Ford launches Ikon Plus

Thread Starter #1

US car maker Ford on Thuesday launched a new variant of its entry-level sedan Ikon priced at Rs 5.17-5.77 lakh (ex-showroom New Delhi).

The new Ford Ikon Plus will be available in both petrol and diesel options and comes with added security features, Ford India said in a statement.

Economictimes

Seriously.. It looks like they are clearing stocks by giving some new features & alloys,etc.
I also think so. Ford may be planning a facelift hence clearing stocks by introducing such variants.
Agree with Zinam, Ikon is still a great car to drive, only a major facelift will help the car make a hard hit on sales of other entry level sedan. Also Ford must work on their dealerships to gain confidence of their customers in the same manner as GM Chevrolet did recently.

I somehow feel that the Ikon, like the Esteem history.
But lets see what the future holds in store!!

I mean they are clearing stocks & will be discontinuing the Ikon now.

The great 1.6 ROCAM engine was replaced by 1.6 duratec in fiesta as it was more efficient & advanced in tech.
The fiesta is also known for its handling like the ikon was.

If they launch a new Ikon with abs,airbags,some body changes,etc the price will rise to 7 lakhs & it will compete against their own product (Fiesta) [lol]

So thats the reason i think Ikon will be discontinued [;)]

But they can relaunch Ikon with a nice face and better features in the entry level(sedan) segment.
I dont think Ford has any plans of discomtinuing Ikon since its not long when Ikon was launched with this face. I think Ikon has been around with this face for just an year or two.

350Z

Core Team
The 1.6 Liter unit in ikon was phased out to avoid confliction with Fiesta which was newly introduced in the market. Ford ikon plus seems to be nothing other than an effort to push slow sales of ageing ikon. It’s a nice car and was quite popular product on those early days but with the time, As the better technology equipped cars have rolled out, the ikon has lost its charm among public. However, The face-lifted ikon managed well the revive the hype but only for short period of time.

Ford India must consider giving ikon a new lease of life by introducing a all new model which should at least match with the standards of latest cars in the segment like Indigo Manza and Maruti Swift dZire.Giving an updated name with addition of few safety features is pointless.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I fully agree. ikon is on the last legs and really needs a better replacement.
same story is with accent too! these are old cars and their successors should be launched soon. Accent and ikon hardly sells i guess.

Maruti took a wise step by phasing out the esteem and launching dzire.

Its time the curtains are pulled on the ikon. Facelift notwithstanding,better cars are available today. Once the etios sedan comes, it will be coffin for ikon/accent. The newer entry levels like dzire/manza will face stiffer competition.

Top Bottom