Gaseous Move: Estlio, Ritz CNG & Beat LPG Soon!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
If sources are to be believed then Maruti Suzuki is soon going to release the CNG version of Ritz and Zen Estilo sometime soon, in order to revive their dulling sales. Apart from this, Chevy is no behind, Beat in LPG avatar will launch officially by December this year.

Ankush Arora, VP (Sales & Marketing), General Motors India -
We will have the LPG-run Beat ready in a few months and plan to launch it by November-December
Chevrolet-Beat-LPG-2010.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

LPG is sensible, But CNG is no way going to boost sales apart from few major places.

Last edited:
Ritz and Estilo expected as their sales were dying , but why Beat its still a new entrant into the market?
Maybe because Beat is not selling as much as GM expected it to.
I dont know about cng but lpg cars have really sluggish drive. I once got behind the wheel of my friends WagonR DUO and trust me, lpg mode i felt it much slower than my 0.8L alto! Though the power delivery gets normal while in the petrol mode.

Arun

Suspended
The Ritz? I think it'll be the WagonR which will get the mill running on alternative gas. The WagonR Duo is still pending. Whatever happens, I really hope they manage to maintain the boot space.

About the Beat, it already has a tiny boot. Where is Chevy planning to put that cylinder?

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
I can not recall which car it was but I saw in some picture where the cylinder was placed under body of car, i.e. below the boot resulting in boot space to remain intact, and this idea quite impressed me.

A Spyshot of Beat by Ritesh Madhok. This is either a LPG or Diesel.
diesel-beat-photo.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well if its placed under the boot then wont it get damaged during bumpy roads?

BTW why this funny camouflage? People would not have bothered to look at this car be it either LPG or Diesel if they had better left it plain as people are already familiar with the Beat!

I came across these pics on facebook.
@cooldhaya-Completely agree. Instead of disguising and attracting the crowd, they should have tested it with a normal car.

Thread Starter #11

350Z

Core Team
Agreed on this. Even a patch on CNG/LPG filling lid would have done. Anyways, another update - ET reports that even Alto, Wagon-R and SX4 will also receive a CNG treatment, When asked, MSIL's IV Rao, Managing Executive Officer, answer was:

It’s our answer to green technology that will also be most fuel-efficient auto fuel in India, blending the benefits of gasoline engine power at the cost of the CNG.
Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
Some clear spy shots of Chevy Beat LPG which now confirms the release of this model.

Chevrolet-Beat-LPG-India-spied-3.jpg

Chevrolet-Beat-LPG-India-spied-2.jpg

Chevrolet-Beat-LPG-India-spied-1.jpg

Chevrolet-Beat-LPG-India-spied-4.jpg
Image Courtesy: Rushlane.com

Drive Safe,
350Z

AMG

Suspended
The sticker says installed by Rohan motors.
This PROVES it is an aftermarket job

Top Bottom