Fully Armed Land Rover Goes On Sale!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
After acquisition by Tata Motors, Jauguar and Land Rover are consistently working to improve their presence in India, and it can be seen. The UK major has now launched fully armored models of Range Rover and Discovery in India, which are priced at Rs.4.74 crores and 3.75 crores respectively. Soon they also plan to roll out Jaguar XJ which was recently showcased at Moscow Auto Show, which can cost upto Rs.5 crores.

"The armoured vehicles market is a very niche segment and we don't want to leave it out. We are launching these vehicles in India so that we have the complete range of offerings here," said Rohit Suri, head of Tata Motors' Premier Car Division. We have just started exploring the market, we know there is some potential but it will be too premature to put a number on how many armoured vehicles we intend to sell in India," He added.

Land_Rover-Discovery_4_2010_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

What is special about these fully armored cars?
they are immune to attacks, whether it be bullets, grenades or a bomb nearby, they have non-fire catching material seats and flooring used, the car would take the damage to a huge extent, but promises to secure the personalities inside. [glasses]

What is special about these fully armored cars?
Dhaya, no vehicle in the world is completely bullet/ballistic proof in the world.But these all vehicles are equiped with such all technologies and equipments which used to buy time for the occupants inside to escape the danger zone or wait till enforcements reach them, with minimum damage to themselves without loosing life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dhaya, no vehicle in the world is completely bullet/ballistic proof in the world.But these all vehicles are equiped with such all technologies and equipments which used to buy time for the occupants inside to escape the danger zone or wait till enforcements reach them, with minimum damage to themselves without loosing life.
I was waiting for your comments in this thread. I agree with your statement.

No vehicle not even this one is completely damage proof. The thing is these vehicles are a lot safer than regular vehicles. They are specially designed to protect its occupants from any arm attacks.

I too agree with Auto Hub India and Akash. It can only take abuse for a period long enough to buy time for reinforcements to arrive. And if they dont you're toast!

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
This is a really smart move by Jaguar Land Rover to commercially sell armored vehicles and fiddle with such a segment which was still untouched by many big players in India. It also makes me re-think that if I had that much of cash to spend for a high-level car purchase, would I spend it on a just luxurious saloon or the one which offers go-anywhere capability along with ultra luxury and safety as bonus. No brainer, it has to be the latter option now. Following are a few features of armored vehicles from Landrover website:

- Available in right-hand drive for India
- Compliant with B6 ballistic level of protection
- Side blast and under floor grenade protection
- Independent ballistic and blast certification
- Uprated suspension, handling and braking system
- Wheels fitted with run-flat tyre system
- Fuel cut off over-ride

The vehicle can be tailored to meet individual’s requirements; however, supply of armored Range Rovers is subject to granting of an export license from UK Government.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is a really smart move by Jaguar Land Rover to commercially sell armored vehicles and fiddle with such a segment which was still untouched by many big players in India. It also makes me re-think that if I had that much of cash to spend for a high-level car purchase, would I spend it on a just luxurious saloon or the one which offers go-anywhere capability along with ultra luxury and safety as bonus. No brainer, it has to be the latter option now. Following are a few features of armored vehicles from Landrover website:

- Available in right-hand drive for India
- Compliant with B6 ballistic level of protection
- Side blast and under floor grenade protection
- Independent ballistic and blast certification
- Uprated suspension, handling and braking system
- Wheels fitted with run-flat tyre system
- Fuel cut off over-ride

The vehicle can be tailored to meet individual’s requirements; however, supply of armored Range Rovers is subject to granting of an export license from UK Government.

Drive Safe,
350Z
:agree:with that!! i'lll also choose bullet proof landrover rather than only luxury car.but very sadly they are very much costly. i think double of price of rolls royce ghost! if they start to produce it here it can may be come down to near a crore..

But what happens to the cost of plant & ROI ?

That is way too high & I am sure they will not sell more than 10 units a year in India.

So these cars will be bought by the people who really wants one & they can afford anything on earth :)

Top Bottom