Global Ford Fiesta 2015: A Long Term Review

Thread Starter #78
Taking into account of non availability Michelin in the 15 inch radius I have narrowed my choice of tyres to
1) Continental UC 6
2)yokohoma Blue Earth GT AE 51
I am unable to decide between the two,my usage is 80% high way driving and 20% city, also the price difference between the two is 1500rs,UC 6 being the costlier, the vendor is suggesting UC6

Thread Starter #80
Changed car tyres to Bridgestone sturdo ,having run about 800km on new tyres the steering response has improved, wet grip is phenomenal as advertised, there was continuous rain last weekend had drove in the rain for about 4 hours / 250kms while returning to my home on NH48 maintained a speed of 90 to 100kmph ,water dispersing capacity is excellent may be due new&deeper tread ,which would not have been possible on old tyres.
This week will be going on a trip of 800km,by that time the outer protective layer would have worn off.will get to know the true nature of tyres
My Whitee Ford Fiesta odometer reading as on today is 105373km. No rattles feels solid built to last, as I have narrated earlier after sales service of Metro Ford has been excellent.

Thread Starter #81
The Bridgestone Sturdo will put to test tomorrow,since the forecast is dry tomorrow will be concentrating on Drygrip, tyre noise and steering feedback on AH48 .
Will update on the350km first leg,will be traveling along with my dogge" Bunty"who will be tied at the backseat.

Thread Starter #82
Left at 5.44 pm picked up bunty from home ,since it was mid-week less traffic on the highway which thinned out as night came on resulting in picking up of speed .only one break for bio.tyres are silent with excellent grip you can feel the surface of the road at the steering they are also hard which is aptly suitable for our broken roads.There sre two diversions from the highway consisting of hard gravel and mud did not slow down purposely and the suspension came out in flying colors,at a certain speed the car swallows the undulations on the road.,reached destination at 10.14pm covering a distance of 366km.
Had upped the pressure by two points

Thread Starter #83
The pleasure of driving a sedan that too a Ford Fiesta is totally at a different level, it can never be matched by a SUV on a curving road,could maintain the speed at the curves,while the other vehicles breaked to take the curve,the car masks the speed very well,and never feeling out of control. Enjoyed the ride today to the hilt.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #84
Have done two trips totaling to 800kms since the Last update ,and now another 10k service is due,the ride was on highways, no rattles or squeaks anywhere, the car always gives above 20kmpl average ,coupled with the silence in the cabin the tdci engine is a gem of an engine .we can enjoy the drive if the speed is 90 to 110km/hr without any tension since we have ample reaction time for the usual surprises of the National Highways.
The tyres are performing well silent as usual and the dry grip is adequate, this time the Good Year company has found a sweet spot of performance vis a vis steering feedback. Knowing fully well that the tyres are made of hard compound,I am not worried about the tyres being damaged because of bad road conditions unlike the Michelin which i had earlier.

Have done two trips totaling to 800kms since the Last update ,and now another 10k service is due,the ride was on highways, no rattles or squeaks anywhere, the car always gives above 20kmpl average ,coupled with the silence in the cabin the tdci engine is a gem of an engine .we can enjoy the drive if the speed is 90 to 110km/hr without any tension since we have ample reaction time for the usual surprises of the National Highways.
The tyres are performing well silent as usual and the dry grip is adequate, this time the Good Year company has found a sweet spot of performance vis a vis steering feedback. Knowing fully well that the tyres are made of hard compound,I am not worried about the tyres being damaged because of bad road conditions unlike the Michelin which i had earlier.
Hadn't you put Bridgestone Sturdo? Then why mentioned as Goodyear? Did I miss something?[think]

Thread Starter #86
Oh my goodness, thanks for reminding and correcting me ,yes you're right, its Bridgestone sturdo, I stand corrected

Thread Starter #87
Got my whitee the regular 10k service last month, due to shifting of residence could not update. Car is running as smooth as ever no squeaks or rattles for a car which has an odometer reading of nearly 110k kms under its belt ,and seven and half year old car,which has been discontinued in the year 2015/ 16,and the company itself exiting the country in 2021,the aftersales service has been excellent its a pity that Ford left the Country

Thread Starter #88
Hi all,I want inputs regarding my Whitee Ford Fiesta,the clutch pedal has become hard, still on original clutch I am in a dilemma, should I change the clutch assembly or only a part of the clutch, kindly advise.

I am keeping the car and I don't want to change it. I want to enjoy the car ,since there is no alternative in its segment that too a diesel, thanks in advance

Hi all,I want inputs regarding my Whitee Ford Fiesta,the clutch pedal has become hard, still on original clutch I am in a dilemma, should I change the clutch assembly or only a part of the clutch, kindly advise.

I am keeping the car and I don't want to change it. I want to enjoy the car ,since there is no alternative in its segment that too a diesel, thanks in advance

Hi,
first, and easiest, thing to try is a clutch bleed. Lubricate all accessible pivot points pedal etc. If that does not help, it may be an issue with the clutch release mechanism, pressure plate etc. However, to check the release mechanism means opening the gearbox.
As you wish to keep the car. Considering the mileage/age and the typical life of a Fiesta clutch, just replace "everything" including the clutch slave and master cylinders.
The EcoBoost 1.0 is known to have clutch problems, particularly an increasing pedal stiffness over time. 100k to 160k Kms is considered to be the average service life for this clutch. At 110k Kms and nearly 8 years it is time to replace it anyway.
All depends on the driver, my Ford Focus 2004 1.8 turbo diesel estate has covered nearly 300k km on the original clutch, but I never slip the clutch. I pull away at tick over, the clutch is fully released within a few turns of the wheels, then go for the A pedal (except on steep slopes). I rev match gear changes, release the A pedal until the clutch is fully engaged and hit the A pedal. Always try to avoid putting power through a slipping clutch, that is the fastest way to wear everything out. You will also have a much smoother ride and all parts of the transmission will have a much longer life !!!
Just takes a bit of experience, patience and practice. I can make all gear changes, up and down without using the clutch, (except reverse !!!). But then I have been driving/riding for over 50 years, covering in excess of 2,500,000 Kms !!!! In all of that time I have never worn out the friction material of any clutch.
Regards Neil

Thread Starter #90
Thanks for the fast response, bytheway I forgot to mention that clutch bleeding was done during the lsat service.
Whether replacing the entire clutch assembly requires opening of the gearbox,and lastly will the pressing of the clutch paddle will become soft as it is in a new car.
Sorry for a lot of queries.

Top Bottom