Ford May Launch Kuga in India

Re: Ford May Launch Kuga in India in 2014

Brother the kuga is much more bigger and looks more premium then the Ecosport in real .
Yup, the pics @raja posted from USA were awesome and looked really dynamic in styling and had a superb crossover proportion to it

Wow, things are getting exciting at Ford. Bold move with the diesel powertrain considering the recent bans.
It will be exciting to see it getting launched with EcoBoost engines.

Thats great news, Ford has a line up that has no cars between the 14-24 lakhs range assuming Endeavor gets priced from 24 lakhs on wards, so the Kuga could complete that gap say by pricing it between 16-22 lakhs or so
The Kuga has again moved to an even newer form in US
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhiDlYjoX_k
So will we get the latest Kuga or a pre face lift if at all ts going to make it here?
the other car Fords planning for India is a Fiesta replacement a its code named B500 and will most probably be showcased or will be hinted at Auto Expo 2016,
Also Ford is also planning a 7 seat MPV like the Mobilio based on Fords B526 platform that is the current Figo platform, so lots of choices circling the arena for Ford

This new kuga certainly looks good.It can compete with XUV if it is priced properly.It should be priced between ecosport & endeavour

If they can get the Kugga/ Escape with 2.0 Diesel and Petrol 1.5 Ecoboost, it will be really exciting.

Per the video the international Kugga has Start Stop Technology, which is equal to Suzuki's SHVS, so should benefit from lower Exise Duty. And the US version is sold with 1.5 Liter and 2.0 Liter Ecoboost Engines.

Last edited:
Since Ford has imported Kuga, I think they'll be displaying it at the Auto Expo and gauge the public response for it. I have seen it in US last year and it is very attractive car. It also has option of 5 & 7 seater, that will be advantage when it launches here. A very good & prospective car for Ford i would say.

Ford should aim it at 15-25 lakhs segment and position it between Ecosport & Endeavour.

If they can get the Kugga/ Escape with 2.0 Diesel and Petrol 1.5 Ecoboost, it will be really exciting.

Per the video the international Kugga has Start Stop Technology, which is equal to Suzuki's SHVS, so should benefit from lower Exise Duty. And the US version is sold with 1.5 Liter and 2.0 Liter Ecoboost Engines.
The Kuga if at all launched in India will have lots of omissions from what the US/Euro spec cars will have, and predominantly there will be just a diesel option a 2.0 150 HP 360 NM diesel with Manual 6 speed, and a 180 HP 2.0 TDCi with 400 NM and Powershift Wet clutch DCT, the petrol ecoboost is highly unlikely for India.
Start/Stop etc wont make it to Indian versions as the diesels dont have this feature, its only for ecoboosts

Since Ford has imported Kuga, I think they'll be displaying it at the Auto Expo and gauge the public response for it. I have seen it in US last year and it is very attractive car. It also has option of 5 & 7 seater, that will be advantage when it launches here. A very good & prospective car for Ford i would say.

Ford should aim it at 15-25 lakhs segment and position it between Ecosport & Endeavour.
The Kuga dosent offer 7 seats, its a 5 seater SUV based on Ford Global C platform that spawns Ford Focus,Ford C Max,Ford Kuga,, this platform dosent support 7 seat option.

Ford to launch its SUV -Kuga in India?

To cash in on the SUV demand, Ford is likely to launch its SUV Kuga in 2017/18 in India.
When launched will be a segment between the Ecosport and Endeavour.
Will rival Hyundai's Tucson, Mahindra's XUV, top variants of Hyundai's Creta and Renault's Duster.
The Kuga is spied testing in India,

Ford-Kuga.jpg

Source

Last edited:
Re: Ford to launch its SUV -Kuga in India?

To cash in on the SUV demand, Ford is likely to launch its SUV Kuga in 2017/18 in India.
When launched will be a segment between the Ecosport and Endeavour.
Ford has definitely tasted success with their latest UV offerings, EcoSport and Endeavor, in our market. Brand perception of Ford is increasing after their emphasis on low maintenance and efforts for our market. Good option for EcoSport customers who can't afford Endeavour to stay in the brand.

I am sure this will be a grand success if priced right. Not many UVs are present in the price bracket between Creta, XUV and Fortuner, Endeavour.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:
Re: Ford to launch its SUV -Kuga in India?

Hi,
This looks like the soon to be launched Isuzu Mu-X . The reflectors,tail lamps and size are a giveaway.

Regards

This is very good news indeed if Ford can bring KUGA to India. I can relate to the comments on ride and handling being an owner of All new Fiesta. Can't get enough of the steering of Ford. I would love to have it in my garage any day.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

We will be checking out the Global CUV of Ford at the preview on 31st January. Do stay tuned. I suppose it will be the Kuga. Detailed coverage of the preview assured[:)]

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom