Formalities For Importing a Car / Bike To India

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Re: Regulations for Importing cars in India.

Welcome aboard, Ali. How can I help you?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #18

350Z

Core Team
Re: How to import a used car..

You’re looking to import what car and from which country? Some tempting used cars cost cheap in nations like Japan but Indian custom duties become a spoilsport.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team

Volkswagen Beetle is available in India. It’ll be cheaper to get a second hand rather than importing one. However, the problem is that it’s petrol and quite rare to find.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #22

350Z

Core Team

Typically a used Beetle (2009 Model) ranges around Rs.10 - 13 Lakh in Delhi. This of course depends on condition and several other factors.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Import car to India advise.

Hi

I've been looking around for this information for a while now and can not find any definitive answer.

I am looking to import a new and used car into India but not under the Transfer of Residence due to my nationality.

I've read it's pretty impossible to import a car into india without TR and so I wanted to pursue with importing a brand new one.

Please can someone advise me on what the method is, I've contacted numerous customs agents and they all keep saying they can only do it under TR.

I'd be grateful for any information and any agents that can assist me.

Also can tractors can be freely imported into india?

Thank you so much in advance.

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team
Re: Import car to India advise.

I am looking to import a new and used car into India but not under the Transfer of Residence due to my nationality.

I've read it's pretty impossible to import a car into india without TR and so I wanted to pursue with importing a brand new one.

Please can someone advise me on what the method is, I've contacted numerous customs agents and they all keep saying they can only do it under TR.
It more or less depends on the purpose of importing a vehicle. You can import a car under EPCG scheme in case it’s for commercial purpose. However, if bringing for personal use, then it’s a different ball game. There are several strings attached when it comes to importing a second hand car to India. Most feasible option is to import a brand new considering one has sufficient budget since various taxes and duties end up making a car more than double of its actual price. There are some well-known dealerships (such as Magus Cars which is located in Delhi) that take care of the hassles involved in importing a new car to India. You might want to approach them for further information.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Importing Range Rover

Hi
I am looking at importing a Range Rover.
Can anyone give me some advise or information how to do so?

Kind Regards
Marksal

Top Bottom