Ford Freestyle Ownership Review: Live The Free Life

Ambylovers, not to disrupt this thread, but you may be interested to review my ownership report of my (now sold) Ambassador 2005 model 2000DSL.
HM Ambassador Diesel (2005) Ownership Review

Sadly by 2014 end I had to sell it for varied reasons such as it was giving more trouble in engine, the end of Ambassador production (worry about spare availability in the future) and I had some big career changes and temporary shift in location.

Thread Starter #17
Yes..this was way back in 2003 - 04. The car was a 1986 make if I am not wrong. It was all good until it started giving some troubles especially one night when we were stranded at a deserted and dented the reliability factor..So he had to sell it off and bought a used Maruti 800 which lasted for another 8 years with us :)

few of the memories I have with the car
1) There is a Rod that needs to be inserted in the front of the car and rotate it to start the car sometimes :)
2) My dad used to polish it with wax after which it used to shine
3) Coming to interior space - I used to sleep ( 7 - 8 years old ) beside my father when he was driving - That big
4) And one prominent change is that the High/ low beam switch used to be somewhere near the left leg of the driver side

Lots of memories with that car !!!

Wow, Its good to hear that.
Whether you sold it off?

Thread Starter #18
Have completed 13000 kms with the car in the first 9 months, not very high running as I was tied up with many personal and professional commitments. Few weekend drives are in the pipeline in the upcoming months. Few observations post the 10000 km service

1) The engine is as smooth as ever
2) Change of gear from 1st to 2nd is not as smooth as it used to be, there is a slight slotting trouble there, will observe the severity of it and take it up with the service centre
3) Average mileage is hovering around 17 - 19 in city , 20 - 21 in highways. I am a very sedate driver, sometimes I am worried I might be driving at a tad lower RPM ?? Please advice
4) Few new rattles from the front door panels, especially the front plastic portion of the door is very soft and tends to bend inwards with ease

That's it so far, will continue to share updates as I clock in more miles

Thanks

Thread Starter #20
That's very good mileage, is it with AC ?
BTW How much cost incurred in 10000 km service ?
1) 50 % With / Without AC..I am a sedate driver and in bumper to bumper traffic it touches 15, but overall it's awesome !
2) In highways, with AC, if you maintain 80 - 90 you can clock 22 - 25 with ease depending on the load of car
3) I don't remember exactly - Somewhere around 1650

I also am looking at this, but when compared to other petrol hatches like Grand i10, IGNIS, Liva etc., it works out very costly in Mumbai. Dealer quoting ~ 8.25 L on road for Titanium, not budging

Very good mileage in city. Is that figure by tankful method or is the MID figure reliable unlike Tata? [;)]
In my Tigor, the actual FE figures are lesser than 2-3 as compared to figures shown in MID. In city traffic, MID shows fe as 14 but when I calculated by tankful, it was 11. [:)]

Thread Starter #24
I
Very good mileage in city. Is that figure by tankful method or is the MID figure reliable unlike Tata? [;)]
In my Tigor, the actual FE figures are lesser than 2-3 as compared to figures shown in MID. In city traffic, MID shows fe as 14 but when I calculated by tankful, it was 11. [:)]
I think there could be a slight change, I tried calculating for the first 2,3 tankfuls and arrived a very close number to the one in MID. Once I grew confident on the mileage I stopped checking the tank full method :)

You could have a look at the Figo, It's very good VFM !

Top Bottom