Ford Recalls Figo & Fiesta Classic For Rear Twist Beam Replacement

Re: Ford Recalls 1L Figo, classic

The company said it is inspecting both gasoline and diesel variants of the Classic manufactured between January 2008 and December 2010 and those of the Figo made from March 2010 to December 2010 for a possible crack in the rear twist beam.

The crack can cause an abnormal noise which can lead to diminished performance, and even render the vehicle inoperable, the company said in an emailed statement Monday.

It is also recalling gasoline variants of the Figo and the Classic made between September 2010 and February 2011 because of oil leaks from the power-steering hose.

It is possible for the fluid used in the power-steering system "to come into contact with the vehicle's exhaust components, creating potential for smoke and, in extreme cases, fire," the company said.

Ford didn't say how many vehicles it is recalling or what will be the cost.

Ford launched the Figo, its first small car in India, in March 2010. The model has helped Ford revive sales in the country as it allowed the company to offer a product at price points which are preferred by a majority in India where nearly two-thirds of all cars sold are small hatchbacks.

The auto maker was banking heavily on local suppliers for the Figo to keep its costs low. The company buys nearly 85% of the Figo's parts from local suppliers.

Kudos to ford for the recall .hope other car makers follw the suit and recall the cars which have inherent problems .
well maybe its great move by ford but imho problem shouldnt have happened on first place!

I got the RTB replaced yesterday. It was a smooth process. FAA said they cannot service near my home (Abids Area, Hyderabad) and the car needs to be taken to Balanagar (about 20 KM away from my home).

I have asked if they can pick up and they said yes. The car was picked up at the right time and later I went to take the delivery.

See attached files for the picture of Old and new RTB.

The Service adviser was very nice but did not give me details of where the actual issue is (may be they are not suppose to say).

Great job Ford and yes Thanks for changing the RTB for me.

Attachments

Top Bottom