Front Defogger Idol Struck In

Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,

Its a worry on my mind [frustration]which I thought would share & get some usefuls Inputs. There was a small Idol struck on the dashboard of my Car (Swift VXI) which accidentally fell into the defogger near the front windshield :(. It causing a big restlessness for me & post this Iam having a second thought whether or not to use car untill I get this fixed. Please help if there is any DIY instructions that can help me fix this. Anyways would consider a visit to the service centre through [confused].

Regards.
Santosh V

350Z

Core Team
This happened to me once but it wasn’t an idol in that case. If the idol is still visible inside, then try to carefully remove with help of some tool.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
This happened to me once but it wasn’t an idol in that case. If the idol is still visible inside, then try to carefully remove with help of some tool.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Well its a narrow region & I am unable to locate the Idol, I guess it not anymore in the place where it fell, that adds on to the pain [cry]. Will try again to carefully notice the spot, thanks for the input anyways [:)]

I think there will be no issues, you can use the car. May be you get rattling sound, or if it falls into the blower unit it might be a problem, so don't turn on the blower(fan) till the idol is removed..

I feel they will remove the dash to take it out or try some other things,that area is quite sensitive in the swift,i remember when they add front tints on swift they use to place alot of towels over that area as a small amount of water seeping inn would short the ecu,if your lucky they would try moving the ac position to knees & front windshield mode & blow it out into the filter area located near front passenger side.

Hi friends,

Its a worry on my mind [frustration]which I thought would share & get some usefuls Inputs. There was a small Idol struck on the dashboard of my Car (Swift VXI) which accidentally fell into the defogger near the front windshield :(. It causing a big restlessness for me & post this Iam having a second thought whether or not to use car untill I get this fixed. Please help if there is any DIY instructions that can help me fix this. Anyways would consider a visit to the service centre through [confused].

Regards.
Santosh V
take your car to service centre soon and get it fixed. Till you do that you will be restless. dont switch on AC till you do that.

No issues i hope . it will be stuck some where, else if slides down further it may be resting on cooling coil

No chances of being found in blower ,
Because air from blower pass by touching the cooling coil and is felt by us with vents.

Thread Starter #8
Hi Friends,

With all your useful & Valuable inputs keeping me calm & patient I visited Mandovi at GG Palya on 14th November 2012, had to wait long time for the Service Adviser to attend (as it was lunch hour) but the outcome was quiet good. The adviser came down checked he Car AC turned it ON said he has dropped the Idol & going forward it would not cause any harm if its inside. He also informed the Idol can be removed but for that the entire Dashboard needs to be removed & if once removed the company fitting will be lost. Keeping the later part in mind I got convinced not to take off the Idol & also I double checked infact triple checked that it will not cause any problems, which he assured.. I also was not quiet comfortable to get the whole dashboard removed so went with his advice. Thanks again for all your useful inputs [cheers]

No offences meant, but if i was you, i would have asked him to take the dashboard off and get the idol out. You never know when it might drop into some troublesome spot. Dashboard removal isnt a very big deal. I am not very amazed with this reaction of the SA since most of these Authorized service centre guys have great reasons to let off their work.

Thread Starter #10
Hi Akash,

I still have the option running in my mind, well I would surely take your opinion on this & would like to check with couple of more service centers. Thanks for voicing out the concern :)

Regards.

Thread Starter #12
Well any updates? was it out? I hope the gods didn't mind having stuck there for such a long time :)
Hey hi,

Guys the question I have now is, I have not taken the Idol out as the SA told me it will not be a problem as it will stay in the AC duct he also did scare me saying he can get the Idol out but for that he has to remove the whole dashboard assembly, steering wheel & etc things. I was also informed that once this is removed & put back in the company fitting will be lost & may result in improper fitting. Now am really concerned about the second part[confused]. So need your input again. Should I get the dashboard & take out the Idol or leave it there. SA was quiet confident in saying its a known issue & will not cause any problem. Please help guys.

Regards
Santosh

350Z

Core Team
I'm afraid that letting the idol rest there can cause rattle but then, removing the dashboard and not fitting it properly can cause even bigger rattles. Going by SE's words - it appears as if he himself isn't confident and competent enough about their own work.

Drive Safe,
350Z

No offences meant, but if i was you, i would have asked him to take the dashboard off and get the idol out. You never know when it might drop into some troublesome spot. Dashboard removal isnt a very big deal. I am not very amazed with this reaction of the SA since most of these Authorized service centre guys have great reasons to let off their work.
I'm afraid that letting the idol rest there can cause rattle but then, removing the dashboard and not fitting it properly can cause even bigger rattles. Going by SE's words - it appears as if he himself isn't confident and competent enough about their own work.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I agree with both Akash and Vibhor.

If I were at your place, I would have removed it during first 24 hours. I seriously fail to understand that why and what are you waiting for ? Just assume if something happens to some component, will that SA would take the responsibility ? He would not look at you, forget about taking the responsibility.

I am really sorry for being harsh but be practical and take a wise call. I am sure this is not the situation, which you cannot overcome.

All the best [thumbsup]

My dash was removed cos glass pieces had gone in during an accident,they are no rattles or visible problems with the dash considering when ever the car is on the woofer is blowing so all that company fitment story is kinda non sense,another tip, keep your ac in re-circulatory mode so that dust & leaves dont get into the ac,i accidentally put it to exterior mode now i have to get it cleaned as dust & leaves are actually making rattling noise when the ac or blower is above 2.

Last edited:

Top Bottom