Ford India: Your Dealership Cheated Us

today Mr.Lukas from sanvi ford nalgonda has contacted me over the phone and offering me a car from Hyundai.
Hyundai? i am surprised.
for the first time i am hearing ford selling/ promoting Hyundai cars.
so shall i digest it in this way? hyundai cars are better than ford from the ford dealers view.
Was he offering a new car or a used car?

@Akash: Saarji you called that a joke and that reached the right thread (here) instantly :biggrin:

Maybe this dealer has a sister Hyundai branch and they maybe thinking "lets sell him Hyundai if not Ford, let the money be with us" [glasses]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17
Was he offering a new car or a used car?

@Akash: Saarji you called that a joke and that reached the right thread (here) instantly :biggrin:

Maybe this dealer has a sister Hyundai branch and they maybe thinking "lets sell him Hyundai if not Ford, let the money be with us" [glasses]

you are rite. this dealer also has Hyundai showroom.
Guys I was dreaming about iceing my new car. but see what is all happening:(

Thread Starter #18
Thanks a lot TSIvipul.
Mr.anurag has replied to my email.
Here is the response from Mr.anurag ji.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Allow us to look into this asap.

^^Indeed, he is really quick at replying (if mailed at right time) and I hope he will definitely do something for you. Now wait for a couple of hours and see what happens.

Thread Starter #20
^^Indeed, he is really quick at replying (if mailed at right time) and I hope he will definitely do something for you. Now wait for a couple of hours and see what happens.

Am eagerly waiting to see what he is going to do.
Since today being Saturday I don't think this will move forward.
I will wait till Monday and will send him a remainder email.

Thread Starter #21
Today in the afternoon I got a phone call from Mr.vijay mohan managing director for sanvi ford.
He has apologized us several times for what had happened and gave us 2options.
1- refunding the money with interest.
2- taking ecosport by paying the cost difference.
Since I was not ready for the option 1. I asked him to give ecosport for no cost difference. Initially he was not ready for that. later he said he can give INR25000 discount on the ecosport titanium O 1.5 diesel model. Then the real bargaining has started and got continued for a while and got settled to INR1137000. Since I was not prepared for this cost difference I have asked him to take a postdated cheque for the difference amount that is INR130000 and give delivery of my car.
He accepted it and told me that he will send the car to my place.
But I wanted to check the car in detail before taking the delivery and decided to go to the showroom personally to take the delivery.
At around 6.45pm I and my brother reached the showroom. We were been welcomed by Mr.lukas and his other employees. Mr.lukas has completed all the formality's in an hour and gave us the keys. Meanwhile we were checking the car in detail and found the car in brand new condition.
They took
a long time to prepare the TR and insurance documents. It was 9pm we were set free to leave the showroom with our car.
On the way to the filling station the error light started glowing up and the a.c compressor was cut off.
We have decided to take the car back to the showroom. But my brother wanted to top up the tank since we were almost at the filling station.
Surprisingly every thing was back to normal ones the tank got top up.
Anyhow we went back to the showroom to ask them what was wrong with the car. They have explained us very well that this car behaves this way when the tank gets close to empty.
I was not aware of this cause I never experience this before with any of my cars.
At around 9pm we started back to our place.

Attachments

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
11.4 lacs (after discount) seems expensive for your model. Can you update the price list or tell us the ex showroom price. And congrats for your car.

Thread Starter #23
11.4 lacs (after discount) seems expensive for your model. Can you update the price list or tell us the ex showroom price. And congrats for your car.

I have approached other dealers for the same model and got the price of INR1174000.
Mine is ford ecosport 1.5 TDCI diesel titanium (O) model with 6 airbags.
Am not really sure of the X showroom price since the invoice is not with me at this time. Will surely update you on this tomorro.

@sbhokray
Fir of all accept my word of congrats buddy, no matter what but you have picked a better car and kudos to Ford India for being so quick in their response. As I always say "In India only two companies actually listen to customer - Ford and Mahindra; others simply try to ignore as long as it can go".
Ford has played their part and now it's your turn to take care that the cheque is cashed perfectly.

Rule of bargaining no. #420:
If the dealer isnt giving cash discount then ask for accessories, he may give them in no time. It's like when he is stern that he won't go below 11.37; simply tell him that you want two or three accessories worth 5-6k in total for free and you will take the car in no time; this one frequently works.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
So finally you got a Ford car instead of money refund. All this have happened because of your written complaint direct to Ford. Anyway Congratulations and your New Car looks very Cool..[:)]

Thread Starter #27
Thank you every one.
I have contacted handful of other ford showrooms in our state and I was told that this model will cost INR1174000 on road.
But the big question is y the aspire titanium plus is not into production now?

Hi ,

Anybody here can provide me the email address of Anurag Mehrotra - Executive Director of Marketing, Sales & Service at Ford India or Rahul Gautam - Vice President, Marketing. Thanks in advance.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hi ,

Anybody here can provide me the email address of Anurag Mehrotra - Executive Director of Marketing, Sales & Service at Ford India or Rahul Gautam - Vice President, Marketing. Thanks in advance.
Are you facing any problem ? If yespecially share your experience. In the meantime will ask Vipul to send you the email address.

Top Bottom