Ford Ikon 1.3 Clxi Endura 2000

Thread Starter #121
But got a good price so sold her. Moreover cant maintain her putting petrol. So it was time for diesel. You may close the thread.

Bhartj85( bharat jaishankar)

I am harikrishnan joined today only

Can i get the painter contact details

i have a plan to do my ikon repainting

Thanks in advance

Hi bro,
Read all the 9pages. Let me give my ikon's story

I bought a ikon flair 1.3 (rocam engine) 2003 model , 30,500km on ODO, single owner, well maintained, for Rs.92000 3 months ago.

Had a few problems like
1. Silencer rust-rectified now
2. Wheel bearing - replaced
3. RH & LH ORVM changed
4. 30000 km service done (local workshop)
5. Parking sensor with night vision rear view camera fitted
6. Reverse horn fitted (beep beep sound)
7. DRL Fitted
8. Rear LH speaker was not working -rectified
9. Radio antenna fitted
10. AC water leak inside cabin, front passenger side- pipe cleaned and problem solved. Gas refilled but cooling still not satisfactory ( compared to my Chevy beat)
11. Wiper blades changed with some repair to its motor

Problems to be rectified are
1. Sometimes the car engine goes off while we drive, but comes back to normal life once we switch off the ignition and then starts. Happened 2-3 times. Didn't bother to check it with a mechanic yet. Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem?
2. Fit fog lamps, if possible (the rectangular shaped ones as the round ones doesn't fit in this model
3. Buy an AUX Adapter cable (the one bharath has bought). But I couldn't find an AUX input jack in the HU. Is it in its rear side? (The HU is an old casette player, but the menu does shows AUX option).
Bharath, please help me regarding this AUX thing.

Thanks

I went to ford service centre here in trivandrum yesterday to get a user manual for the ikon. It was not available there as it was a discontinued model. Then went around the yard there to see a few old ikons parked there. I searched almost all to find a user manual and finally I got hold of one. I took photos of each and every pages of it with my mobile. And now.. I have the full user manual!

Anybody, please see the above post and give me a solution

Thanks

Hi Hari,

Sorry just now saw your post. His name is kumar and his no is 9841802592/9500072671
Hi Bharath,

Thanks a lot for this information

May i also know if possible what is the charge of painting of your car at that time

Also searching to replace china tyres but the minimum cost is Rs.2400 175/70 R13

the brand is SunFull & Vitour any thing lower than this As mentioned by you Rotalla Rs. 1700

Thanks in advance have a happy journey belated Diwali wishes too

Thread Starter #127
Hi bro,
Read all the 9pages. Let me give my ikon's story

I bought a ikon flair 1.3 (rocam engine) 2003 model , 30,500km on ODO, single owner, well maintained, for Rs.92000 3 months ago.

Had a few problems like
1. Silencer rust-rectified now
2. Wheel bearing - replaced
3. RH & LH ORVM changed
4. 30000 km service done (local workshop)
5. Parking sensor with night vision rear view camera fitted
6. Reverse horn fitted (beep beep sound)
7. DRL Fitted
8. Rear LH speaker was not working -rectified
9. Radio antenna fitted
10. AC water leak inside cabin, front passenger side- pipe cleaned and problem solved. Gas refilled but cooling still not satisfactory ( compared to my Chevy beat)
11. Wiper blades changed with some repair to its motor

Problems to be rectified are
1. Sometimes the car engine goes off while we drive, but comes back to normal life once we switch off the ignition and then starts. Happened 2-3 times. Didn't bother to check it with a mechanic yet. Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem?
2. Fit fog lamps, if possible (the rectangular shaped ones as the round ones doesn't fit in this model
3. Buy an AUX Adapter cable (the one bharath has bought). But I couldn't find an AUX input jack in the HU. Is it in its rear side? (The HU is an old casette player, but the menu does shows AUX option).
Bharath, please help me regarding this AUX thing.

Thanks
Sorry for late reply. Engine goes off could be some problem with timing, spark plugs or ignition coil. Get them checked at a mechanic.

Rectangular fog lamps look ugly on ikon. Dont put them else change the bumper to round type as mine and fit round fogs as i did.

My stereo was a aftermarket Blaupunkt one. So i got the aux cable at market. Not sure about the oe ones. Better change the HU to new ones.

I will never go for OE products for a ikon. Its expensive and useless.

Hi Bharath,

Thanks a lot for this information

May i also know if possible what is the charge of painting of your car at that time

Also searching to replace china tyres but the minimum cost is Rs.2400 175/70 R13

the brand is SunFull & Vitour any thing lower than this As mentioned by you Rotalla Rs. 1700

Thanks in advance have a happy journey belated Diwali wishes too
Sorry for late reply and belated Diwali wishes to you too bro. Painting comes around 15-20k now depending upon the amount of tinkering in it.

Tyres nowadays are very expensive compared to how i bought it 4yrs back. Better go for some good tyres as quality of china tyres are not good these days.

Sorry for late reply. Engine goes off could be some problem with timing, spark plugs or ignition coil. Get them checked at a mechanic.

Rectangular fog lamps look ugly on ikon. Dont put them else change the bumper to round type as mine and fit round fogs as i did.

My stereo was a aftermarket Blaupunkt one. So i got the aux cable at market. Not sure about the oe ones. Better change the HU to new ones.

I will never go for OE products for a ikon. Its expensive and useless.

Thanks for the reply bro.

Changing the bumper is going to cost a bit, right? In my case, fog lamps are not for cosmetic purpose, but as an additional to the headlights. That's why I prefer to have the same rectangular ones. Isn't it possible to get outside?

Top Bottom