Going for a Pre-Owned Car. Help required

With that budget, its better to pick up a Honda City Type II (iDSi). The car is a perfect combo of luxury and fuel efficiency.

I can see Esteem.

There is one Esteem 2004 Limited Edition Model of my friend which has been driven ~60K. He has kept it in Pristine condition ( as what i have seen it personally many times ). he is asking for 2L. There is a bit modification he has done. Put K&N, FFE and a little bit here and there. i sat on it and it did 165kph in 3rd gear.huhhhhh. It was awesome. But the main thing is that Esteem is discontinued, will the spares be a problem. I dont want to face the music later on..
No worries , esteem spares are available well in mgp stores. and will be available for many more years.
esteems have run in same model/ as hatch outside india.

We have restores engine for zen automatic , but that is not a issue , it has a rare 3 speed gear box and its spares were made available in few days by mgp stores.!

Try not to buy car from dealer , though its mahindra first choice or truevalve unless you find car and price good.

though they are backed by big brand , they too are cheaters!

lxi.

Suspended
No problem buddy! Esteem has easily available spares even in local markets. MGA charge around thrice the original price. The price your friend is offering is ok for a 2004 car with bit modifications. Else you can go for an accent till 2.5-2.75lacs.
Drive safe,
Lxi.

Thread Starter #19
Today i had asked one of my office colleague to talk to the Advantage Hyundai Dealer. i told him to talk in Kanada, since it will be more beneficial.

The dealer told the same things, as what he told me when i met him in person.
About the price he told its 3.3L. You come we will waive/discount to you.

So the idea worked :P, and now i am planning to go again and bargain hard with him.
Hope everything works fine.

I am chucking off the plan of Esteem since my friend has driven it quite a number of time in the Race Track ( the MMSC in chennai ). I know Esteem Engine is quite good, but its the the Psychological thing, thats preventing me to go for Esteem.

Anyways, nice to see that people over here are helping quite a lot. Thanks to all of you. :)

lxi.

Suspended
Congo! Hope you bargain as much as possible.

Hyundai accent makes sense till 2.5 L not a Re. more than that.
You can check other accents if he has. Or any Verna (old one, not the fluidic) if you are willing to spend 3.3L.

Cheers!

Thread Starter #21
Tried a lot but the Advantage Hyundai not coming below 3.3L, so planning to chuck off the idea.

Went to Mahindra First Choice ( which is just beside the Advantage Hyundai. )

Saw 1 swift Black Colour 2007 LXI,Model , 45K Kms driven, New Insurance, with all service History. Had a small test Drive and felt good.

He is Quoting 3.6L for it ( with the normal 1 year warranty and 3 servicing free).

What should be the ideal price i should be looking for ( Please tell w.r.t to Bangalore Prices)

He is Quoting 3.6L for it ( with the normal 1 year warranty and 3 servicing free).
What should be the ideal price i should be looking for ( Please tell w.r.t to Bangalore Prices)
[surprise] 3.6L is toooo much for a 07 Swift LXi. Even considering the warranty & free services ideal price should be 2.75~3L based on the condition.

lxi.

Suspended
Nope buddy! 3.6l is too much. I think all are tryign to fool you! [:)]. hehe. Its the 2007 Lxi model, you can spend some 80k-1L more and get a brand new swift LXi/VXi.

Not at all a fair deal.

Why don't you check from some local dealers or your friends? You can go for tata, mitsubishi, skoda cars (used) since they are having less resale value. And wth 3.6 L, you can fetch an octavia. [:D].

Cheers.

Still In Search Mode Operation. Found an Accent 2003 GLS 1.6 for 2.15L ( individual and not dealer ) from Carwale.com

Its a bit high. But have to see the car. It has run 39K Kms. Only from Office to Home and Vice Versa.

Will check the car and will update here. :)

Do let me know your views.
1.90 lakhs is worth giving for it,provided the car's ODO isn't being tampered.Anyway if you are interested drive the car for at-least 5 kms,hear the sounds or rattles,check out the engine sounds etc etc.

This thread might help you with inspecting progress.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pecting-second-hand-car-exhaustive-guide.html

Well i am a bit surprised that you are not looking at Honda City! It's got a refined petrol engine that can run for ages and it suits your requirements , why don't you try searching for City?

And also as somebody said you can try Verna too , Verna petrol has poor re-sale value.

Try to purchase directly from the owner , dealerships just can't be trusted these days!

Thread Starter #27
Thanks Vishwas and coolDhaya.

i have already gone through that Thread.. :)

I am looking for City too, but not able to find a suitable one. The Prices are on a bit high side too.

As far as Verna is concerned, i am hardly finding any of them.

Lets see how it goes on. I have patience, so no worries on that front. I dont wanna repent later after taking any damn Car. :-)

Yeah City's price will be on high side because it has great re-sale value! As far as Verna is concerned Petrol din't sell well so it's hard finding a Petrol Verna in the used market.

Keep updating us as you search the market.

I would strongly suggest you a used Honda City (NHC/Gen II/Dolphin) at that price point. These cars are virtually bulletproof and depreciate very slowly. Buy from a private seller though.

Thread Starter #30
i had looked today the honda city and verna(petrl)
details :
city : dolphin shape,gxi, 2006 model,70k kms,final price: 3.2l

verna: vtvt,2009 model,30k kms, final price: 3.5l(after much bargaining)

had a test drive of verna, and it was quite good.

i am not thinking of city. considering the verna is this price justifiable.

Top Bottom