Ford Ranger Spotted – Will it Ever Come to India?

350Z, did it have a red number plate? Or was it some other color. Test mules usually have red number plates with white lettering. This one is the older generation Ranger, the new one (T6) will underpin the next gen model expected in India in the next 24 months.
Yesterday I saw BMW X1 with red plates and white letter KL-07 AXXXXX tailgaiting me and honk honk. i let it pass and followed.

The engine specs and detail were written on fuel lid.like 135KW,177bhp,Eoro-5 fuel efficient etc.
never knew it was test mule before i read this thread.!!!

Thanks for the pictures Saravana.
I believe Ford has some concrete plans to launch Ford Ranger in India.

Thread Starter #20

350Z

Core Team
Great catch, Saravana. I'm doubtful about this one coming to India because it is the Pre-facelift model.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Ya this car is under testing!![:)] I asked the guy driving he said we are just testing the car performance in chennai traffic!![:D] I shud say he was driving it like a sports car!
thanks for information

ilango[speed thirst];96058 said:
Good work saravana!

last time where they were testing the facelift ford ikon , they masked all the badges.

But the ranger is not masked!
i think they don't expect auto enthusiast to run behind this car

my god how do you get such pictures in the nick of time ? do you keep a camera ready to shoot in your cars.when i think of clicking there is no camera or the mobile has no memory left. kudos to for all who gets us to see such snaps.

A pickup is a car that can haul and is meant for independent contractors that also use it as a car while managing a given work, such as construction, etc.

In India, i wonder if hauling stuff with a car that gives a low mileage would be considered economical.

A pickup truck is also a lifestyle car. This type of truck is for do-it-yourself guys that haul their own furniture, take care of their home renovation needs, etc.

In India, I wonder how many people actually fall into this category, for skill, enthusiasm and other reasons.

And by the way, ranger is the cheapest truck offering from Ford. The real ones begin from F150 onwards.

this one has red number plate means it could be test subject :P

It doesn't need to be a test subject if its with Red Plate( We call it TCR trade certificate registration number plate) The manufacturers bring some cars from their home country for their purpose like for their Employee usage or Some Company use. I saw a ford Endeavour Pickup comes to MM nagar petrol bunk for filling up some barrels of diesel for the plant use.

And the dealers will also use the TCR plates to take the new vehicles to the RTO.

I got some news that ford is working on some new Mid size SUV. I will try to get more news from a pal who is in ford.

Top Bottom