Ford's New Small Car Named Figo (Specification on Pg.12)

IMHO, Micra might not be a competition to Figo though I personally like Nissan cars. I have driven them and that is how I can say so.
But with a thin dealership network and unknown service quality, it is not going to blow away the market, for sure. Look at Polo for example, it is not able to get its sales up yet.

I actually feel Germans are the best when it comes to Engineering but selling it in India is a different ball game.

The price hike with Figo will not be too much as to disturb the rythm. Ford has taken a totally different approach with Figo as compared to their other models and they would not want this hike news to spoil it.

Yes I also think Micra and Etios will not have much impact to current sales trend, but i am also sure that in future, these cars will make their presense felt.

Sales is different ball-game. The pricing is the most important factor in sales. Beat is now settling down from initial hopla, and its sales is below to Spark now.
Figo also has excellent start, but it will not conitnue like this longer. Though it will continue to be selling in big numbers.

350Z

Core Team
The price mentioned on Ford’s website is similar as of earlier. Seems Ford has not increased any pricing of the car yet.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Have a look at these pictures of disguised Ford Figo with different tail lamps. Now what can this be, A face lift so soon? I doubt.

Ford_Figo_test_mule.jpg

Ford_Figo_test_mule_2.jpg
Image Courtesy: IndianAutosBlog

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Come on, that’s not a personal car for sure. The stripes and number plate behind rear glass are enough to prove same. But yeah, the sports model thing does make a li’l sense.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Look at this the more logical way. I don't feel Ford will introduce the 1.6 so soon. Maybe their supplier base has changed and the tail-lamp parts have been newly introduced (anyway most people are not going to notice that change, as it is very minute.) But yes, it could also be the 1.6S. If it is, then HURRAY!!!! [cheers]

Ford Figo Reaches 25,000 Booking Milestone In Almost 100 Days

Figo is just creating record after record.
I have not seen any recent launches which is so big hit.[thumbsup]
With more than 25,000 sales bookings registered since its launch in March, the Ford Figo has cemented its reputation as one of India’s most in demand new cars.
“Reaching the 25,000 sales booking milestone in close to 100 days continues the Figo’s remarkable rise and rise in popularity among Indian consumers,” said Michael Boneham, president and managing director, Ford India.
“Figo’s success has exceeded expectations in terms of sales and target markets. Our debut compact car offering is being very well received by a wide range of customers and this response has been instrumental in our efforts to increase market share.”
Targeting more than 70 percent of the country’s prospective new vehicle buyers, the popular Figo has helped drive growth in all markets (Tier I, II and III) across India.
In the January-June period, Ford sales volume, on a year-to-year basis, doubled in Tier 1 markets including Mumbai (234%); Chennai (279%) and Delhi and the NCR region (223%). In terms of regional sales, there was a similar response - east (339%); west (277%), north (212%) and south (127%). Big gains – double, and in some cases, triple fold growth - were registered in Tier II markets such as Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Pune, Kochi, Coimbatore, Indore, Bhopal and Jaipur and Tier III markets such as Dehradun, Trichy, Nashik, Aurangabad and Kanpur.
In addition to strong internal demand, Ford India has also recently celebrated it first export order of 1,200 Ford Figos to Ford Motor Company in South Africa. Overall, the Figo has helped Ford India record more than double the volumes of 235% year-on-year in half year sales, selling a total of 32,755 vehicles compared to 13,897 units last year.
Ford Figo Reaches 25,000 Booking Milestone In Almost 100 Days CarWale News

Top Bottom