Going with Tata Safari EX – What Colour Should I Choose?

Safari EX - Which colour?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #33
A hahahahahaha that was great one buddy .So finally what you both have decided ?

Off topic - I was never a fan f ford cars ever one ride in new fiesta and figo made me a instant fan of their cars . So since your reference point is figo iam sure forget safari many sedans even won't match the dynamics of figo .
Interestingly, we converged on one topic.
Me: Switches of Figo are better than Safari
Wife: Switches of Safari are worse than WagonR

You can understand the quality of Safari plastics and interiors. Another small story, I tried to adjust the ORVM, and the switch got stuck inside the panel trim. I tried to fix it, and the whole panel came in my hand! Had to call one technician to fix it, and he was a smart one, just slammed the panel hard into the door socket, looked at me, smiled saying "TATA hai Sir, strong hai, kuch nahi hota"[clap]! Guess the mileage(vehicle run till that time) it was showing, just 2546 km!

The colour I like is Cycus Grey, but seeing the waiting time, I may go for Pearl White. Starting tomorrow, new stories will unfold! Why? I am going to book a TATA vehicle, by gong to a TATA dealership, and deal with SBI for loan processing! Almighty, give me a respectable place in my body, to fit a couple of Energizer batteries!

Thread Starter #34
Hi Friends,
I stay in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. I am interested to know about a good Safari accessories shop nearby (Noida, Indirapuram, Vaishali, etc). Basically, I would be going for seat covers, bull bars or nudge guards and rear cameras for parking. Please suggest.

@Cherokee

Hope you have not bought the Safari yet !!

From the forums it looks that Stome will be launched some time in September, hence please re-think on this[:)]

Hi Friends,
I stay in Indirapuram, Ghaziabad. I am interested to know about a good Safari accessories shop nearby (Noida, Indirapuram, Vaishali, etc). Basically, I would be going for seat covers, bull bars or nudge guards and rear cameras for parking. Please suggest.
My suggestion will be to install everything but not the nudge or bull guard as it interferes with the crumple zones of the car .autoform seems to have nice seat cover desgins for safari check them out.
@ Gurralla - he likes the look of current safari more then strome.

Thread Starter #37
@Gurralla, I really appreciate your love for Storme, but I am a huge fan of current look of Safari. It is something to do with the boxy nature of the vehicle. My first car was WagonR (2005), then Figo(2010), both having some distinctive body lines.

@Raja, Do you mean Autoform, Autoform India, Car Accessories, Car Accessory, Quality Car Covers, Quality Car Seat Covers, Car Upholstery, Designer Car Covers, Designer Covers, No.1 Seat Cover Manufacturer in INDIA
Also, does anyone has PDI checklist for Safari (I hope its not a long one) :)

@Gurralla, I really appreciate your love for Storme, but I am a huge fan of current look of Safari. It is something to do with the boxy nature of the vehicle. My first car was WagonR (2005), then Figo(2010), both having some distinctive body lines.
I agree with you 100% even I am in love with current Safari than Storm. But after reading a lot about Storm, I felt you could go with their latest one[:)]

I too like the boxy things like Wagon R, though I did not own one, but I own Ritz for similar reasons like this[clap]

@Raja, Do you mean Autoform, Autoform India, Car Accessories, Car Accessory, Quality Car Covers, Quality Car Seat Covers, Car Upholstery, Designer Car Covers, Designer Covers, No.1 Seat Cover Manufacturer in INDIA
Also, does anyone has PDI checklist for Safari (I hope its not a long one) :)
We do have PDI list here on the forum but not sure if there is one special for safari . Sam dinkar, Mastersquall , mercisied are some safari veterans they can guide you in detail about safari PDI kindly pm them .

some points to check the tyres with regards to their manufacture dates, panel gaps, the paint quality, uneven abrasiveness in the paint surface.

not to forget the VIN number.

any minor squeaks, rattles, the steering alighnment veering to the left is a common flaws among many new vehicles, more so if opted for alloys since the replacement of the rims need alignment of your tyres again.

the interiors, the seat plastics, the dashboard scratches, the speedometer cable if it is unplugged in the yard etc.

these are some i can remember.

Thread Starter #41
not to forget the VIN number.
the interiors, the seat plastics, the dashboard scratches, the speedometer cable if it is unplugged in the yard etc.

these are some i can remember.
Thanks @Superbad! Do we have VIN decoder for TATA vehicles?
Speedometer being unplugged is a common practice, or malpractice to hide the actual run of the new car? Can I verify by seeing if RPM needle moves when started?
I understand these are many a too query, but I want be sure that I do not get fleeced by the dealer.

Thanks @Superbad! Do we have VIN decoder for TATA vehicles?
Speedometer being unplugged is a common practice, or malpractice to hide the actual run of the new car? Can I verify by seeing if RPM needle moves when started?
I understand these are many a too query, but I want be sure that I do not get fleeced by the dealer.
Get the vin number and post it here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...coding-vehicle-identification-number-vin.html
Guys will decode it and tell you exactly when it was made .[:)]

Speedometer Jhol is this - many times dealerships use the vehicle for test drive purpose and cut the speedometer I have myself experienced this .
So first get the vin number decode it give a strict warning that the vehicle must not be used any 1 incase you are free you can tell them that you will accompany them when they will register your vehicle .
Detail things about technical things Superbad , raj_5004 , mukeshus, mercisied and Mastersquall can provide you as they are suv and safari owners .

I am sure you would have your thoughts, but curious why you would not wait for the Strome - albiet the launch is delayed but round the corner.

Thread Starter #44
I am sure you would have your thoughts, but curious why you would not wait for the Strome - albiet the launch is delayed but round the corner.
[lol]The reason is wierd, but true. Me, my wife and our 4 year daughter, we all like the rear door mounted spare wheel! It gives some powerful look and stance to the beast!

Thread Starter #45
Guys, not for Storme, but should I wait till next month to see if current Safari's price will be cut by 80-100K? FYI, I have been offered around 90K discount, including the schemes running for this month.

Top Bottom