Ford launches Ikon Plus

Its time the curtains are pulled on the ikon. Facelift notwithstanding,better cars are available today. Once the etios sedan comes, it will be coffin for ikon/accent. The newer entry levels like dzire/manza will face stiffer competition.
etios? dude isn't toyota going to price it in linea/city segment? I heard this somewhere. so how will it compete with ikon?
for now only manza is a big threat to ikon.

Don't forget the Dzire!!
And I suspect the facelifted Logan is hoping to corner some sales too!!
Vwry true. Etios is no a threat toIkon in any way, But Dzire and LLogan are especially the Dzire whose sales remained unfluctuated even after the launch of Manza which affected he sales of other sedans.

No point in launching a facelifted model of Ikon now! They could have better phased out Ikon and introduced a new entry level Sedan with futuristic design.

BTW isnt the Ikon heavy on pocket in terms of maintenance? I think this will stop the buyers from going for this. A Dzire is better anyday in terms of maintenance! But correct if am wrong. I have heard many people mentioning Ikon is difficult to maintain with costly spares. That is why i mentioned this!

Well, most car companies will have problems matching MSIL spare prices ... but I too have heard that Ford parts are costly.

Well, most car companies will have problems matching MSIL spare prices ... but I too have heard that Ford parts are costly.
True, and the availabitlity of spares is the major issue, this is what i have heard from most of the Fusion owners. I think Niel who owns a Ford can very well tell us about the current scenario.

Etios is expected to be launched at 5-7 lakh bracket. So a fully loaded ikon will probably get you a basic etios. Agreed, the competition is not head to head. For someone like me, I would prefer a bland toyota to a fully loaded ikon purely for toyota reliability. Had etios been available today, I would have bought it instead of the Dzire. You just can't go wrong with a Toyota. Never.

Hey Sachin but the one you are talking about is the Etios Hatch at 5-7L. The Etios Saloon is expected to be around 9-10L and will be competing with City directly! So the Ikon which we are talking here is surely VFM!

Hey Sachin but the one you are talking about is the Etios Hatch at 5-7L. The Etios Saloon is expected to be around 9-10L and will be competing with City directly! So the Ikon which we are talking here is surely VFM!
Absolutely correct. The 5-7lac bracket is for the Etios hatch and the sedan will cost around 9lacs+ as cooldhaya said, so it is nowhere close to the Ikon. The hot seller of this segment is the Swift Dzire which still has months of waiting periods.

Ford is getting cheaper now a days!

The spares are available & they are improving. After the lauch of Figo, they will start their golden days again.

Top Bottom