Going for a Pre-Owned Car. Help required

Thread Starter #1
For the past few days, I have been looking for a good PreOwned Car. My Budget is close to 3 and not more than that.

Requirement :- A Sedan will be good. Already have Santro and I20 in home, so now requirement is for Sedan.
Budget : 2.5 - 3L ( + - 10 - 20K is acceptable, but depends on condition )
My Monthly Run : ~ 700 -800Kms ( Leaving some Long Weekend Trip )

=========================================================

Today I saw a Hyundai Accent in the Advantage Hyundai Jakasandra.
Saw in and out of car ( thanks to the knowledge given by TAI for the preowned cars )
The car has run 36K Kms and its a 2008 GLE model. The car was in a good condition and saw all the service History till date and thanks that ALL IZ WELL in the car. Its a single Owner, and the car has been given for the exchange of Hyundai Fluidic Verna.[glasses]

Advantage Hyundai Price : 3.3L with 1 year Warranty and 2 Servicing Free.

Please help me out, if at all this is a good deal.
If not then, what else i should look in this category..

You can bargain another 50k. Accents do not fetch high resale value. Also it is not a fun to drive car.

if its diesel u are looking for, then you can look for TATA Indigo too. Nice car and fits your bill perfectly. though look hard for a good one.

Thread Starter #4
@Mr Boss : The main drawback of Advantage Hyundai is that, they hardly bargain for any Pre-Owned Cars. But I will try my best to bargain whatever I can.

@Type-R : Since my running wont be that much, so opting for a diesel doesn't make sense. Also I am not that much fan of TATA Models ( except Manza.. :P )

Lot of petrol cars are in market .
Petrol sedan have low resale value.

also , a 2008 accent gle , though single owner do not seems to justify the quoted price.
It must be some where around 2 to 2.20L , not a penny more than that.

For the past few days, I have been looking for a good PreOwned Car. My Budget is close to 3 and not more than that.

Requirement :- A Sedan will be good. Already have Santro and I20 in home, so now requirement is for Sedan.
Budget : 2.5 - 3L ( + - 10 - 20K is acceptable, but depends on condition )
My Monthly Run : ~ 700 -800Kms ( Leaving some Long Weekend Trip )

=========================================================

Today I saw a Hyundai Accent in the Advantage Hyundai Jakasandra.
Saw in and out of car ( thanks to the knowledge given by TAI for the preowned cars )
The car has run 36K Kms and its a 2008 GLE model. The car was in a good condition and saw all the service History till date and thanks that ALL IZ WELL in the car. Its a single Owner, and the car has been given for the exchange of Hyundai Fluidic Verna.[glasses]

Advantage Hyundai Price : 3.3L with 1 year Warranty and 2 Servicing Free.

Please help me out, if at all this is a good deal.
If not then, what else i should look in this category..
Priced too much yaar,you will get a decent(not best) diesel Accent for that price and as Mr.Boss says 50k lesser price tag is better for that one.

lxi.

Suspended
If you are thinking of adding some accessories (alloys,spoiler, other performance mods), then it is the lancer or esteem.

I would suggest an esteem as it would have a better spare part availability than the lancer. Also, you can see the mitsubishi cedia as well, atleast it is better than the other two.

And about that accent it should be no more than 2.5lacs. Its not a fair deal buddy.
You can try classifieds on the net (carwale.com) etc to find the right car for you.
All the best.

Thread Starter #11
Thanks all for the guidance.

No to Lancer.

I can see Esteem.

There is one Esteem 2004 Limited Edition Model of my friend which has been driven ~60K. He has kept it in Pristine condition ( as what i have seen it personally many times ). he is asking for 2L. There is a bit modification he has done. Put K&N, FFE and a little bit here and there. i sat on it and it did 165kph in 3rd gear.huhhhhh. It was awesome. But the main thing is that Esteem is discontinued, will the spares be a problem. I dont want to face the music later on..

There is one Esteem 2004 Limited Edition Model of my friend which has been driven ~60K. He has kept it in Pristine condition ( as what i have seen it personally many times ). he is asking for 2L. There is a bit modification he has done. Put K&N, FFE and a little bit here and there. i sat on it and it did 165kph in 3rd gear.huhhhhh. It was awesome.
If the car is maintained in pristine condition then don't give a second thought go ahead and buy it.

But the main thing is that Esteem is discontinued, will the spares be a problem. I dont want to face the music later on..
Ask your friend that where the parts and spares are being sold,don't worry the parts would be easily available if you are staying in Bangalore.
I ll try to PM you the contacts if you need.

You can get a old honda city also, or a baleno 2006 onwards model. Esteem will be also good choice.

Dont go for a very old car like 5 yrs.I think you should go with the accent if you get it for rounded price of 3L. And as the dealer is selling it, it will not fetch you any major problems in the future.

Top Bottom