Ford's Extended Warranty: A Beautiful SCAM!!!

I have had suspensions replaced under warranty for XUV at 80000kms and Verito Vibe around 60000kms, both covered by mahindra extended warranty. It was hassle free, they only called to inform and authorise the replacement. In the bill, both the labour and parts regarding that were free.

50% is bit of a relief but you should have received 100%.

From a very legal standpoint, warranty is only applicable to a potential manufacturing defect which results in failure during normal operation. If you cannot prove that the fault happened due to manufacturing defect, it is very hard to get replacement under warranty, extended or not. Most times, we would be forced to agree with the service staff on the manufacturer.

One other way is to get an independent automobile engineer's report for the fault by getting a survey done. That way, even if you approach consumer forum (for really expensive replacements, this may be the only option to legally force them to honour the warranty), you at least have documentary evidence to back your claim.

Last edited:
Hi, i am facing a similar issue with respect to leaking suspension and shockers. Ford has denied replacement under warranty. Could you please share the contact details of Mr. Anurag Mehrotra, trust that he should be helpful in attending to my issue. Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom