Gadgets You Own!

Suvo - Nikon 18-105mm is a good stuff to have
any pictures taken with it, please share, that tokina doesn't have that good reputation same for tamron
On the contrary, the Tokina 11-16 is the best wide angle lens in the market in that price range. Refer the MTF charts, you shall see it has minimum barrel distortions even at the widest aperture and lowest focal length. The distortion is even better than the so costly Nikon 12-24.

If you would have in Kol, would have given you the lens to try it out. The F2.8 constant aperture in all focal lengths makes it very useful for low light interior photography - for example dimly lit church, palaces etc.

I guess where people go wrong, is we need to understand the MTF charts well, so that we know the sweet spot (F-Stop) of the lens among its range, so that it renders maximu sharpness, not only around your subject but also in the corners. For landscape you necessarily dont care for sharpness in the corners, but in structural photographs (interiors etc), you need uniform ( as much as possible) sharpness everywhere. Will post some pictures.

Yes, 18-105 is a value of money.

Well all those wide angle lenses are really expensive be it tokina tamron nikon or prime.

I know what your saying , and yes for interior photography you need details to be uniform across the board ,
Well I don't have any of those lenses however my mate has them and my dad uses Nikon .

Sold my Nikon D40x after I came from US/Canada holidays. Then bought Canon 1000D kept it for a year and then sold it and bought a 550D got 2 lenses 18-55mm and 35-135mm canon Ultrasonic and that one has really good F stop , my mate took it for direction purposes . He is a director and making a short movie and using it for some shots.

Please post some pictures. Looking forward.
I am not that pro at photography , Still learning. Something to do besides my cars, body building etc etc

My Alive Gadget :

1: Macbook Air
2: Nokia E-72
3: HTC Desire
4: Dell Studio
5: Nikon D5000
6: Sony H-50 Cybershot series
7: Sony Cam - not sure model but purchased somewhere is 2008
8: Sony E Book.
9: Philips GoGear MP3 players etc...

Howz the performance?
The performance is good so far, But when I bought I had few issues but then those were resolved by HCL service centre. I am accessing web using WIFI, mom and kids playing games on it. This weekend my parents are going to ratnagiri for monsoon tour. I am going to save some old video songs onto it, then will check how well does it play videos. But for the amount they charge, this tablet is good buy. But if you want high performance then there are many available. I just wanted it for my mom, so that she can play games and stuffs. SO performance was not main criteria. But saying that, performance is good if not very good.

@dharmesh, you could have bought Funbook. Or I heard that one tablet has much better config than others at only 9K something.
But HCL too is a good buy! Maybe I didn't like it.[:)]

@dharmesh, you could have bought Funbook. Or I heard that one tablet has much better config than others at only 9K something.
But HCL too is a good buy! Maybe I didn't like it.[:)]
Yes Funbook was on the list, but when I read reviews online found HCL to be a better choice and also friend of mine is using same HCL tablet and din't have any problem with the same. SO HCL was the safest buy for me.

My gadgets list :-

HP pavilion DV6 laptop
Sony PS3 Slim 320GB with PS Move
HTC Desire HD
Samsung Galaxy S2
Razer DeathAdder Gaming Mouse + Goliathus Gaming Mousepad
Samsung Tab P1000

Updated List:

*Samsung Galaxy S3
*Samsung Galaxy S
*Toshiba Full HD LCD 37"
*Sony PS3 160Gb
*Samsung 5.1 channel Home theatre
*Canon 550 D DSLR Camera with
- 18-55mm lens
- 35-135mm Ultrasonic lens
*Lenovo G560 Core i3 laptop
*Nissan Consult (My car's scan tool)
*Sony cybershot 10.1 MP camera
*JVC everio Video camcorder
*Seagette External hard drive 500GB
*HP Laser jet P1005
*Apple Ipod Video 80Gb
*Custom Built PC ( AMD x1055T 6 Core Cpu, 8 GB Ram, Nvidia GT520 1 GB GPU, 500 GB SATA and LG DVD dual layer burner, USB 3.0, Wireless keyboad mouse. ) coupled with Logitech 5.1 Channel speakers and 23" LG LED FULL HD Monitor

My Current Gadgets:
Samsung Galaxy S II
Sony Handycam
Fuji S8000 Long Zoom Camera
Sony PSP
Sony PS3 Slim 320 GB with PS Move and Blu-Ray Remote
Bose Sound Dock
Bose On-Ear Headphone
Denon Over-the-Ear Headphone
iPod Classic 80 GB
Acer Laptop (18.6" Monitor with Blu-Ray Player and NVidia Cuda Graphic Card)
Haier 42" LCD TV

Top Bottom