Ford Ikon 1.3 Clxi Endura 2000

Thread Starter #16
Re: Ford Ikon 1.3Clxi Endura 2000

I guess all the mechanicals of your car are in excellent condition by now. The only job remaining is the painting and maybe some interior cleaning. I am still waiting to see the interiors.
Yes Akash. Another update of the suspension overhaul was done last week. Will post the details by tomo. And the interior pics i will be posting it tomo along with the update.

@Bharat!

That's an extensive mechanical overhaul man! Yeah, the car should be moving like a new one without any issues; same is the case with mine now.

I have a doubt here, regarding the tensioner bearing. I too got the plastic bearing (for 400 bucks) bur my mechanic did not want to fit this one. So I ended up returning it to the shop.

Is it ok to install a plastic bearing? Because, the steel one is not available seperately and I am also considerate about putting a plastic in place of steel.
Steel bearing is not available in the market as new. May be used ones are there in pudupet but i always add brand new parts to the car in terms of mechanical job. I heard from my electrician and the spare part shop owner where i usually buy parts for all my car's, is that steel bearing will last for 30-35k kms it seems but plastics will last for minimum of 15-20k kms. I used have a terrible loud noise coming from the car due to this bearing. Now it is complete stopped. Do you hear any such noise? The noise will be a kind of Hissing noise. If not dont replace it.

Did you check on the dashboard noise stuff.

Last edited:

Thanks for info on tensioner bearing Bharat! I will also go ahead and change the same to a plastic one.

Reg the dashboard noise, car is with Ilango curretly and I have asked him to check the same. Will let you know of updates soon.

Thread Starter #18

It is been long since i posted. Another update in the vehicle was carried about a month back. It was suspension overhaul. And my baby touched 6's figure. Here is a post.

Attachments

congrats man! your car is very nicely maintained. just needs some touch up on exteriors. post some interior pics also.

Thread Starter #21

Next set of Upgrades was done during January 2011 @ around 66000Kms:

1.Front L-R Lower Arm change - 3500(both)
2. Both Shocks change - 3000 (both)
3. Steering Box bush changes - 750
4. Gearbox water dummy - 600 (Water started leaking from gear box)
5. Engine Coolant - 125
6. Wheel Alignment - 300

Total around 8k

All the parts in the car are changed(nearly 80%) so no problem for another 30-35k kms. Still left is only Tinkering & Painting. I am out of finance for now. May be by month of May or June will be sending her for Paint work.

Oh man , you have done such an extensive overhaul of the whole car! Wish we could meet up soon , i have to check out the car!

Thread Starter #23

As i promised here are the interior's of the Car

Attachments

@bharat, nice pics. The interiors are very neat a total oppsite compared to my car!

knew you were a MU fan but did not know that you are totally into it till now!

ikon Endura rocks![cheers]

Looking nicely maintained , great! Well add me also , i am also a MU fan!

Few suggestions from my side , get a seat cover which has some red stitchings and change the door pad trims to black with a slight mix of red , this will transform your car also to a MU fan![;)]

Thread Starter #27

Thanks guys for all your comments. Its been a long time i logged into the thread. Another help required from you guys.

I am redoing my ICE setup again for my ikon. One of my friend is coming from dubai by this month end.

I want to change my HU for a DVD HU, mono amp. Pls suggest some good DVD HU and model of it. Even for the mono amp.

Thanks guys for all your comments. Its been a long time i logged into the thread. Another help required from you guys.

I am redoing my ICE setup again for my ikon. One of my friend is coming from dubai by this month end.

I want to change my HU for a DVD HU, mono amp. Pls suggest some good DVD HU and model of it. Even for the mono amp.
Bharat, what is the budget for your ICE setup? we can decide on the overall setup based on the budget buddy!

Top Bottom