Ford Figo - TDCI (Diesel) - Titanium

Ya i am pretty sure your leather seats are the cause,as i remember travelling well in our car for a few months until my dad had the leather seats installed & it was the same story with me for next 2 years,so when i saw your problem & saw the interior pic i knew exactly it was not travel sickness but the seats ,we had the thicker black shade ones which give out more odour.I noticed the other shade leathers dont give much irritation.

Thread Starter #17
Tried everything no luck. She still get nausea and sickness. I think this is because of diesel vibration.

I was reading more about resonance and I feel the vibration of car and engine is creating some kind of low frequency resonance that is making her comfortable. I have no idea what to do.

Your case reminds me of older days when Diesel Ambassador fumes used to cause vomiting feeling, mostly in women.

Somehow I get the feeling that its the same in your case too, though it might not be perceptible to you (or your nose).

Suggest change the mats, A/c air filter and do an interior cleaning with some scented car shampoo/cleaner. Use a strong car perfume and see how it goes.

Soni, Welcome to TAI !!

I will try and see if my experience will help you.

considering that you had a Santro petrol earlier and now Figo diesel.

It was the same story with me as I had M800 petrol and now Ritz diesel

This because of following reasons

1. My M800 was low seating one with less cabin noise and vibrations due to a petrol one
2. My Ritz is a high seating one bit bumpy with bit more cabin noise and vibration due to a diesel car

So scenario 1 changed here is, they got shifted from a low seating postion to high seating position and bumpy feeling especially while braking, corners and due to driving situation in traffic.
scenario 2 changed here is shifted from low cabin noise and vibration to a high cabin noise and diesel engine vibrations.

Now in your case it is reverse

They have got shifted from high seating to a very low seating in figo
They have shifted from a petrol noiseless smooth drive to a diesel more cabin noise and bit vibrations !!

So I had the same problem till 6 months minimum and after that they got used to it, but occasionally warn me not to zig zag in traffic and no sudden breaking, then also I have changed my driving style a bit when my family in the car and when I am alone I drive in my own fashion[:)]

Hope this will be useful for you to analyse something

Tried everything no luck. She still get nausea and sickness. I think this is because of diesel vibration.

I was reading more about resonance and I feel the vibration of car and engine is creating some kind of low frequency resonance that is making her comfortable. I have no idea what to do.
Why dont you take your family out in a petrol Figo(if you can) & see if the same happens,then you will know if its the low seating position or the diesel vibration or fumes,also make sure the beading on your boot area is sealed well,this is where the fume back tracks into the car.

Thread Starter #22
from february do you have same problem with all the family members.I thought as days passed it may disappear this feeling.
@Raj - Not all family members, but one of the most important family member. My wife. [frustration]

Your case reminds me of older days when Diesel Ambassador fumes used to cause vomiting feeling, mostly in women.

Somehow I get the feeling that its the same in your case too, though it might not be perceptible to you (or your nose).

Suggest change the mats, A/c air filter and do an interior cleaning with some scented car shampoo/cleaner. Use a strong car perfume and see how it goes.
@chayan - Agree, my mom was having same problem with Ambassador engine, but those days, fumes used to seep inside the cabin, but that is not the case any more with modern cars.

I keep my car clean, and some times in the hot sun, to make sure no traces of fumes/smell remain, but no luck so far.

Soni, Welcome to TAI !!

I will try and see if my experience will help you.

considering that you had a Santro petrol earlier and now Figo diesel.

It was the same story with me as I had M800 petrol and now Ritz diesel

This because of following reasons

1. My M800 was low seating one with less cabin noise and vibrations due to a petrol one
2. My Ritz is a high seating one bit bumpy with bit more cabin noise and vibration due to a diesel car

So scenario 1 changed here is, they got shifted from a low seating postion to high seating position and bumpy feeling especially while braking, corners and due to driving situation in traffic.
scenario 2 changed here is shifted from low cabin noise and vibration to a high cabin noise and diesel engine vibrations.

Now in your case it is reverse

They have got shifted from high seating to a very low seating in figo
They have shifted from a petrol noiseless smooth drive to a diesel more cabin noise and bit vibrations !!

So I had the same problem till 6 months minimum and after that they got used to it, but occasionally warn me not to zig zag in traffic and no sudden breaking, then also I have changed my driving style a bit when my family in the car and when I am alone I drive in my own fashion[:)]

Hope this will be useful for you to analyse something
@Gurrala74: This kind of helped me, I just thought about it. When she sits on front seat, the vomiting sensation is lower compare to the back seats. Is there something you can suggest based on this?

Why dont you take your family out in a petrol Figo(if you can) & see if the same happens,then you will know if its the low seating position or the diesel vibration or fumes,also make sure the beading on your boot area is sealed well,this is where the fume back tracks into the car.
@Prads - Need to try that. I guess that's the only option left for me now. shift to a different car because I could not fix the problem. [frustration]

Thank you everyone for your time and suggestions.

Long live TIA

@Soni,

I try and give some orange peppermints/halls ginger to my wife and children to avoid vomiting. More to it, I drive bit slow, steady to ensure least uncomfortable for such passengers. Please also follow others suggestions like change the interior seat covers to a soft color and with art leather, because original leather once omit some different odor. Remove the dark tints, proved them with some cushions where they do not feel like sitting in a well[:)] always see that some nice soft music is played in your ICE.

Is it because of the "extremely dark" tints and is it dark inside the car? One suggestion is driving with all windows down - how was the experience then?

Hi soni,

Hope you found a solution to the problem that you were facing.

And sorry to go out off topic. I am local to Hyderabad an planning on buying Figo (Diesel).

Since you have been driving Figo for a while, can u please share your experience in all these months as in terms of Ford A.S.S (which service center), any niggles? And about the ground clearance issue I keep reading about (considering HYD roads), Service costs and Fuel Efficiency.

and the price you mentioned was it OTR (unbelievable for top model) considering ridiculous RTA/Life tax in HYD.

Please let me know if it's not too much of a trouble.

Hi soni,

Hope you found a solution to the problem that you were facing.

And sorry to go out off topic. I am local to Hyderabad an planning on buying Figo (Diesel).

Since you have been driving Figo for a while, can u please share your experience in all these months as in terms of Ford A.S.S (which service center), any niggles? And about the ground clearance issue I keep reading about (considering HYD roads), Service costs and Fuel Efficiency.

and the price you mentioned was it OTR (unbelievable for top model) considering ridiculous RTA/Life tax in HYD.

Please let me know if it's not too much of a trouble.
Levron

Welcome to TAI !!. Even I am from Hyderabad and have some info on FIGO Titanium Diesel as my close friend me bought the cars same time(mine is Ritz and my friend with FIGO).

Within these one year our running is like this

Ritz LDI - 15000km
Figo Titanium Diesel - 35000km

service cost

Ritz-3rd free service finished - Rs.5000/- approx
Figo - on the paid service now - Rs.20000/- approx

My friends says, the service cost is little bit high for ford when we compare with Maruti.

Issues :
Ritz - Nil
Figo - Nil

FE

Ritz - 18+ city with 75% AC, single person
Figo - 16+ city with 100% AC, single person

Features wise package

Figo - got more features than Ritz

comfort

Ritz- is very spacious and comfortable for people like me(5'10") with bit longer legs(mfg.defect by god[:)]), but since it is Tall boy the ride is bit bumpy with a body roll, so one has to get used to its character

Figo : is also spacious but bit less head room, but my friend is short hence no problems and comfortable driving according to him, I drove that many times but due to my legs problem I did not feel it is very comfortable.

Figo, my friends says two things he did not like

1. Tubro lag in 2nd gear
2. Very soft suspension where he has to drive very carefully on speed breakers of Hyderabad which are completely abnormal in design !!

Hope this helps you for your decision, along with this I sincerely suggest you to check with Punto diesel, as I missed this last year as the service was from TATA, but now they have opened a dedicated showroom and service, Tejaswi motors in Banjarahills. This is really a good car.

I also checked Vista and left it due to service fear, but now the new model Vista 2012 is very good with loaded features and there is again a good TATA service dealer with same name Tejaswi motors, opp cyber towers hyderabad.

Levron

Welcome to TAI !!. Even I am from Hyderabad and have some info on FIGO Titanium Diesel as my close friend me bought the cars same time(mine is Ritz and my friend with FIGO).

Within these one year our running is like this

Ritz LDI - 15000km
Figo Titanium Diesel - 35000km

service cost

Ritz-3rd free service finished - Rs.5000/- approx
Figo - on the paid service now - Rs.20000/- approx

My friends says, the service cost is little bit high for ford when we compare with Maruti.

Issues :
Ritz - Nil
Figo - Nil

FE

Ritz - 18+ city with 75% AC, single person
Figo - 16+ city with 100% AC, single person

Features wise package

Figo - got more features than Ritz

comfort

Ritz- is very spacious and comfortable for people like me(5'10") with bit longer legs(mfg.defect by god[:)]), but since it is Tall boy the ride is bit bumpy with a body roll, so one has to get used to its character

Figo : is also spacious but bit less head room, but my friend is short hence no problems and comfortable driving according to him, I drove that many times but due to my legs problem I did not feel it is very comfortable.

Figo, my friends says two things he did not like

1. Tubro lag in 2nd gear
2. Very soft suspension where he has to drive very carefully on speed breakers of Hyderabad which are completely abnormal in design !!

Hope this helps you for your decision, along with this I sincerely suggest you to check with Punto diesel, as I missed this last year as the service was from TATA, but now they have opened a dedicated showroom and service, Tejaswi motors in Banjarahills. This is really a good car.

I also checked Vista and left it due to service fear, but now the new model Vista 2012 is very good with loaded features and there is again a good TATA service dealer with same name Tejaswi motors, opp cyber towers hyderabad.
Hi Gurrala,

My heartful thanks for the detailed information and valuable suggestions.

Firstly we are keen on Diesel but had a tight budget of about 5.5 - 6 lakhs max (OTR). Considered few cars as below:

1. New Vista Quadrajet LS (for the famous QJD engine on budget)
2. Ritz (same engine as Vista a few grand upwards)
3. Ford Figo (As last option, never really was into ford)
4. Vista TDi (ruled out coz of TDi engine way too old)

* Punto is out of my Budget.

Now we are a small family (5) and been using Santro and couple of bikes never really needed another car. But now it's becoming difficult and had to face hella trouble in monsoon (thanks to HYD rains this year). Moreover an additional member will be comin in (yeap I'll b a father soon :) ) and one more reason that I need a new car.

I always wanted to go for Ritz but my brother is not OK with it reason being new ritz facelift launch. He says resale value will be effected, at the same time m worried about the rumored increase of 1.70 lakhs premium on Diesel cars. And I need a car by Nov-Dec.

My brother some how is keen on New Vista QJD (for Fiat engine as per him). My dad drives Santro and says No to it, as per him it carries a Taxi Badge.

Now only option that was on line was Figo and read review from Soni and wanted to know his views.

Ritz I know is any day safe bet as my cousin drives it and prefers for all his short trips (He drives Volvo XC 90 rest of the time) and I know the Ritz for a while traveling with him.

I know it's a long story but just thought would give you any insight about where exactly I stand and please suggest what's the best option for me considering OTR and A.S.S costs in Hyderabad. Also would it be any benefit if I buy the car in festive season? Or year end batch vehicle for good discounts? I will keep this car for a min of 5 years

Last edited:
Levron

To be very frank, read the following.

I was same last year in terms of budget tightness !![:)] believe me I get effected with any kind of wrong decision which leads to a crying situation afterwards, so I did lot of research while changing my car last year from M800. So with this experience, I suggest you something.

I love to own Punto for its built and safety features and comfort driving, but same like you the budget was bit more and also the service was in TATA hands, so this lead me back on this beautiful car. Now since they have a dedicated showroom and service you can think of this if you can stretch your budget little, but be prepared for very little expensive on maintenance, but this car is worth for its body built which safe and please think of ABS atleast if not air bags because I did this mistake last year and feel bad about it, because the Maruti cars are not that strong by their built quality and they do not offer ABS or Airbags in base variants.

About Ritz : It is not very great in appeal, appearance features and built quality when you compare with Punto and Vista. But it is absolutely no-nonsense car which will never trouble you anywhere and maintenance is much cheaper comparing to others. Even in long trips of 300 to 500km I never felt any kind of tiredness and its just awesome. So on whole it is just a VFM car without any great features and body built is not very strong. So my decision to go for this was due to its more head room and comfortable leg room while driving and maruti A.S.S. They are short falls as I explained but they never bother me much as I started living with it and some how I love it for its shape(may be because I liked Splash when I was in Europe) and I am a bit practical thinking guy !!

Now about Vista 2012 : Believe me it is a wonderful car either it is more space in side and its strong built quality and again same proven Fiat engine. So I feel this is the best car with the best price which suits you and of-course this was my final contender competing with Ritz last year. The only thing made me not to choose this beauty, the same reason you told. There are two Vista cabs in my street, the guy whom I hire for a car who send me Vista 2012 these days, so what to do on this [frustration] this cab issue and feeling made me not to choose this "beautiful car". Second issue is you luck while selecting or landing in to a good TATA service. So if you can really manage these two things, Vista is a best package for you and very much within your budget[clap]

I hope you are buying the car to keep it with you at least for 4 to 5 years, hence just forget about the "Resale" nonsense and focus on comfort,driving pleasure and safety issues. And after 5 years no body knows which car will sell for which price and what will be the reason.

One more thing on FE : According to me all those 3 cars will give you same FE more or less.

Hope I made some help for your decision and not confused you further !!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #29
@levronstyle212 - Figo is of course a good car to buy. No doubt about it. Are you interested to buy my car?

If you read the post you will know why I am thinking to sell it [frustration]

Top Bottom