General Queries Of New Car & Bike Buyers

Re: General Doubts of New Car Buyers & Owners

Guys I have done some test drives yesterday and the cars I tested were Tata Safari,Tata Aria,Mahindra XUV 500,Honda City,Honda Civic and Ford Fiesta Classic petrol.

@TSI:Your tips were really very useful and I really understood what and how was happening.
I'll share my observations in the buying thread.

^^Hmmm,Tata Safari+Aria TD...more confusion to come up.
Honda City and Civic=A fight between love and pocket!!
Mahindra XUV 500=Excitement at its best.
Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6=Hmmm,naa..you should have tried 1.6 'S'.

BTW,where is Laura TSi??
I'll PM you something,it will get you the TD.Only the car will be having quite high mileage!!

Now I will go for the TD of Laura TSI also tomorrow,I have talked to the dealer who has the TSI test drive car.

By the way,today I drove a Thar and I liked it too.

you should categorise your test drives in the price and segment and do the analysis of each car comparing the same segment. this will avoid confusion since you would not remember the older TDs along the way.

Thar!!??!![lol]
+1000 to Superbad,test drives must be categorized and then one category must be chosen in which segment to buy the car.

Looks like PraC is enjoying lots of test drives of various makes and categories.

hope this wide range of test drives won't affect your buying decision.

@Superbad and TSI:Is there anything wrong with the Thar?
Today I have bunked[;)] my office for the test drives and just returned back after testing Skoda Laura TSI.

@Superbad and TSI:Is there anything wrong with the Thar?
Today I have bunked[;)] my office for the test drives and just returned back after testing Skoda Laura TSI.
what about the laura .
how is it .

There is nothing wrong with the thar . Just that the interiors are just too spartan for todays car.

In that case you are absolutely right Mr.TSI,driving a Thar to office daily can gain a lot of attention and it makes no sense too.

Few questions before I buy my first car

Hello All,

I finally decided for Ford Figo Facelift (Diesel Exi) and I will book it by first week of November. I just want to ask few questions from experts here [:D] -

1. I am confused while selecting color of car

• White- Its not available in Metallic and I want to opt a better color than white
  • Blue- I am not sure if it is easy to maintain, need some opinions on this

2. I should drive in limited speed for first couple of months or I can enjoy its powerful engine up to some point?

3. Parcel tray is available in EXI variant but I am not sure if people use to put things on it, it goes up with the boot door. So, what will be the best use of parcel tray? Is it ok if I use it for speakers?

4. What will be the best way to prevent the color and shine of my car, its very important for me. I am opting for a car cover so that I can keep it covered at home during day time.

5. Is it possible to prevent the wheels from being stolen? I have to park my car in front of my house and some recent incidents in my city made me worried.

Thanks in advance [:)]

Ad!tya

Suspended
Re: Few questions before I buy my first car

Hello All,

I finally decided for Ford Figo Facelift (Diesel Exi) and I will book it by first week of November.
Congratulations for the Figo. It is indeed the best VFM car at this price range IMHO.

• White- Its not available in Metallic and I want to opt a better color than white
  • Blue- I am not sure if it is easy to maintain, need some opinions on this
Why? White is a classy colour. If you are able to maintain white color, then blue color would be even easier to maintain. I have a black car, I don't feel any need to give extra care for that colour. I mean, regular wash, wax, etc only is required.
Go for your favorite colour, I suggest.

2. I should drive in limited speed for first couple of months or I can enjoy its powerful engine up to some point?
Yes! Of course. You MUST drive at limited speed (I drove at <80kph for first few months) till the running-in period is over. This would be approx. 1000 Kms. Till then, try to control yourself. The car will be with you after running-in period also! :biggrin:

3. Parcel tray is available in EXI variant but I am not sure if people use to put things on it, it goes up with the boot door. So, what will be the best use of parcel tray? Is it ok if I use it for speakers?
If the parcel tray moves up with the boot, keeping things would not be suitable. The best use is to add speakers on the tray. In my alto, the parcel tray doesn't move with the boot, So, I can keep anything on it!

4. What will be the best way to prevent the color and shine of my car, its very important for me. I am opting for a car cover so that I can keep it covered at home during day time.
Good. But, then also, you can get a car wax to prevent dust after washing the car. For the first few months, I don't think the car needs polish, wax, etc.

5. Is it possible to prevent the wheels from being stolen? I have to park my car in front of my house and some recent incidents in my city made me worried.
Umm, you can tie them with chains and attatch it with some fixed point (a gate, etc). Other than that, there is no possible way, as far as I think.
IDEAS:
>Get the nuts tightened up, so that thieves can't open the wheels.
>Tie a dog next to the wheels of the car!
>Remove the wheels when you leave the car alone![lol]

Experts can help.

350Z

Core Team

I finally decided for Ford Figo Facelift (Diesel Exi) and I will book it by first week of November.
Congrats on Figo. Yours would be the first facelifted Figo on our forum. Don’t forget to share an ownership review. :smile:

It’s a personal choice. Kinetic Blue looks good and should be easier to maintain than White.

Don’t allow the engine to revv too much for at least initial 1,500 Kms and vary the speed often.

Yes, it’s alright to install the speakers. You could use it to store light documents etc. Plus, it helps to keep the items in the boot hidden from the view of outsiders.

Avoid parking the car in direct sunlight. A regular weekly wash with car shampoo and wax in a couple of months should help to retain the shine.

There are aftermarket lug nuts available to prevent theft. It requires a different wrench to unscrew them from the wheels.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Ad!tya

Suspended

There are aftermarket lug nuts available to prevent theft. It requires a different wrench to unscrew them from the wheels.
Vibhor, please elaborate about these nuts in detail.
Yesterday, some thieves took brand new (3 days old) Blue Etios Liva TRD Sportivo's alloy wheels and left the car with bricks in the place of tyres.[cry]
It was so pity talking to the owner of the car.

This makes me more conscious as I also park the car outside 80% of the time!

Top Bottom