Free Flow Exhaust: Pros and Cons?

Re: Free Flow Exhaust for Alto: Pros and Cons?

Got the FFE installed on my 800, will post the complete review later..
Cost 8000 rs..
Congrats man[clap]. Really want to read the review and do post some pictures and video to hear the roar. I am sure that the Sound of FFE is a treat to your ears.

Last edited:

Hi Friends, its been few months, my car with FFE is doing fine. The only thing bothering me is the rusting on the pipes.

Is there any paint which can be used on it ? (Heat Resistant)

Heat resistant paint (aerosol can) - Costs about Rs380-450 and can withstand upto 600 degree C. works well on new MS pipe but you may need to do a good prep job on rusted pipes. This may not hold well on the exhaust manifold thought.

Its available in a few hardware stores and some automotive stores that sell paint, glass sealant, putty etc.

Guys, I'm planning to go in for a free flow exhaust. Not the full system but it's just going to be the muffler part of free flow exhaust. PLease suggest and what all i need to consider here.

You won't be able to get the benefits of an actual free flow.The muffler will help you get some sound.

Just get the work done from an experienced tuner.Make sure the part that you are getting is made of stainless steel.It will last longer.

You won't be able to get the benefits of an actual free flow.The muffler will help you get some sound.

Just get the work done from an experienced tuner.Make sure the part that you are getting is made of stainless steel.It will last longer.
I'm actually from Chennai. Can anybody guide me where to get this done from a good reputed guy? I also need to know what will be done. Will they be making a new free flow muffler? Can i choose the size and everything ?

I'm actually from Chennai. Can anybody guide me where to get this done from a good reputed guy? I also need to know what will be done. Will they be making a new free flow muffler? Can i choose the size and everything ?
A good tuner will use optimum diameter of pipes to make the end-can.Larger diameter pipes are not always good, especially in small displacement engines.It will screw up your performance.

Try to get one made in Stainless steel, it will last longer.With a noisy exhaust you are bound to get caught by cops.

I have a free flow exhaust with the stock silencer.All the performance,without the sound.

Last edited:

Guys, I have finally zeroed in on the freeflow for my Alto 07' model for 4100 rupees. It's a HKS Muffler. Please guide me on whether i can go ahead with this HKS exhaust ,piping part etc. I am attaching two pictures for reference. One is The HKS Exhaust and the next is my stock muffler location and piping.

P.S. I think i will have to go with custom piping because my stock piping is 6 years old and it has rusted. If i am going for custom piping, then should i maintain the same diameter or increase the diameter? I also drilled some holes in the stock muffler for the ffe effect :biggrin:

Attachments

That tail pipe/end can is a straight pipe and there is no room to fit it at the rear bumper in your car as the rear axle and panhard rod mounts come in the way.

You should go for a custom made tail pipe/end can instead of that one.

If you go for the HKS end can you will have to cut the rear bumper and still will have to check if the end can will clean that V shaped mount. I have attached a pic to show this.

Attachments

Last edited:
That's what i was thinking about. Now what to do? Can somebody please throw some light on this. I had earlier seen a video in youtube, An Alto K10 had an HKS exhaust.

Okay, Instead of directing the can straightly, Can i direct it to the left side. Such that the entire exhaust is seen from the behind?

Like this...

Sorry for the bad PS.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom