Fuel Additives Resarch

I agree with bhvm. I had used Bardhal injector cleaner additive for my Corolla but the results were not really distinctive. But they do have an array of additive products for both petrol and diesel engine.
I have seen Abro & STP additive brands as well being stocked with the retailers. I suggest you could visit any 3M car care centres and check their range as well. Have heard good reviews about their products.

The only additive used by me was STP fuel system cleaner to see if it makes any difference to the knocking I had on my Vento Tsi. Though the knocking got subdued but it persisted. So, I stopped using. Tried ADD ON D from Servo last time on my partner's car. No significant change reported by him.

bhvm

Honoured Member
The logic here is,
If your car is very well maintained, I mean by SVC using original parts and timely oil change etc, there will be hardly any difference with these cleaners or additives. Also, Additives will not clear underlying mechanical problems. So if knocking is due to worn parts or wrong ECU calibration/Sensors, it will not help.

The best place for these products is, say, you brought a Used vehicle with 80k+ Kms on Odo, Unknown Service history. These products may spruce up the performance up a bit.

Thread Starter #6
I had used Hydra Diesel Power Blast Injector cleaner, manufactured in UK. But now it’s my bad luck my bottle has been empty. So now I try another one unless and until I not get new one.

I have had used System D additive in past on my Ritz VDI, Used it suspecting a clogged injector(i have experienced jerks while on cruise) but did not see any significant change (read jerks were less) . But nevertheless they were still there. Until a day came they went away without me having to do anything and that happened after many months when I last used System D. I was thinking what did I do? and then realized that I switched to Shell Diesel and tada I had my answer . I stopped using it thereafter(had tried only 1 bottle) in my 7 years of ownership. No body knows what it does inside, may be it solved one thing and opened up a new, no idea!!.

no need of addtive or injector cleaner.. just regular maintainence and for a cleaning and recalibration all is required around every 60-90k kms

I have been using the Stanadyne Diesel Additive for the past 6k now in my GT TDI. It does makes the engine feel smoother and there is a slight bump in power(in acceleration) and Fuel efficiency. The changes are minute but it did make a difference in overall driving experience. Went for stanadyne as it had good reviews in other forums. But the issue is its difficult to source. Not all stanadyne dealers stock it.

Hello members, resurrecting an old thread here almost after 3 and half years.

I have a Tigor XT Diesel, it has been used for 50k odd kilometers and completes 3 years in a few days. I intend to use fuel additive with motive of system cleaning as a proactive measure for keeping the Injectors clean as I do a lot of long runs to rural places in Maharashtra and once in a time in few parts of Karnataka where fuel quality can really not be trusted. I have really no idea about fuel additive and the more I am reading about it on forums the more confusing they are getting. So listing a few queries, it would be great if I can get guided on this.

The Tigor has no issues as such, i.e. no black smoke, no knocking, only thing felt is the engine sound(harsh growl) has increased at higher rpms, I guess this is an effect of aeging? Also the ride has got a little less spirited than initial 30k kms, but nothing drastic, assuming this also might me due to aeging. Also I had got the EGR cleaning(machine one) done at 38k km as car was throwing out black smoke then, and since has been resolved.

1- what fuel additive/system cleaner to use, for my revotorq 1.05 which is essentially a CRDI

2- will there be any harm to the fuel injectors, common rail, engine, due to use of additives, in using in the long run, as I intend to keep my ride for a really long time(first ride with my hard earned money[cheers])

3- owners manual doesnt mention anywhere against using additive in fuel, (although advices against additive in coolant) so it should not be a problem right? Especially warranty concern?

4- also intend to use a petrol Fuel Additive for my K10(50000 km 4year old) and Royal Enfield Classic 350(29000km 8 year old)

Kindly advise, Thank You in advance.
Suhel

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
For well Maintained cars, the affect of Fuel additive is very mild. You can say no Difference.
I have experimented with quite a few additives from Liqui Moly, Abro, STP, System D etc.
Most had Negligible effect however Abro 502 was able to solve fluctuating idle on my Safari.

I'm using IFTEX G in my car and definitely see a smoother ride with 10-15%increase in FE.
Could I use this in a fuel injected CBR 250R?
The only alternative is the SYSTEM23.
MY QUESTION TO ALL how can a naturally aspirated and a fuel injected engine take the same additive.
Please share your experiences.

Top Bottom