Got Home My New Fluidic Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi

Hi Monil,
Yes, I have booked the SX version and it’s the same color as yours. After lot of persuasion and discussion, the dealer has agreed to arrange for the delivery of the car this month; plan to take it during Navratra. I would be paying him the full amount sometime this week.
Congrats on the new wheels. They look stunning and add stars to the glorified beauty.
Also do share, if you are planning to change your seat covers and what other alterations you plan. I am planning to upgrade the horn and bulbs.

Cheers!
[cheers]

@monil : congras for ur car !!! it's looks great on new Alloy wheel , but can you please clearify that the issue with handling of car ,is it good or bad? we are also taking car within 6-8 months , we are taking Petrol car only , ( we only use car on sat & sunday or weekens only so...) is it possible to change the suspension to good one ? ( sorry for my ENGLISH)

Hi,
as for as handling goes it is on par with other sedans. i have reached 170kmph n it didnt wink a bit.
the steering automatically gets "tight" above 100kmph. so there is no need to worry
i found the suspension to b great esp for our roads.
wt i found was that u dont get the "feedback" from the car while driving at high speeds, like even at 140kmph the engine is so quiet( for a diesel) soft suspension , no vibrations felt at all.
when there is only 1 person in the car , there is no problem with it
but when it is fully loaded( 5 ppl) def it kisses most of the humps on the road which is very annoying.
mine is 1.6 CRDI
gives 20kmpl with A/C on on highway.
the best mileage is obtained in 6th gear and at speed of 90kmph.
in city i get 15-16kmpl.
if ur buying 1 go for "white" colour and get 3M "tinted" glass.
it greatly enhances the look.
i more thing" def beats any car when the traffic signal goes green"

@dradarsh83 : thanks for reply me ,
"as for as handling goes it is on par with other sedans" , most people say that in terms of handling no sedan can beat the linea t jet ( 10lakhs)( stiffer suspention and streering is also hyudralic not EPS)
anways , but other user's complains that suspention for diesel is manageble , but for petrol car not at all good when car is in high speed and steering feedback is not good at high speed , we are just 3 people family ( me , my dad n mom) .
( now with our Zen(petrol) can easily great handle upto 100 kmph , but after that steering is very light )

Last edited:
Thread Starter #51
Hi Monil,
Yes, I have booked the SX version and it’s the same color as yours. After lot of persuasion and discussion, the dealer has agreed to arrange for the delivery of the car this month; plan to take it during Navratra. I would be paying him the full amount sometime this week.
Congrats on the new wheels. They look stunning and add stars to the glorified beauty.
Also do share, if you are planning to change your seat covers and what other alterations you plan. I am planning to upgrade the horn and bulbs.

Cheers!
[cheers]
Hi.. good to know that you will be getting your car soon. [cheers]
i am glad you liked the wheels. Thanks.

I am not planning to change seat covers at this point. It will surely need good maintainance as its light color, dirt spots are fairly visible.

I have put in rubber mating (2 layers) - bottom part being transperent (made to fit size specification of new Verna and includes trunk piece as well) and on top of that beige color regular - Rs. 2,200/- for both.

Have got Lumar film put up yesterday.

Was thinking of additional horn (Hella - Black series or Skoda horn - Trumpet sound) but to have it fixed at a right location, bumper needs to be removed and i was not so comfortable with that option on a 10 days new car. [;)] Will still check at some other places if it can be done without disturbing original fittings, wouldn't mind doing that.

I tried changing bulbs in my i20 but it was not upto my expectation. So not going for it now in Verna. Do keep me posted about yours, if u change it ever.

Cheers.
Monil.

Hi everyone,i m also a proud owner of 1.6crdi sx white fluidic verna. Have done 3800 kms. No problem at all. Great car i must say. I m in love with it. Have Upgraded my horn to skoda like and my tyres from 195/55/R16 to 205/50/R16.but there is one issue. I did'nt like the suspension of the car as it is too soft that u can feel evey pothole on the road. I have also done with GLOBAL USA FILM and i have replaced my headlamps with OSRAM 6000k HID KIT.Now i am planning to change its foglamps to H27 HID kit for more brighter light. The steering of the car is very light but i love light steering as it is very easy to drive it in city. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi fluidicSumit,

Congrats on the prized possession. I too am planning similar to your modifications on horn, headlamps and tires. It’s encouraging to hear the feasibility. Do we really have to remove the bumper to get the horn fitted? Can you share your experiences/challenges?
Cheers!

Thread Starter #55
Hi everyone,i m also a proud owner of 1.6crdi sx white fluidic verna. Have done 3800 kms. No problem at all. Great car i must say. I m in love with it. Have Upgraded my horn to skoda like and my tyres from 195/55/R16 to 205/50/R16.but there is one issue. I did'nt like the suspension of the car as it is too soft that u can feel evey pothole on the road. I have also done with GLOBAL USA FILM and i have replaced my headlamps with OSRAM 6000k HID KIT.Now i am planning to change its foglamps to H27 HID kit for more brighter light. The steering of the car is very light but i love light steering as it is very easy to drive it in city. Thanks
Hey Fluidicsumit, Congratulations for your car. Please share your exp in changing horn and lights. Would love to upgrade if feasible. Thanks.
Can you please post some pics f your upgraded tires? Would love to see those. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #56
@monil : congras for ur car !!! it's looks great on new Alloy wheel , but can you please clearify that the issue with handling of car ,is it good or bad? we are also taking car within 6-8 months , we are taking Petrol car only , ( we only use car on sat & sunday or weekens only so...) is it possible to change the suspension to good one ? ( sorry for my ENGLISH)
Hi Amar

I think suspension is fine for my usage. i have not traveled out of town as yet so can't comments on highway experience. And i am sure you can upgrade suspension but pls ensure the source and think if you really need to do that !!

Monil.

no i dont have to face so many challenges. actually the dealer didn't remove the company fitted horn,they just remove the connection and they just remove the black sheet u will see in front , when you will open the bonnet of the car and place the new horn over there and just simply put the connection. the new horn is more safe over here from water. thanks
[:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
the blue lighting sure is awsome. cant wait to get mine dealer promised me by 12th now hes changing his words saying by next week he would give me the allotment [frustration]
@fluidicsumit i plan to upgrade my tyres but to 205/55/16. would this be fine or 205/50/16. Would be amazing if you could upload pictures of the tyres.

Congrats to be the proud fluidic verna owner.

Upside: Best car in its class
Powerful engine, best interiors, good pricing, steering controls, ABS, EBD.
Best VFM
Excellent Hyundai service.

Downside:
Low ground clearance
I took the test drive and the car had 4 passengers including me. While driving the car bottom scratched on a speed breaker and then when I tried the rear seat and the showroom executive drove, it scratched the bottom twice.

Low rear seat
Sitting on the rear, feels as though you are in a pit. The rear passenger can barely see outside the window as the door level comes up to the neck.

I am from Cochin where the roads are not very favorable for a low ground clearance car. To fuel this verna has a soft suspension, which sways on bad roads and makes it more vulnerable to undulations.

Still no car to beat this beauty.
[:D]

Top Bottom