Getting a Second Hand Car within 2 Lakhs Maximum; Bought Maruti Alto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give it a waxing and it will look brand new, being white.[;)] Waiting for your pictures. Do post your fuel efficiency figures too. Need to compare with mine .

Thread Starter #48
Waiting for your pictures.
OK,Will post soon.:)

Do post your fuel efficiency figures too. Need to compare with mine .
Filled 500rs petrol today,was running full time on AC,Guess i drive about 20-30kms max, mostly on bumper to bumper traffic,now the needle is at half position,When i filled 500rs petrol,its was about 1/4th of the meter,so half of 1/4th now.:( is the needle wrong or its giving me very less mileage? :(

Do the testing in tank-full to tank-full method. THen, you can get almost the accurate values.

I dont know , if the gauge is linear. I think not. My Dad says its not linear. If its not linear, we cant predict it . So, its better to do the tank to tank method.

Filled 500rs petrol today,was running full time on AC,Guess i drive about 20-30kms max, mostly on bumper to bumper traffic,now the needle is at half position,When i filled 500rs petrol,its was about 1/4th of the meter,so half of 1/4th now.:( is the needle wrong or its giving me very less mileage? :(
Think you are learning to drive the car,(if not please excuse).
You need to shift the gears in correct RPMs if the car doesn't have RPM needle just heed to what i say.

1st gear upto-20;
2nd gear upto-30;
3rd gear upto-40;
4th gear upto-50;
5th gear 50 and more.

Also you should apply clutch fully and then release it slowly where the car shouldn't jerk or become stalled.

I use this method and now getting 17kmpl in city without a/c now[angel](before was getting 15kmpl without a/c)

350Z

Core Team
Since the purpose of this thread has been served, it would be wise if we discuss further issues in the relevant thread(s) or ownership review whenever it's created instead of moving off topic. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom