Front Bull Bars / Crash Guard – Yes or No?

Do You Prefer Installing Front Guards?

• Total voters
A big no from my side .

Forget a major accident , a slight heavier accident like rear ending a bus cause the force to the chassis which will be felt by you. Slight mis align of chassis may also occur.

No is the best choice big or small car!

strictly no from me for steel ones but small ones on SUVs looks not bad and hatches and sedans BIG no.

But actually on second thought i like the old generation M800 and Santro with bull bars fitted in the front. I feel it kind of enhances the looks for both the cars.

Re: Front Bull Bars – Yes or No?

for look only on SUV then yes but they do more damage but at low speed they help lot . never choose bull bar which placed on chassis

This weekend, some bike / scooter has nudged my new Scorpio from back and I saw a bad scar on it [surprise] yesterday. I'm not sure where and when this happened .. maybe someone hit it when it was parked on road while we went shopping.. though I know we cannot live without these scars on Bangalore roads but it just pinches when it happens to new baby :(

Anyway so I was thinking of installing bull bar or nudge guards on my Hawk. But after seeing all the reviews, I guess I will not. I also don't like these too much but was thinking from safety perspective from two/three wheels on the roads.

Does anyone know if we have touchup paints available for patching up the bumpers?? Mine is rocky beige color?

Regards - Amit

hmm..com paint like touch up paints are there but donno if it comes in that colour..this is going OT discuss it in different thread!!

Can you post the pics Amith.

And don't go for rear bull bars, they wont look good.
I was offered free front bull bar during the deal , so went for the chrome one's.

The Bull bar gives muscle look for SUV(especially for Scorpio & Safari),

for sedans & hatchback it looks wired.

AMG

Suspended

The bull bar undoubtedly look good, but can be hazardous.

As for me, I wouldnt put them on my SUV.

Thread Starter #27

350Z

Core Team
Yet another reason to avoid bull bars / nudge bars. Quoting the warning text directly from my Fiesta’s manual.
Ford Fiesta Manual said:
“Fitment of certain accessories e.g. Bull Bars or nudge bars may cause inadvertent or premature deployment of airbags. Do not modify front of the vehicle in any way as this can adversely affect the airbag deployment.”
Drive Safe,
350Z

This is a very subjective topic, yet interesting. Do you think that installing the front bull bars is worth it? They do help to prevent front-end damages and also protect the occupants in case of small crash BUT what in case of a major accident? It is obvious that car’s body is designed to absorb crashes but when a front guard is installed, it is joined directly with body and could quite certainly cause an ill affect in terms of a major damage to vehicle as well as ones sitting inside.

Drive Safe,
350Z
The X-over says"No" .These things are dangerous not only to the pedestrians but also to the car's chassis and also to the frontn passengers as airbag deployment may get affected due to these lethal bull bars.Government and police should put everyone who uses these directly to jail unbailable for 6 months.This should knock sense into people who use it.

I voted Yes. But it depends on the vehicle. SUVs like Scorpio, Safari, Bolero, etc... can have one to look nice.

But reading all the safety related issues, I'm having second thoughts.

Top Bottom