Fuel Efficient Car for Highway Commuting

Thread Starter #61
@akash i know it suddenly twist in story reason why i mentioned is that just 4days ago i took my corolla for quick checkup as CNG guy wanted to see if everything was working properly and also he wanted to know i am happy with performance there i saw vitara being fitted CNG . My evil mind started think a great 4X4 and FE perfect combination But i dropped that plan as i wasn't interested much . My interest was toward fiesta and yesterday i got chance to do some off-roading with safari 4X4 . i got so addicted that i wanted 4X4 then same idea clicked again why not buy vitara + small car( for himachal )

@akash i know it suddenly twist in story reason why i mentioned is that just 4days ago i took my corolla for quick checkup as CNG guy wanted to see if everything was working properly and also he wanted to know i am happy with performance there i saw vitara being fitted CNG . My evil mind started think a great 4X4 and FE perfect combination But i dropped that plan as i wasn't interested much . My interest was toward fiesta and yesterday i got chance to do some off-roading with safari 4X4 . i got so addicted that i wanted 4X4 then same idea clicked again why not buy vitara + small car( for himachal )
Well, i never came across any Vitara with an after market CNG, thats why i was a bit worried about the fuel costs. However if you can have a Vitara with CNG kit, then i dont think it will burn holes in your pocket. No offences meant, but i honestly feel Vitara is far more reliable than Safari.

Thread Starter #63
well reading long ownership of 2 people made me think about vitara i mean common people doing 5 leh trip 8 Himalayas de-raid and lot off-roading with vitara made me go toward it also its resale vale is very low so i think i might get good second hand car without problem though these are endanger species

The thread is about a fuel efficient car on highways. Interestingly, the 2 cars that are most talked about is the Ford Fiesta and the Hyundai Verna.
IMHO, Verna should be the choice, due to the following factors, that I am aware of: -

1. A.S.S. of Hyundai has no comparison with that of Ford. As a matter of fact, after Maruti, only Hyundai has the best A.S.S.

2. My brother owns a Verna, and has reported the following mileage (mentioning only the Highways)
Old School Highways: -
with A.C. on : around 15 Kms
without A.C. : 17-20 Kms
Expressways and lane highways: -
with A.C. on : around 16-17 Kms
without A.C. : upto 19 Kms

3. The interiors and plastic quality of Verna is superb. Ride quality is also excellent and you won't feel tired by long drives. But this blessing is available only if you limit yourself upto 120-125kph. Beyond that, all these goodies start to disappear one by one. First the comfort will go, then the mileage will be compromised.

4. I will dismiss Fiesta over Verna, just because of the bad A.S.S. of Ford and the costly maintenance.

My experience with Indigo LS TDi BS III: -

Has ran for over 84000 Kilometers till date and I will, even if the model is re-packaged as a CS LS, suggest you the Indigo[:D]

Mileage I got on the Highways: -
I mostly drive without A.C. so i consistently get a mileage till 20, speed range being 90 - 120 kph.

The maintenance cost of an Indigo is again, less compared to Verna, most importantly the TDi engine is simpler to work on than the Dicor, spare parts are cheap and are easily available. I agree with most experiences that the Tata A.S.S. is bad, but again if you can locate a private mechanic known for Tata cars, you have no reason to worry. Only thing is that if classy interiors is also a requirement in the car, then Indigo is a big let down.

Hmmm sudden twist in story! I thought you wanted a good fuel efficient diesel car only. Vitara is a good car no doubt but what about the FE? I think your Safari is more FE than Vitara.

Thread Starter #66
The thread is about a fuel efficient car on highways. Interestingly, the 2 cars that are most talked about is the Ford Fiesta and the Hyundai Verna.
IMHO, Verna should be the choice, due to the following factors, that I am aware of: -

1. A.S.S. of Hyundai has no comparison with that of Ford. As a matter of fact, after Maruti, only Hyundai has the best A.S.S.

2. My brother owns a Verna, and has reported the following mileage (mentioning only the Highways)
Old School Highways: -
with A.C. on : around 15 Kms
without A.C. : 17-20 Kms
Expressways and lane highways: -
with A.C. on : around 16-17 Kms
without A.C. : upto 19 Kms

3. The interiors and plastic quality of Verna is superb. Ride quality is also excellent and you won't feel tired by long drives. But this blessing is available only if you limit yourself upto 120-125kph. Beyond that, all these goodies start to disappear one by one. First the comfort will go, then the mileage will be compromised.

4. I will dismiss Fiesta over Verna, just because of the bad A.S.S. of Ford and the costly maintenance.

My experience with Indigo LS TDi BS III: -

Has ran for over 84000 Kilometers till date and I will, even if the model is re-packaged as a CS LS, suggest you the Indigo[:D]

Mileage I got on the Highways: -
I mostly drive without A.C. so i consistently get a mileage till 20, speed range being 90 - 120 kph.

The maintenance cost of an Indigo is again, less compared to Verna, most importantly the TDi engine is simpler to work on than the Dicor, spare parts are cheap and are easily available. I agree with most experiences that the Tata A.S.S. is bad, but again if you can locate a private mechanic known for Tata cars, you have no reason to worry. Only thing is that if classy interiors is also a requirement in the car, then Indigo is a big let down.
agree tata cars are good cars if only ASS also improve more .

Hmmm sudden twist in story! I thought you wanted a good fuel efficient diesel car only. Vitara is a good car no doubt but what about the FE? I think your Safari is more FE than Vitara.
you didn't read my CNG part [evil] read again

With that said, I will be going for a 1000-1200 Kms drive in coming 2 weeks. Will try to post pics and vids of the drive, top speed if i am able to achieve and fuel efficiency. The road is NH 3, 4 lane quality stretch from Dhule to Mumbai.

Top Bottom