Global Ford Fiesta 2015: A Long Term Review

Hi
Sorry error in terminology. What I meant was the gearbox/bell housing will need to be separated from the engine. The gearbox does not get taken apart.
If you are going to examine the clutch and replace the complete assembly. It may be worth replacing the master cylinder first, just incase the problem is caused by binding master cylinder seals.
If that does not solve the issue, replace the complete clutch/slave cylinder assembly. Make sure the driven plate moves freely on the splines.

Either way, if you get as far as removing the gearbox/bell housing, change the complete clutch assembly. If you try to replace a single "worn" part, it may not resolve the issue. Then you will have to pay the labour bill again to get at the clutch.
Spend the money "once" and have peace of mind for another 110k Kms and 8 years !!!

Regards Neil

Thread Starter #92
Spoke to the regular Ford service manager, since he knows that I am keeping the car for a long duration he said that he will change the whole clutch assembly .

Thread Starter #94
UpDate
Tha odometer reading is 1,12,000 km as on today. Servicing was as usual done by Metro Ford and it was excellent ,car was picked up and dropped at home.
Apart from the full clutch assembly set being replaced, suspension lower arm were also changed. Put on new vipers
However i feel there is no change in the hardness of the clutch .Will take car again to the service center after running for a while,will there be a change afterwards, i know not.The total cost of service came to 43K.
The car has become silent and feels like just new.I am satisfied that I made this decision to buy this car way back in the year 2015 even though it was to be discontinued in near future.

Apart from the full clutch assembly set being replaced, suspension lower arm were also changed. Put on new vipers
However i feel there is no change in the hardness of the clutch .
What all parts were replaced during the clutch overhaul? A complete clutch set change will make considerable amount of change in pedal stiffness (read feel).

Thread Starter #96
Reached the 1,20000 km milestone in 8 years and counting.
Purchased Diesel Purge from Amazon, the running has been low by my standards lately due to office work.Due to the addition of Scorpio N next week the running of my Whitee Ford Fiesta will be lesser still in future.Since I have no problem of parking space , will keep this till the end of it's Life period,since there is vehicle matching the awesome handling and ride quality coupled with 20 kmpl fuel efficiency.

Thread Starter #97
My Whitee Global Ford Fiesta has developed a problem.Its emitting white smoke on start early in the morning as well as in running.I have left the car at Metro Ford for diagnosis. The engine oil level is also depleting on a running of 2k kms.
Any pointers will be appreciated

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
My Whitee Global Ford Fiesta has developed a problem.Its emitting white smoke on start early in the morning as well as in running.I have left the car at Metro Ford for diagnosis.
Any pointers will be appreciated.
Whilst waiting for the reply from experts, suggest reading this article which explains why cars emit white smoke.

Thread Starter #99
The engine has been opened and they say that it has two to three problems which they are trying to resolve.
They are in contact with Ford Engineers in Chennai.Hoping for the resolution , praying that it will not be a burden on the pocket.
The car has a odometer reading of one lakh twenty thousand km and it's very early that the engine should give up.that early I have always got it serviced at Metro Ford and they have every service record till date which they acknowledged.

Top Bottom