive a light steering with a good suspension is what we need the most.
this is my opinion based on how i drive (not the guy to go above 130 on indian roads as you never know when a cow may cross or a pothole may be found) please test drive other cars and decide

normally every one is going in for the 1.6 variants as the 1.4 is bare lacks the very very useful abs as well as rear disk breaks and also driver side air bags and auto climate control ac. i don't think the 1.4 is stopped however i will inquire with my dealer. I guess 1.6 would have been a better choice (just my advice)
Yes, I understand that, but in my opinion isn't my choice of going for 1.4 CRDi good ? Keeping in mind I have max. budget of 8 lacs. Or I MUST go for 1.6 at any cost ? Vento's base model is too basic and has no goodies, so I am left with no choice. [confused]

And they drive Renault Logan at the moment, so even 1.4 CDRi will be good enough for them [roll]

Last edited by a moderator:
well in diesel a 1.4 has 90 ps power while 1.6 has 128 ps power. major difference right?
its almost a lakh difference in that youve got a turbo charged engine which is what vernas famous for, an airbag for driver, abs with ebd very very useful for safety, rear disc brakes, get a good interior look parking sensors bluetooth and steering controls auto ac, height adjustable seats belts front armrest height adjusting drivers seat.
all these in 81 k difference(ex-showroom) if there is strict budget constraints and these features are really not needed then buy the 1.4 crdi that is good to

well in diesel a 1.4 has 90 ps power while 1.6 has 128 ps power. major difference right?
its almost a lakh difference in that youve got a turbo charged engine which is what vernas famous for, an airbag for driver, abs with ebd very very useful for safety, rear disc brakes, get a good interior look parking sensors bluetooth and steering controls auto ac, height adjustable seats belts front armrest height adjusting drivers seat.
all these in 81 k difference(ex-showroom) if there is strict budget constraints and these features are really not needed then buy the 1.4 crdi that is good to
i heard that hyundai stopped booking verna because it shakes too much above 130kmph because of its soft suspension. Is that the true reason?
and if so will they provide some solution?
Is it possible to adjust suspension on harder side?
anybody asked hyundai about it?

sorry for bunch of questions...

yes i believe they can and if what you say is true then they may have a recall. my car just left chennai this evening dealer said the car was mfgd yesterday hope mine is corrected

thanks for the differences, I think 1.6 is a better choice. 1.4 will have bad resale value too i think. I will talk to dealer tomorrow. Like I booked 1.4 CRDi, one month ago, at that time they said it will take 2.5-3 months, and estimated time for 1.4 and 1.6 was same i.e. 3 months (5-6 months for SX models). Now after 1 month can I change my booked model to 1.6 CRDi ? If so, will it take 2 more months or new booking that will take 3 another more months. Lets see what dealer says [sleep]

i dnt think the wait will increase as u may be on wait list, when your turn comes the dealer places an order on the dealer management system and your car is manufactured if not in stock and then invoiced and shipped takes a week -10 days from placing the order. good luck with this

350Z

Core Team
thanks for the differences, I think 1.6 is a better choice. 1.4 will have bad resale value too i think. I will talk to dealer tomorrow. Like I booked 1.4 CRDi, one month ago, at that time they said it will take 2.5-3 months, and estimated time for 1.4 and 1.6 was same i.e. 3 months (5-6 months for SX models). Now after 1 month can I change my booked model to 1.6 CRDi ? If so, will it take 2 more months or new booking that will take 3 another more months. Lets see what dealer says [sleep]
I think you were searching for the interior picture of Hyundai Verna 1.4. Nick has posted it here, please check out: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-hyundai-verna-fluidic-sx-o-experience-5.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #115
Hi Friends

Was not active on my ownership review since sometime but now i feel its the right time to share my experience till now.

My car has done about 1300 kms till now. (1st service booked for Wednesday 5th October). As i updated earlier, i changed stock tires and alloys earlier. Haven't added any more after market fittings except floor matts and Llumar films.

I feel ride has been really smooth ever since. Car drives as smoothly as ever, even at high speeds. in spite of being a diesel, its unbelievably silent. initially it took me some time to get used to it and adjusting to changing gear ratios for optimum output. my first full tank returned average of 9.4 km/ltr, after using it for around 500 kms +, and now average has improved to 12.5 kms/ltr in city driving conditions. I am fairly satisfied with it at this point. My dad drove it to Pune on Sunday and he got average of 19.6 kms/ltr, surely excited with that. Drive was really impressive and super smooth. He came back smiling and was overwhelmed by the praises from his friends. Seats are spacious at rear on long run and 3 adults were comfortable enough throughout the journey.

I am really happy with the sound quality of stock speakers and system. Plays well, integration with iPod/iphone is seamless. (thanks to Hyundai for supplying connecting cables along with. Really appreciated. though small thing but nice touch.) CD/Mp3 output flawless and USB works amazing well too. Best amongst all additional feature is, Using a bluetooth facility. It's by far easy to use and really convenient. And off course remote control, its cool. haven't used it tough as i myself is driving most of the time and steering mounted controls are a blessing.

Got myself a tire cleaner recently and that works well. looking at shiny tires before getting in, surely adds lot of smile on my face. however, i was suggested to avoid using any cleaner for alloys (by the guy from whom i bought my tires/alloys). He insisted on cleaning it with wet cloth for proper shine. However, i used soft tissues to avoid any scratches on the same and its looking as beautiful as ever.

I am bit disappointed with the stock Horn, its really flat and doesn't have that edge but thought of removing bumper stopped me of changing it currently. I don't know for how long but i will surely needs a change of horn soon. Not too much of a problem in city driving but for highway use, i will prefer a better one. Waiting for the right time.

Only hitch i found while driving in low gear is, while i am in 2nd gear and need to slow down a bit (not to the extent of shifting it back in 1st gear) and then if i release the clutch, car shoots of so fast due to high RPM in low gears, that it feels like access power going in and requires frequent clutch pressing and braking. And since i am using it in a peak traffic of mumbai, i tend to be in low gears most of the time, hence finding it a bit annoying at times.

Another issue is the lack of visibility due to high boot design, but reverse parking sensors are good enough to help on the same. But i am not sure to what extent it will be useful for a low mounted hurdles like footpath barrier etc. Haven't faced any issue so far but it's always in my mind while parking on road side.

Overall, its been a great and exciting so far and hoping for the same in the long run too. Will share some more pictures shortly.

problem with Fluidic Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi

[frustration]

hi guys,
This is sm idiotic problem . Had parked Fluidic at home and was out of station for a week.No one at home had used it during that time. when i came back i noticed my car documents in the dashboard to be "eaten" by dnt know what!!. looks like a RAT!!!.
help, [confused][confused]
searched a lot didnt find anything.
am worried a lot. dont know what else is gonna be bitten.
have attached sm pics.
do i take it to service now. has done 7500km.
plz helppppppp

Attachments

Re: problem with Fluidic Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi

[frustration]

hi guys,
This is sm idiotic problem . Had parked Fluidic at home and was out of station for a week.No one at home had used it during that time. when i came back i noticed my car documents in the dashboard to be "eaten" by dnt know what!!. looks like a RAT!!!.
help, [confused][confused]
searched a lot didnt find anything.
am worried a lot. dont know what else is gonna be bitten.
have attached sm pics.
do i take it to service now. has done 7500km.
plz helppppppp
oh , thts very bad but how rat entered into it! ?
Diesel cars need sevice at 5000 km i think...

in the photo your petrol wire just above the engine do not look like bitten. so it's safe yet you should see for any leakage.

what mileage your car is giving in city traffic?

@ Monil Looks like you are happy with the car and that's pretty good FE which you have been getting. Yes i feel the stock horn of fluidic Verna is a bit flat , do upgrade it soon. The engine compartment looks to be the same like my Verna.

And about the car shooting out fast in lower RPM'S , that's the boon of diesel engines , low end torque![:D] You will get used to it as time passes.

Top Bottom