GM Updates Chevrolet Cruze with More Power

Thread Starter #1
Hi, Chevy is planning to upgrade Cruze saloon to meet customer demands.

The Chevrolet Cruze is slated to get a new engine from GM’s Family of Z series engines. The new, 2.0-litre DOHC common-rail diesel engine, which puts out a powerful 163bhp (up from 150bhp) and even more torque, promises to keep the Cruze safely on the top of the performance diesel pedestal. Expect minor cosmetic upgrades too. GM India, based on customer feedback, is also redesigning the rear seats to improved headroom. The enhanced Cruze is expected to be in showrooms later this year.
Chevrolet Cruze to get upgrades | Autocar India

verna

Suspended
Re: Chevrolet Upgrading Cruze Saloon

Goodie ! Driven the Cruze once for a distance of over 40 km on a highway. And "Cruzed" (cruised) at 140-150+ which was feeling amazing! And yeah, decent push the vehicle had to offer with the present torque. Lets see what the improved torque does[;)]. Love the Optra's Push too.
And not to forget the extra Horsepower. [thumbsup]

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow , the rocket just got even more powerful! Wish they do something to improve the legroom too with the facelift.

350Z

Core Team

It has been confirmed that GM is launching New Cruze in 2012. Exteriors changes will include LED lamps and on the inside, expect two tone with interior illumination.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

Updated Chevrolet Cruze will debut next month and will sport slightly more aggressive looks on the front.

chevy-cruze-facelift-look-revealed-42974-7.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I heard it will get a new 1.7l VCDI engine. [confused]
If this happens, expect it to be more FE than outgoing one.
But what I have heard is it will have same 2.0L engine which will now churn out 153 bhp.[clap]

If this happens, expect it to be more FE than outgoing one.
But what I have heard is it will have same 2.0L engine which will now churn out 153 bhp.[clap]
well, higher fuel efficiency is for sure but I think Turbos Lag will be an issue.

well, higher fuel efficiency is for sure but I think Turbos Lag will be an issue.
It has been sorted out to large extent atleast in new 2.0L having 153 horses. Don't know about 1.7L.
Performance oriented will buy 2.0L, those for FE will buy 1.7L, especially those now looking at Altis 1.4 D4D.

well, I would pick Renault Fluence instead of buying Cruze diesel with 1.7l engine. Its a better package and Renault is slightly more to the premium side if compared to Chevrolet.

well, I would pick Renault Fluence instead of buying Cruze diesel with 1.7l engine.
But under-thigh support is very, very poor in Fluence.

Renault is slightly more to the premium side if compared to Chevrolet.
+1.
I would also wait for new Hyundai Elantra. Looks fantastic.

With GPS navigation growing in popularity, I hope and wish they introduce a inbuilt GPS screen on the dash itself. This can be initially introduced in the higher variants.

With GPS navigation growing in popularity, I hope and wish they introduce a inbuilt GPS screen on the dash itself. This can be initially introduced in the higher variants.
according to rumors it will indeed get a GPS navigation but I am not much sure about it.

Re: Chevrolet Soon Upgrading the Cruze Saloon

Got the latest information from my sources that the new Cruze's power has been increased to 163 Bhp and not a single other change in the car. The new face-lift will be hitting the Indian shores by Early 2012.

Re: Chevrolet Soon Upgrading the Cruze Saloon

Got the latest information from my sources that the new Cruze's power has been increased to 163 Bhp and not a single other change in the car. The new face-lift will be hitting the Indian shores by Early 2012.
It's already may 2012 how much early ? Maybe your sources gave you this info in 2011?

Top Bottom