Free Flow Exhaust: Pros and Cons?

Well its not that something is wrong with the commisioner,But the truth is that FFE's are really only for use on the tracks and FFE's are most definitely illegal.
If you want it badly,then you can get it. But you will have to deal with the law if it gets to you. And in Bangalore also the cops are on the look out for FFE's and expansion chambers. The trick is to ride with a light throttle in the city and floor only when you are out of the cop zone.

Yep kinda , it causes sound pollution! you are caught by that!
And when they check the car for emission norm , they will fail to meet one.

Selling ffe is my business , though i should not reveal them , that is the truth

still ffe sales are going good.

well shonty you got me to worry now. :-)
anyways. i am still not able to convince dad. he says the car sounds like a tractor with FFE. dhaya said it right. all dad's are like that. :-)
ilango, is it illegal to have a FFE?
dont revv infront of dad lol. i also keep the throttle less. keeps him happy in the city, & me on the open road when i floor to the max[evil] damn the roar makes me crazy. costs 2.5k here. if u want it pm me.

Thread Starter #19
well my dad drives the car too. that's the cause for concern. at my place the cops are not so very strict to stop a car with FFE and slap bills on them. infact they don't even know what a FFE is.

well my dad drives the car too. that's the cause for concern. at my place the cops are not so very strict to stop a car with FFE and slap bills on them. infact they don't even know what a FFE is.
Cool.. anyways contact automech, they do make silent exhausts i.e. not too loud but u will still get the sporty sound u want, and will be tolerable by uncle becoz i m sure he wont revv above 6k rpm[cry]

Re: Free Flow Exhaust for Alto: Pros and Cons?

I need a good FFE with performance air filter., how much it will cost and who will do it in cochin kerala, masters please advice

Hi vandiprantha automech has a franchisee in cochin, you can find it at their website. I think pete's sell them too. Apart from that there are a lot of local people doing it, but none of them including automech or other biggies do it right, no calculations, no flow testing, no nothing, just a fat pipe with a muffler of ur choice of noise.

Performance airfilter's in reality kill your engine faster. They have bigger pores than oe specs which sucks in more dust particles into the CC. Better do a simple CAI with some folds of filter paper coupled with a long hose. Or you can also contact arrowhead filters gurgaon, they fabricate a custom filter with better than oe specs.

Last edited:

Arungn thanks for the info man., I will try to contact them.

Planning to fix an header in my 800, can i just get the header and retain my end can so that there will no noice ? Or can I get the end can fabricated so that the noice is less..
Will FFE effect in any terms in the mileage.
Please suggest.

is FFE available for Diesel cars? I heard that there is even an air filter that could change the sound of the car to a good sporty roar. Would be pleased to know about it even though my father won't allow me to install it. [thinking]

Re: Free Flow Exhaust for DIESEL :) Pros and Cons?

is FFE available for Diesel cars? I heard that there is even an air filter that could change the sound of the car to a good sporty roar. Would be pleased to know about it even though my father won't allow me to install it. [thinking]
Ya you do have them,but they have some level of restriction still cos a diesel engine thrives on torque,making it a complete free flow wont exactly help in this case,A friend had an exhaust can bought off the shelf for his Pajero diesel & i knew a custom job on a sumo(mind you it was tastefully done,including suspension mods etc,so no regular tata sumo) & it was loud,sounded more like one of those Ford Ikons with a free flow,
I am guessing your looking one for a polo diesel?
Sorry for going off topic!

Last edited:

Ya you do have them,but they have some level of restriction still cos a diesel engine thrives on torque,making it a complete free flow wont exactly help in this case,A friend had an exhaust can bought off the shelf for his Pajero diesel & i knew a custom job on a sumo(mind you it was tastefully done,including suspension mods etc,so no regular tata sumo) & it was loud,sounded more like one of those Ford Ikons with a free flow,
I am guessing your looking one for a polo diesel?
Sorry for going off topic!
Good to hear that. But no use anyway (Don't have Permission to change OEM Stuffs)

Got the FFE installed on my 800, will post the complete review later..
Cost 8000 rs..
that's cool, I would surely love to hear that + the review!

Top Bottom