Getting a Maruti Gypsy and Installing CNG?

So my decision is

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
hi guys,

i am back to disturb you all again :biggrin:

I have been doing some calculation

If i buy any SUV which will give m FE of 10-11 will cost me 98k to run it same distance for one year

if i buy gypsy and put CNG then it will cost me 49k to run same distance for one year

Except me in my family no one like SUV that much

So i am thinking of buying second hand Gypsy and then repaint it to pure black and black alloy and put old man suspension for comfort and enjoy it

So do you think my decision is good or bad

Re: I am Back ;)

Do you think you can get used gypsy at low rate easily?I have no idea on this
More over if the car is not well maintained then you will have to repair it too.
Changing suspension will cost you round,dont know.
But love off roading,want macho looks,
then take,spend on it,have fun,mind you save on fuels too.

Another option is to get the Thar.
How much does the that lower version of thar cost.
As per carwale,crde that cost 6,83,265 rs in new delhi.

Thread Starter #3

well i have found 4gypsy and rate start from 2L to 6L . I am more interested in 2L one it has 78k done
so even if 50k spend on repair it still better

2L gypsy
50k repair if any
30k paint
55k suspension
26k CNG
40-50k alloy and tire
total around = 5L

About thar its diesel remember why i am going to gypsy because its petrol so CNG is possible

How much old is this 2L gypsy.
Do you like the steering,brakes of the gypsy?
5L,hmm on an old car when if you pay more can fetch you a thar(its a diesel,brand new),t i think you gets some benefits out of cng.
One ore question,
what are the benifits you would be getting when you make it cng.
I think if its petrol do check if can get a old Honda crv.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #5

its 2005 model
i will upgrade both steering to power steering and brake to power brake atleast that's what i am planning for now
Dude you haven't seen my first post diesel is expensive to run for me + maintenance of diesel is also high

Well benefit of CNG is cheap fuel and great FE
let say if car is giving 9 in petrol expect it to give FE of 12-15 with AC 100% in CNG . My accent also gave me 10 in petrol but its give 15 in CNG with 100% AC

About hondra CRV its ugly car for me

Also if you know gypsy means no more headace of maintenance expect regular service .

Only reason i am thinking about gypsy is petrol and low maintenance last not least 4X4 [evil]

with LPG the mileage decreases by 20percent. dunno about cng. better confirm before you deciding to go cng.heard that the comfort level of gypsy is not as much as any diesel suv.

Thread Starter #9

even i don't know about LPG but with CNG always expect better mileage after experiencing with 5cars i have all of them are CNG and none gave me below 15 in city even corolla it gives around 17 last time i calculated it

For comfort as i told earlier i am putting old man suspension . i have +ve from everyone who have used it and they say it makes gypsy handling very good as well as no more bone breaking car

Thar is almost 6.8 on-road , ARAI approved Mileage being 18.06 KM/l
No AC in Thar.

Gypsy CNG/LPG anytime better.

BTW in SUV you are only considering Gypsy/Thar ? no others ?

I said thar not mastersquall.
BTW,
in what aspect is lpg very economical.It consumes more power and fuel but its cheaper though AFAIK.But the ones provided by manufacturers oem claims there will be no power loss.

Thread Starter #12

Thar is almost 6.8 on-road , ARAI approved Mileage being 18.06 KM/l
No AC in Thar.

Gypsy CNG/LPG anytime better.

BTW in SUV you are only considering Gypsy/Thar ? no others ?
i don't about ARAI but none of owner i have meet told me FE of 18 not even close
after asking 10 owner of thar FE is around 10-11 in city and 14-15 at highway which mean safari is far far better then thar atleast it give 12 in city with ac and 15 on highway with AC

And tell me which other SUV offer 4X4 and still petrol . i will considered it .
I said thar not mastersquall.
BTW,
in what aspect is lpg very economical.It consumes more power and fuel but its cheaper though AFAIK.But the ones provided by manufacturers oem claims there will be no power loss.
? what do you mean by I said thar not mastersquall

Thread Starter #14
i got it ;)

i found another 2007 model 28k done(don't know they are real or not). He is asking 3.5L . will visit him anf give him offer of 2.75L

hi mastersquall,
chintan from Gujarat & also search for GYPSY around 2000-2004 model & want to fit CNG/AC in it, i also with you for believe in old Gypsy with CNG-LPG is best bet.

Top Bottom