Ford Ikon 1.6 Performance Modifications

Go to a mechanic and check the condition first.Make sure it has done no harm to the Engine.After checking go for the FFE.Thank you

Yes. I checked, Was informed no damage and replacing stock muffler costs 2500.00 + labour charges. But i want to instal after market sports muffler.
Freinds please suggest me some proper muffers with the price quote and place were i can get this done.

Last edited:
BTW,Did you Check for Rust or Dents anywhere ?? Please fix them or they will spoil the looks and are Dangerous after Mods !!

There is no use and is waste of money to just install a sport Muffler on a Stock Exhaust setup !!

There is a big difference between a Muffler AND A Free Flow Exhaust Setup

A Muffler is the Last Part of the Exhaust System and People modify it to get that K&N + FFE Sound.It DOES NOT Repeat-DOES NOT have an effect in Performance.You can actually do that by poking a small sized hole anywhere in the Exhaust !! (After the Manifold)

A Free Flow Exhaust system is totally different as it Involves in completely changing the WHOLE Exhaust Setup (From Stock) to a Different Setup which involves a different method of removing Exhaust gasses outta the Car.The FFE (Free flow exhaust) setup- Header | Auxiliary Muffler | Expansion Chamber | Intermediate Pipes | Muffler (Stainless Steel) | Tail Ends

Always go for a FFE with full Modded Parts from Automech !! You have to ask for a Big Muffler with that !!

Go for full Free flow exhaust with Headers and Mufflers.Source from Automech Exhaust systems.They have very good reviews !!

NOTE-Mileage after fitment of FFE is and has always been a Myth !! It can Increase (1-3 Kmpl) or even decrease at the same amount !!
K&N Air and Oil Filter also has this Myth !! These are known to be Cheap and Reliable Ways to increase Power

If you have some more Money,You can go for K&N Air and Oil Filter,Cold Air Intake Setup and a Fully Synthetic Oil (IMPORTANT) !!

Always get a Fire Extinguisher with you too sir !!

Your car is by far the Best Ikon I have ever seen Sir !!

Thank you

Last edited:
I don't know why you are keen on replacing your muffler !! You could rather save some Money and go for FFE Sir !! BTW,Please post some pics of your car !! Thank you

I wanted a sportive sound from my car instead of silent one. So i am planning to get a sports muffler now and get a complete FFE later .Its wise idea , when i need a FFE in some time why would i spend for a stock muffler which i wont be using later.

Top Bottom