Ford Service Center Requesting To Dismantle The Engine

Thread Starter #1
I own a Ford Ecosport of June 2021 make which broke down on 03.11.2021 and subsequently, with the help of Ford RSA, went to Service Center for repairs.

The undersigned was informed that the Engine is misfiring and the car will be diagnosed and I will be suitably informed.

On 06.11.2021, the service center infomed that they were unable to diagnose the problem and requested for Service History in order to consult Ford, Chennai. The same was submitted on the same date.

On 09.11.2021, I was informed that the Chennai Plant has advised to send the Fuel Assembly / injectors to the plant for rectification at their end. The undersigned gave consent for the same.

On 18.11.2021, I was informed that now the Plant has requested to dismantle the engine and submit a report on the parts thereof, which was denied by the undersigned.

To dismantle a barely 06 month old the vehicle's engine makes no sense. Further, as much as I understand, it severely affects the car's performance holistically.

Kindly clarify in this regard that why is this necessary? and if will it not affect the vehicle in anyway?
Shall I give consent?

deville_56

Honoured Member
Maybe they suspect a manufacturing issue with the engine or more internal problems, which necessitate opening up the engine. After effect depends on the skills of the dealer mechanic. Dealer here is experienced with so much rebuilding of Fiesta engines, so even the 1L crossed rebuilt engine won't feel any different. It's hard from owner's POV for his brand-new car, but some things are inevitable for a trouble-free long run.

Thread Starter #3

Maybe they suspect a manufacturing issue with the engine or more internal problems, which necessitate opening up the engine. After effect depends on the skills of the dealer mechanic. Dealer here is experienced with so much rebuilding of Fiesta engines, so even the 1L crossed rebuilt engine won't feel any different. It's hard from owner's POV for his brand-new car, but some things are inevitable for a trouble-free long run.
@deville_56 shall I go for it?

Thread Starter #5
UPDATE URGENT HELP

With respect to the above concern, the dealership informed that the engine is completely damaged and needs replacement and accordingly consulted Ford India. On further follow up, I was informed that due to adulterated fuel lead to the engine damage which is not covered under the warranty. This is a complete shock to me.
Further, on 03.11.2021, when the car broke down, i took the car to another ford service Center in the same city due to the fan running on high speed very frequently and an engine light which came a few days ago and automatically went off just to be sure that it was not a major issue. The dealership inspected the car and gave it a okay report. Just as drove the car for 20 kms from dealership the car broke down. Now the dealership I’m currently dealing with is claiming adulterated fuel.
Does the car not have any warning system in case of adulterated fuel?
does the service center who diagnosed the car in the morning could figure out that the fuel is not okay?
Please help

I don't think Ecosport has a system to detect adulterated fuel, but if water is in the fuel, it will pop in probably the malfunction warning, and you need to scan to find the particular error code.
I suspect your service centre is covering up something. Even in case of adulterated fuel, they can't deny warranty.
My friend's Swift diesel had a fuel pump issue, suspected to be of fuel adulteration, but that was replaced under warranty.

deville_56

Honoured Member
I don't think Ecosport has a system to detect adulterated fuel, but if water is in the fuel, it will pop in probably the malfunction warning, and you need to scan to find the particular error code.
I suspect your service centre is covering up something. Even in case of adulterated fuel, they can't deny warranty.
My friend's Swift diesel had a fuel pump issue, suspected to be of fuel adulteration, but that was replaced under warranty.
True that. Have a word with the other dealer and try contacting Ford customer care directly.

Thread Starter #8
True that. Have a word with the other dealer and try contacting Ford customer care directly.
But if the fuel was adulterated, the car must have shown signs like power lag or something, and it should have been detected by the service center I visited that morning, which didn’t happen and the service center gave me a green light and the I drove the car for about 20 Km and it broke down. What options do I have?

I am constantly in touch with Ford Customer care too. They told that internal meeting is going own. Everyone I try to contact from Customer care to dealership is kind off trying to ignore me and giving me vague replies.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Wait for their decision. As much as possible, deal with emails for documented proof. Also get a detailed report of the damage like extent of damage, cause, estimate for repair, etc. Also have a talk with the second dealer about it.

Thread Starter #10
Finally! Some good news. On follow up with higher officials at Ford India I was informed that the engine replacement will be done under warranty. Plus I will be getting taxi allowance @ ₹ 600/- per day starting today till the time I get the car back. There is one catch, i will have to pay for the consumables in the repair process which will be around ₹ 10k - 12k. Breath of relief.
Thanks to all of you for the support. I highly appreciate it. I'll update once I get the car back.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Finally! Some good news. On follow up with higher officials at Ford India I was informed that the engine replacement will be done under warranty. Plus I will be getting taxi allowance @ ₹ 600/- per day starting today till the time I get the car back. There is one catch, i will have to pay for the consumables in the repair process which will be around ₹ 10k - 12k. Breath of relief.
Thanks to all of you for the support. I highly appreciate it. I'll update once I get the car back.
Good to Know.
The Quality of fuel we get here are often patchy, but its never bad enough to completely ruin an engine.
What do they mean by "Damaged" As in broken Valves, Con-Rods? Or Electronics / Injectors?
Keep us posted.

Top Bottom